Sign in to follow this  
MRDETROITMETAL

C7 Corvette

Eventually, a C7 has to be brought out stepped up but not too far from what is...;

Posted Image

Corvette C7 - Version 2 ;

Posted Image

More drawing than chop, not perfect but my eyes are burning....enough for now.

Version 1 / 2.0 as incorporating ALL of your ideas so far...see the post in postion for further info...we are NOT done yet !!

But definately GETT"IN THERE :

Posted Image

Open roadster version, abit more Sting Ray to this one ;

Posted Image

and a rear quater view too...

Posted Image

After all our posts this is what I came up with....;

Posted Image

But if you have any more ideas...

HERE CHOP THESE PIXS (if ya want to) ....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Too much of a Kit Car vibe.

It looks mid engined too BTW

I do like some of the curvy

lines but it borrows too much.

Like the Mustang style side

scoops in the doors & the

super-scoop headlights.

Actually, that has potential. I'll have a "drawn" version up soon. Great ideas though, DetroitMetal!

Not bad. Not bad at all. I just don't care much for those wheels though.

Way better than anything I could come up. Nice job.

THX for the comments...I figured this would get your motors running !

I went for a ALMS/Trans-Am racer kinda look with this one...got a few more I am working on so I'll put them up soon. I will try some of your ideas out on the next few pixs and put them up here too.

It may not be that obvious but the front window on this one has been brought forward about 6-8 inches and the backlight glass flatend out to push the air into that big spoiler. IMO it is pretty NASTY look'in...I'd go for it !

Good ideas from you all...keep those cards and letters coming !

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

It looks pretty damn cool. But I don't like the headlighst at all...just circles? they need a shape, more like the C6 has...also the wheels look a bit too big...and I don't care foe the design of them...I perfer 5-spokes. I also think the lip spoiler would look better if it wasn't split like that. Simple changes really...if you do them I think it'll be awesome

Speaking of the headlights, sealed beams are sooo 20th century. :P

im going to be honest... i dont know what it is... i definitely like some of the parts... the coke bottles... that awesome aggressive stance...

but i just... cant bring myself to like it... like at all... theres just something about it that makes me not like it... and i wish i could tell you what it was so you could change it or something...

maybe its those headlights... and the split grill thing... and it may also be the shorter hood... i dunno... but theres definitely stuff i love about this... but as a whole i just dont like it...

LOL...maybe it is too Aston Martinish ?

I am working on some others but this is a hard car to change !

Seems like it would be easy but it is not, because it is real easy to lose the Corvette look, (makes me appreciate those guys at GM even more)...maybe thats what you are feeling with this ?

You've got something there NOS.

Nos, yea thats pretty smooth. Think I still like a split grille vette, just the old school in me, I guess, but you got the look going for sure...keep at it and let's see what you do, I do like it.

Sure this could become very interesting, anybody else wanna give it a try ?....have at it.

NOS i definitely like yours... tho the cowl hood is severely off center... but that can be easily fixed...

MrDM... that second one... i like the headlights... but thats about it... where the first one at least had some recognizable corvette shape... the new one has lost all of it... it doesnt have enough curves... as im loking at it... it would actually make a pretty sweet firebird... but not a corvette

ill give this a shot... see what i can come up with... expect alot of C3 influences... when i draw corvettes they always get alot of C3 in them because thats my favorite corvette ever...

Yea PLEASE...help me out here. I obviously like these designs (or I would not have made them ! )...& the Corvette is after all MY CAR, I own 3 of them. I am thinking that the second one is more a production style car versus the first one which is more custom like.

While I don't think #2 looks all that Pontiac like, as I was drawing it Pontiac kept coming back at me tho....You should'a seen some of those versions, unfortunately I erased them all...to protect the innocent, LOL !

As I said it is very easy to go from Corvette to Firebird without intending to do so.

it's too easy to get a Firebird look from a Vette, so maybe I will try changing a Firebird into a Vette ????!!!!

I got another Vette in process now too....post it later.

let's see some more stuff from you guys here.

We may actually come up with a new Vette, if we put our thoughts together ?

Is'nt that how GM does it ??

Is'nt that how GM does it ??

I think most of the time designers are given the task.. they all go home, do their homework, and create a design.. then they pick the best 2 or 3 designs and all critique each one to come up with 1-2 final possibilities..

I think most of the time designers are given the task.. they all go home, do their homework, and create a design.. then they pick the best 2 or 3 designs and all critique each one to come up with 1-2 final possibilities..

LOL...no man, they bust thier asses IN the STUDIO !...drawing all day and half the night just to be told what they did looks like $h!. THEN, they argue for another 2 days to justify what they did and win a few others over, finally the head of design decides what "elements" from each designers pix go to the next level....and then they ALL work on the same design.

Truth.

Sure you wanna JOB ???

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

This is some edits to the original image. I don't have time to do anymore, hence why the headlights aren't done, only the general shapes are there, and why I didn't replace the wheels. I did change some things like the front end and cleaned up the side. I wish I could do more but I gotta finish packing ^^;

Posted Image

i finally finished mine... the passenger headlight is a little weird looking... an the wheels suck... but thats because i suck at drawing wheels... and the headlight was real difficult to get right so i made it as best i could...

THIS is how you do a split grill vette...

Posted Image

i love it... what do you guys think?

Mont,....that's Deep !...I like that alot. Side vents ala 68, hmmmm.

did'ja forget a parking light tho ? ...lol. I never even noticed what you pointed out as shortcomings, ....good pix !

Inspiring, for real.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook