William Maley

Chevrolet News:Spying: The Inside (and Outside) Story of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado

A fresh stack of spy shots of the upcoming 2019 Chevrolet Silverado has arrived and we have gotten our first look at the interior.

The picture reveals that the blocky dash design of the current truck is sticking around. The center stack design is similar to what you'll find in the GMC Acadia. It appears this mule is running a new version of Chevrolet's MyLink system with a new status bar along the bottom.

We also got some new clues on the 2019 Silverado's exterior. It appears Chevrolet is keeping the blocky profile shape. The front end gets new headlights with LEDs and a revised bumper.

We still don't know much about powertrains for the 2019 Silverado except that a 10-speed automatic that was jointly developed with Ford will be showing up.

Source: Motor Authority

View full article

What an absolutely gorgeous truck!  We live in such an age of automotive abundance...like I said before...what an amazing time to be alive and be an enthusiast.

The paint job on these is smooth as glass!  I love all the little details on the front end, sides, rear end and interior.

Nice, always good to see them focused on improving them.

Not sure why, but just looking at the truck has me thinking I am going to really like this new update......

inside looks cool.  Outside looks like maybe Chevy has been sniffing Ford glue; it's almost got some shaping like the F150's.  And not digging the little hofmeister kink on the base of the rear door window.

But hey its all spy photos so who knows what it will really look like.  I do like the current ones, they way they have massaged the look the last couple years.

SHould be good.  With the updated 18 F-150 and this and a new ram coming for 19, should be really awesome.  I think there are a couple japanese Fullsize trucks too, but they don't count. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stew said:

SHould be good.  With the updated 18 F-150 and this and a new ram coming for 19, should be really awesome.  I think there are a couple japanese Fullsize trucks too, but they don't count. 

The Titan was redesigned a couple years ago, but the Tundra dates back over a decade, with an MCE 4 years ago...wonder when an all-new one incoming...

I am not a big fan of the Titan's design and the lack of a regular cab/short bed model is annoying.  The Tundra is so far behind, particularly in powertrain tech it is insane.  Not to mention the last gen F-150 dash.  Now, just because it is old doesn't mean it can't be modern.  The Ram has been constantly updated which has kept it competitive. 

Edited by Stew

Nissan probably wisely chose not to offer a regular cab/short bed combo, it would have sold maybe a few dozen units annually, at most?   No demand anymore for such a body style...I think Ford and GM offer such a combination, but I can't recall the last time I saw one...

• Confused 1

It's my absolute favorite fullsize truck bodystyle... followed by regular cab longbed.  I still see them from time to time... local GMC dealer has an SLE Z71 in their showroom right now.  :wub:

I know you like them, I like them also..I esp. like the older regular cab short beds w/ the old school step side beds.  But in today's market, it seems anything that isn't a 4dr isn't selling well...

(If I ever had an old truck as a hobby vehicle, I'd want an '80s Chevy or GMC short bed step side...always liked the look).

$_1-2.JPG

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Like 1

I've never cared for the 'fenderside' versions of any truck of any generation after the early 60s- they just look like 2 different trucks welded together IMO. Even the '57 F-250 I owned was a Styleside (first year).

On 11/10/2017 at 11:24 AM, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Nissan probably wisely chose not to offer a regular cab/short bed combo, it would have sold maybe a few dozen units annually, at most?   No demand anymore for such a body style...I think Ford and GM offer such a combination, but I can't recall the last time I saw one...

They sell good here.  I see tons of new RC short beds, if not I am sure GM, Ford, and Ram would have discontinued it, but they haven't for a reason.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      The GMC Build and Price tool has let the details slip on the power ratings of the upcoming inline-6 diesel due to be released in the Sierra and Silverado in a few weeks.  The 3.0 liter turbo diesel will produce 277 hp at 3,750 rpm and 460 lb-ft at a mere 1,500 rpm. The only transmission choice will be the 10-speed automatic. These numbers are SAE certified and verified by GM. The diesel motor will be available on LT and above trims on the Chevy and on all GMC trims except the base.
      These numbers make the GM six more powerful than Ford's V6 Powerstroke diesel which runs at 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque.  The New Ram 1500 still hasn't gotten a diesel unit, but it will probably be the same rating as the 260 hp and 442 lb-ft of torque in the Jeep Gladiator.
      One area still unknown on the GM unit is fuel economy. The Ford F-150 Powerstroke is EPA estimated for 30 mpg highway/25 combined/22 city. 
      The GM diesels 1500 trucks will be at dealerships this summer. 
      Related:

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      The GMC Build and Price tool has let the details slip on the power ratings of the upcoming inline-6 diesel due to be released in the Sierra and Silverado in a few weeks.  The 3.0 liter turbo diesel will produce 277 hp at 3,750 rpm and 460 lb-ft at a mere 1,500 rpm. The only transmission choice will be the 10-speed automatic. These numbers are SAE certified and verified by GM. The diesel motor will be available on LT and above trims on the Chevy and on all GMC trims except the base.
      These numbers make the GM six more powerful than Ford's V6 Powerstroke diesel which runs at 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque.  The New Ram 1500 still hasn't gotten a diesel unit, but it will probably be the same rating as the 260 hp and 442 lb-ft of torque in the Jeep Gladiator.
      One area still unknown on the GM unit is fuel economy. The Ford F-150 Powerstroke is EPA estimated for 30 mpg highway/25 combined/22 city. 
      The GM diesels 1500 trucks will be at dealerships this summer. 
      Related:

• By regfootball
      DRIVEN: 2019 Chevrolet Blazer LT AWD 3.6 (MSRP around 40k)
      HIGHS:
      -Blazer name is back!
      -Unique, sporty CUV style, drawing inspiration from the Camaro.  Be seen.  Looks good in person, even in a bad color.
      -Nice new interior design, including ball blower vents down low.  That will be a godsend in summer.  I liked the gauges, displays, controls, and touchscreen.
      -Cargo area seemed more useful in size than I imagined.  If I recall, the rear seats can slide forward and back to help out with that.
      -If you are averse to 4 cylinder engines, Chevy has you covered here.  Most of the Blazers will be had with 3.6 v6.  And with enough throttle foot, and after you let it wind up, and if the tranny actually kicks down, it scoots pretty well.
      -Fans of CUV's that are heavy and sit high will be like pigs in slop in the Blazer.
      LOWS:
      -There are probably a lot of people that won't be into the styling.
      -Drivetrain doesn't seem refined.  Sorry, another one of these GM drivetrains with the common 3.6 that underwhelms.  Slow transmission kickdown.  Feels like driveline has a lot of slop.  Lack of useful torque.  Grainy sounding, revs slow, throttle response is a dud.  
      -Interior space is not exactly a middle spot between the Equinox and Traverse.  To some it will feel not much larger than an Equinox inside, which is either a compliment for the Equinox (wasn't intended to be) or a rip on the Blazer (maybe that's where I was going).   Perhaps how high you sit on the queen perch exacerbates the truckiness of this thing, but it feels narrow in relation to it's size, and it's easier to knock elbows with your neighbor than it should be in this thing.
      -There is nothing about the ride and handling that stuck in my mind as impressive.  In fact, it was quite the opposite.  Now, maybe the RS is better, I don't know.
      -Irregardless of whether a vehicle being heavy is a good or bad thing, it's that the Blazer actually feels porky or even porkier than it is / isn't.
      -The elephant in the room on this thing is price.  This lightly equipped LT was near 40 grand.  In the same showroom is an almost equally equipped Traverse for an almost equal price.  The versions that are in the high 40's and 50's, it's a real SMH to me.
      -An all around feel about the vehicle that it was just a cobbled together parts bin ride (which historically has been GM's PENCHANT).  The Blazer is a vehicle that feels old by several years on the market, right when it's introduced.
      SUMMARY
      No compelling reason to pick this vehicle on the market other than if you are a GM fanboi/girl or you've gone sick on the styling of it.  If it's the former, its another case of GM missing an opportunity to provide class competitive or better vehicle refinement and dynamics and missing the mark.  If it's the latter, then the styling ends up being the sole purpose for the vehicle to exist in the market.  If it doesn't have more than that, than it's hopes for being a long term success are pretty thin.  I don't need to dive much more into this one.  Reviving the Blazer name and throwing it on something that evokes the Camaro in styling is about all there is behind this effort.  Nissan came out with the Murano in 2003? 2004? And Chevrolet finally has something to compete with it in 2019.  The list of vehicles that are better options to this for your money, whether 2 or 3 row, are in the dozens.  As far as Chevy, if you really want size, immediately bypass the Blazer and just go straight for the Traverse.  For performance and refinement, it's entirely possibly that a well loaded Equinox with the 2.0 engine is a much more enjoyable vehicle for a majority of people.  And don't forget the GMC options too.  Other makes and models, Santa Fe, Atlas, Edge, Passport, all better.  I might be here all day if I list all the better options.
      It doesn't make it bad to like the Blazer and I wouldn't criticize anyone for buying one.  I just think GM mailed it in here, which they seem to be doing with increasing frequency here.  All you get here is a name and some style.  Bless ya if that's what you want.  I may try the 2.5 FWD for contrast, but i think I can 99% safely say one of these will never be in my driveway.  Continuing to lose more and more faith in GM and Chevy all the time.

• My Clubs