HSV Managing Director Tim Jackson on HSV 2018

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Interesting, very interesting :confused0071:

I wonder how many right hand drive auto's are sold in the world compared to left hand based? 

I wonder how many countries are right hand versus left hand auto markets?

It does make one wonder why the auto industry has not pushed for a universal way to drive. Course I guess it would really screw up older folks who are starting to forget things when driving is second nature if you tried to change to left or right side built only globally. :scratchchin:

Found a great web site that shows the global map and that really most places are left hand driven auto's driving on the right hand side except the former british colonies. 

https://www.worldstandards.eu/cars/list-of-left-driving-countries/

To quote them:

This world map shows which side of the road traffic drives on. Green coloured countries drive on the right, orange countries drive on the left. As you can see, most former British colonies, with some exceptions, drive on the left side of the road, whereas the United States of America, Latin American countries and European countries drive on the right. Almost always, in countries where one drives on the right-hand side of the road, the cars are built so that the driver sits on the left-hand side of the car. Conversely, driving on the left-hand side of the road usually implies that the driver’s seat is on the right-hand side of the car. Below the world map you can also find a complete list of all countries of the world and the side of the road the inhabitants drive on.

LeftRightDrivingMap.jpg