Sign in to follow this  
Variance

VW Eos Pricing Announced

16 posts in this topic

VW Eos Pricing Announced

Posted Image

The prime competitor to the Pontiac G6 Convertible, the Volkswagen Eos, is going to start at $27,990 for the 2.0T trim with 200hp. A 3.2L 250hp V6 model will be available starting at $36,850. The Eos will be available this fall.

Read "All-New Volkswagen Eos Convertible" @ VW Mediaroom

Almost $10k for 50hp? As long as it comes with a nice warranty that will last until its paid off, I'd take it over the G6 because its better looking and not a Pontiac.

The 3.2L model is too much, but the 2.0T seems reasonably priced. If Pontiac came out with a more reasonably priced GTP with the 3.6 and 6-speed that's going into the sedan and coupe it would be a lot better than this, but as-is there isn't enough power in the 3.9 to really compete with the 3.2 in the Eos.

Damn, the G6 'vert's time as the cheapest hard-top sure was limited.

Anyway, I half expected VW to undercut it price-wise.

This is a good thing. It means GM may wake up to the fact that it needs their 3.6L and six speed auto in their G6 ragtop, and it needs to be done fast.

Damn, the G6 'vert's time as the cheapest hard-top sure was limited. 

Anyway, I half expected VW to undercut it price-wise.

No, the G6 is still the cheapest. The $27,990 doesn't include shipping, with shipping, the Eos costs $28,625. The G6 is $28,490 including shipping. Still, they're about the same.

With that kind of price, this is not a People's Car, imo.

The VW will also make you pay...alot...for every option.

Well, yes, high-end options are available (navigation, bi-Xenons, park distance control, DSG, etc), but even the base Eos comes with a panoramic glass sunroof, pop-up rollover protection, ESP, and side airbags as standard.

With that kind of price, this is not a People's Car, imo.

Yeah, I think a metal roof should be standard to lower the MSRP.

The new folding hard top Sebring will be cheaper than them both. Plus there will be a 250 hp 3.5L with a six speed auto.....and hopefully it will be less than $30K.

However, I'm pretty sure the folding top Sebring is probably more than 6 months away.

Well, yes, high-end options are available (navigation, bi-Xenons, park distance control, DSG, etc), but even the base Eos comes with a panoramic glass sunroof, pop-up rollover protection, ESP, and side airbags as standard.

The VW will feel like it's worth the money if not more. There's still a level of engineering and chassis development (based upon the new Jetta, GLI, and Passat) that the G6 will struggle to match.

Plus, I'm assuming the Eos will weigh less than the G6's 3,900lbs.

Power will be fine for the $28K price. If you haven't driven it, VW's new 2.0T engine is a GEM. Very smooth, quiet, powerful....with next to no turbo lag. It will overshadow the 227hp 3.9L/4-speed combo in the G6.

Autoweek's recent review of the G6 convertible was less-than-favorable.....and doesn't give me much hope in the car.

The V6 pricing is on the high side but the 2.0T is fine. I think Pontiac should be offering some, if not all, of the options the Eos will.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this