Here’s Why the 2018 Lincoln Navigator is Worth $100,000

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Ugh; Doug.

Watched the whole thing because I hadn't looked at all into learning about the new Navi- really seems to be top notch material.

Will be interesting to see how quickly Mercedes, which never copies or benchmarks another brand, comes out with the Navigator's unique seating configurations. You know; co-incidentally.

OK, Have to give them major Kudos, that light up of the Lincoln symbol in the front and the headlights when approaching the car.

Common Doug, the hide away running boards Cadillac had on the Escalade for years, nothing new. Also he talks about how no one has the ability to raise the seats back up in the 3rd row, but hello, Cadillac has had it for years in the Escalade.

Have to say I do love that they incorporated the glass opening without having to open the whole tailgate. The video from an owner that shows closing the rear door closes the rear tailgate is funny. :P

Themes are very cool, the Destination Theme is my favorite!

Very cool all the seat adjustments.

So my Build of a Black Label $ came out to $100,895

OK, very cool he mentions he is 6'3" tall and how he fits for tall people. Very cool! :D 

Sucks not a single Black label within 100 miles of my house. Talk about cheap ass dealers only ordering up the lower level versions. :( 

My own reservation is what he does talk about, lacking the grunt of what you get out of a V8. 

Usually not a fan of Doug's reviews, but this one was pretty good!

Cadillac is really gonna have to step up their game. NY Auto Show I am very excited to see what they show and talk about.

A Black Label dealer has to spend like atleast $250,000 in renovations and other staff training, kitting out the dealership for special service bays and having a Black Label concierge for all customers in that dealership's territory.

So basically no small-time Lincoln but big-ass Ford dealer will do that, they'd rather nudge the customer towards the new Expedition EVERY TIME.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Suaviloquent said:

A Black Label dealer has to spend like atleast $250,000 in renovations and other staff training, kitting out the dealership for special service bays and having a Black Label concierge for all customers in that dealership's territory.

So basically no small-time Lincoln but big-ass Ford dealer will do that, they'd rather nudge the customer towards the new Expedition EVERY TIME.

I can understand that but in the Greater Seattle area with the average income being so high, I would expect at least in Bellevue that they would be a Black Label Dealer.

OK, Found a Black Label Dealer in Issaquah, about 32 miles away, they have black label of the various cars but no 2018 navigators in stock yet.

http://www.evergreenlincolnofissaquah.com/?fmccmp=t1-fd 

Cool, will have to go check it out when they do.

5 hours ago, dfelt said:

...NY Auto Show I am very excited to see what they show and talk about.

word is that NYC will show the Aviator concept (which will be on sale in less than a year from then)

I actually watched this yesterday. Pretty interesting video although I will say a handful of those features I have through SYNC in my Focus also including the keyless door entry with the number pad. 

13 hours ago, dfelt said:

Common Doug, the hide away running boards Cadillac had on the Escalade for years, nothing new.

Yeah the Expedition has also had this for years.

7 hours ago, 2b2 said:

word is that NYC will show the Aviator concept (which will be on sale in less than a year from then)

Slot in between the MKX and Expedition, I assume? A replacement for the HIDEOUS MKT?

Edited by ccap41
  • Like 1

I almost hate to say it, but this is the kind of vehicle that this Doug dude was meant for. He definitely likes to delve into the minutiae of the features. Generally the driving portion of the videos are less than informational, is driving enthusiast. And that is what makes this new Navigator so well suited for his style. I would have no problem considering this truck because I think it does exactly what Lincoln set out for it to do..... swaddle it's owner in luxurious amenities and coddle in the way it drives. And, there ain't nothing wrong with that!

Edited by lengnert
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Slot in between the MKX and Expedition, I assume? A replacement for the HIDEOUS MKT?

Sort of...the MKT is a pretty much fleet model at this point...assuming the Aviator or whatever it will be called will be a sibling of the next gen Explorer.