William Maley

Acura News: Acura Announces Return of Type S, New Twin-Turbo V6

On 1/26/2018 at 10:09 PM, smk4565 said:

Right, everyone craps on the CLA, which the CLA45 can dominate any Acura outside of the NSX.  Acura's so called "precision performance" can't even beat the bottom feeder Mercedes.  I am not buying FWD performance is on par with RWD.

The bottom feeder Mercedes isn't starting at 50k like the CLA45 is. That's well into C Class territory and only 2 grand from E Class territory. I don't think that's an accurate way to word the CLA45 as a bottom feeder at 50k. The CLA250 is THE bottom feeder. 

CLA may dominate on a race track but it's tiny and cramped so it's give and take on what the buyer wants.  

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

CLA may dominate on a race track but it's tiny and cramped so it's give and take on what the buyer wants.  

but therein lies acura's problem... if a CLA is a little cramped or harsh, nearly everyone else has an entry-lux alternative with more space/comfort. 

acura's entire MO has been co-opted by everyone else. the only thing they have going is that their vehicles are based on honda's and people are asking why bother getting an Acura when a Honda can be optioned just as nicely and is potentially better. 

1 hour ago, FAPTurbo said:

but therein lies acura's problem... if a CLA is a little cramped or harsh, nearly everyone else has an entry-lux alternative with more space/comfort. 

How is that a problem for Acura? Acura has an ILX that is CLA sized. 

I'm not sure what you're saying here... 

13 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

How is that a problem for Acura? Acura has an ILX that is CLA sized. 

I'm not sure what you're saying here... 

because it's a) not really good compared to anyone else and b) you may as well just get a loaded civic

i'm saying acura sucks and doesn't offer anything that isn't already done better by someone else

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FAPTurbo said:

because it's a) not really good compared to anyone else and b) you may as well just get a loaded civic

i'm saying acura sucks and doesn't offer anything that isn't already done better by someone else

I doubt they are going to be releasing  type-s variants of their current dated lineup.. only new models as they arrive.