William Maley

Chevrolet News:Sales of Chevrolet Bolts Rise Due To Model 3 Delays, Tax Credit Concerns

Tesla's production hell seems to be only getting worse than better. Various issues at their Freemont plant has caused the automaker to push back their goal of producing 5,000 Model 3s from late last year to June of this year. This, in turn, has caused some holders of Model 3 reservations to have their order pushed back to 2019.

“As we work hard to meet demand, we wanted to let you know that your estimated delivery timing has been adjusted to a slightly later window,” Tesla said in an email to customers.

According to Bloomberg, the new date depends on when the reservation was placed and what model was chosen. Tesla is trying to get the more expensive long-range battery model out first before starting production of the cheaper standard battery model. This has buyers of the latter model worried as they might not get the full $7,500 tax credit. The credit begins to phase out once an automaker has built 200,000, something Tesla expects to hit sometime this year.

The move has caused some reservation holders to take to various forums and Twitter to complain. Others are deciding to jump ship and buy a Chevrolet Bolt. Reuters reports that Chevrolet dealers in California are seeing a noticeable increase of Tesla shoppers interested in the Bolt.

“We’re getting the Tesla people who wanted their Model 3. We ask them, ‘What other cars are you interested in?’ They’re mostly Tesla. But they want the car now. They don’t want to wait,” said Yev Kaplinskiy of Stewart Chevrolet.

Kaplinskiy said they sold 15 Bolts last weekend.

Chevrolet is taking advantage of the delay by emailing some prospective buyers this week with the message of, “Bolt EV: Now available.”

Source: Bloomberg, Reuters

View full article

• Thanks 2

Tesla is really good at designing cars, really good at marketing cars, terrible at producing cars.  And this is Tesla's chance to cash in, they need to get that production line at full speed, before everyone else enters the market. 

Any more delays past June and I think Tesla will have officially shot themselves in the foot long term.

Benefit is that Chevy is going to win over some skeptics who will find the BOLT to be every bit as good if not better than the Tesla 3.

Tesla's 'worn soap' look is already long in the tooth from the Model S, by the time the Model 3 fills 20% of it's pre-orders, the design will be a decade old.

10 hours ago, balthazar said:

Tesla's 'worn soap' look is already long in the tooth from the Model S, by the time the Model 3 fills 20% of it's pre-orders, the design will be a decade old.

So totally agree and perfect analogy, a worn bar of soap is exactly what the car looks like. Tesla is a patent / powertrain win for who ever eventually buys them, right now their best bet is what they have started to do which is sell the Powertrain via EV conversion shops like EV West who will sell and install it for you into your auto or just sell you the package for doing it yourself.

Took a look @ EV West's site; they'll ell you a single Model S motor, 275-400 KW, plus some support pieces for $12,000. Add an LSD and you're at $15K.

For some reason, this electric motor only has a 1 year warranty- would've expected with the relative simplicity vs. IC, it would be at least double the OEM IC warranty. Didn't see a range of installation prices. So far, their conversion kits are only made for penalty-box Euro vehicles tho.

Not looking like a sound financial deal, IMO.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, balthazar said:

Took a look @ EV West's site; they'll ell you a single Model S motor, 275-400 KW, plus some support pieces for $12,000. Add an LSD and you're at $15K.

For some reason, this electric motor only has a 1 year warranty- would've expected with the relative simplicity vs. IC, it would be at least double the OEM IC warranty. Didn't see a range of installation prices. So far, their conversion kits are only made for penalty-box Euro vehicles tho.

Not looking like a sound financial deal, IMO.

I called them as every auto and the size of the battery (Most expensive component) makes every conversion a custom quote. 

I agree with you that the 1yr warranty is weird and I would have expected longer too from Tesla, but at least they are trying.

I wonder when GM or Toyota will offer EV powertrain kits on their crate sales site.

22 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Tesla is really good at designing cars, really good at marketing cars, terrible at producing cars.  And this is Tesla's chance to cash in, they need to get that production line at full speed, before everyone else enters the market. 

Small problem: execution and product availability are everything in this business.  Elon Musk and his crew have clearly underachieved on this one.  Seems like no one can actually get their hands on a Tesla model 3.  Pitiful.

22 hours ago, dfelt said:

Any more delays past June and I think Tesla will have officially shot themselves in the foot long term.

Benefit is that Chevy is going to win over some skeptics who will find the BOLT to be every bit as good if not better than the Tesla 3.

But the Bolt is small, for people that only want an EV no matter what, then it is fine.  But if I were in the market for a mid-size sedan or RAV4 sized crossover or 3 row crossover, as most shoppers are, then I would not be looking at a Bolt.  The Bolt isn't as fast as a Model 3 either.  Now if they make a 220 mile range EV Malibu or Equinox for $37k, then game on.

59 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

Small problem: execution and product availability are everything in this business.  Elon Musk and his crew have clearly underachieved on this one.  Seems like no one can actually get their hands on a Tesla model 3.  Pitiful.

Right, I could make a flying car that ran on cheez wiz and if there was only one of them hand built in my garage it wouldn't do any good.  Tesla needs to figure out how to get the stuff they design to actual buyers.

the market needs a mid size or large car at a palatable price.  by that, I mean something not as small as Bolt / Volt.

'The Bolt's not large enough for people looking for a mid-size car.'
Model 3 interior volume: 97 CF.
Bolt EV interior volume: 95 CF.
At least the Bolt has a cargo opening you can fit more than a shoebox through.

The industry has been moving to smaller & smaller vehicles on the whole. Though it doesn't suit my preferences, large cars (or what is so labeled these days) are on the way out (I buy trucks, anyway). Model 3 sedan unfortunately will be born into a rapidly shrinking segment, whereas the much more practical Bolt is in the growing segment. Model 3 should have been the Model Y first.

• Upvote 1

What is the legroom, shoulder room, hip room on a Bolt?  I have sat in the Bolt, it has head room because it is sort of tall and there is knee room because the center console is small and mostly open, so those are pluses.  But the Bolt is still too little of a car for me to consider, the Volt actually has less space for the driver, despite being larger.

Look at the sales of 3 row crossovers, the largest growth segment in the industry.  Look at Camry and Accord sales, pick up truck sales, etc.  Then look at Fiat and Mini sales, because the Bolt is Mini Cooper sized. 

Bolt has more front & rear legroom than an E-class sedan! Then again, perhaps MB-s mediocre packaging isn't a fair comparison. ;)

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Bolt has more front & rear legroom than an E-class sedan! Then again, perhaps MB-s mediocre packaging isn't a fair comparison. ;)

I can't imagine someone buying a Bolt over an E-class, though.   Different niches.   Commuter econobox vs. a midsize luxury sedan...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

25 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I can't imagine someone buying a Bolt over an E-class, though.   Different niches.   Commuter econobox vs. a midsize luxury sedan...

Go test drive one, the closing of the door on the Bolt is like a vault compared to the tin can close of the E-Class. Chevy did a very nice job on the Bolt and you get allot of CUV for the money I think. The one thing I hear over and over is how solid the BOLT is by people that check it out compared to higher end luxury auto's.

No Chevy has doors more solid than a German car, the only think worse is a a Toyota door.  And the Bolt is slow and what about skidpad and grip?  The Model 3 can out perform an ATS, for ATS money, the Bolt can not. 

I am pro Electric  vehicles, but I am not interested in econoboxes. Neither are most people.  The Malibu, Implala, Tahoe, Camaro, Traverse and Equinox all outsell the Bolt.  This tells me people don’t want a subcompact car, because they want a Chevy, just not a small Chevy.

Edited by smk4565

35 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

No Chevy has doors more solid than a German car, the only think worse is a a Toyota door.  And the Bolt is slow and what about skidpad and grip?  The Model 3 can out perform an ATS, for ATS money, the Bolt can not. 

I am pro Electric  vehicles, but I am not interested in econoboxes. Neither are most people.  The Malibu, Implala, Tahoe, Camaro, Traverse and Equinox all outsell the Bolt.  This tells me people don’t want a subcompact car, because they want a Chevy, just not a small Chevy.

The Bolt is a novelty econobox--for city commuters that want something with a small footprint for tight parking spaces, I suppose. 

The Bolt is a good small car.  My question is this: where are the EV Equinox and EV Trax?  Better still, where are the EV Cadillac XT5 and XT4?  GM needs to build those too, because Tesla either cannot or will not build them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

The Bolt is a novelty econobox--for city commuters that want something with a small footprint for tight parking spaces, I suppose. 

That's what Daimler expressly said about the smart, yet I see them (not many, admittedly) out in rural areas and jockeying on the Turnpike with semis.
Bolt is a compact mini-wagon, basically a low CUV. It's sales are impressive within it's segment (EVs), but not so much relative to ICE vehicles... but that's a factor of a notably higher price and the uphill battle EVs are working against. I suppose one could call the entire EV genre a 'novelty' based on market performance, but I don't think one should look upon it as a 'fad'. Will be interesting to watch it's 2018 sales chart performance.

Meanwhile, General Motors is supposed to bring how many EVs online by 2021?
Would be interesting to see an XT4 EV powertrain option (as long as there are also ICEs).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Your post tells me you have never actually looked at one, been in one or test drove one. 0 to 60 in 6.5 seconds is nothing to sneeze at and when you put it in sport mode it drops a full second to 5.5 seconds. BOLT is faster than most ICE Cars out there today.

More usable space than a Tesla 3, there has been no official testing of a Tesla 3 so trying to compare it to an ATS or better than anything else is Vapor Speech.

People who say it is a stripped down Econobox, needs to first go and record themselves in the actual car. It is a very nice car with triple door seals and yes closes better than than most German cars including the E-Class.

Your snob attitude tells me you have not set foot on a chevy dealership at least since the BOLT came out as you think you and your E-Class is too good to even go and be a TRUE CAR ENTHUSIAST and check the BOLT out.

I challenge you SMK to go onto the lot, record yourself checking out a BOLT and post the Pictures / Video to everyone and then if you still want to say it is garbage, your right.

Right now, the BOLT is way better than allot of cars / CUVs out there.

1 hour ago, riviera74 said:

The Bolt is a good small car.  My question is this: where are the EV Equinox and EV Trax?  Better still, where are the EV Cadillac XT5 and XT4?  GM needs to build those too, because Tesla either cannot or will not build them.

They are coming, GM CEO is on record by her own words that 2 CUV's will be coming for sale at 2020 models in late 2019 and by 2021 Generation 2 platform for the BOLT will spane 7 more EV's plus be used for plug in Hybrids using the VOLT type powertrain for a total of 11 EV/Hybrid auto's.

gm-ev-roadmap.jpg

Forgot that in October, CEO Barra stated that the updated plan is to have 20 EV auto's out in the next 6 years of which the first two as I stated above will be based on the BOLT Generation 1 platform out late 2019 as 2020 models and then 18 based on Generation 2 platform covering global sales and all 4 family brands.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/02/gm-to-ramp-up-electric-vehicle-plans-with-20-models-over-next-6-years.html

Here was the official GM release about 20 EV auto's and a global push for Zero Emission family of auto's for the planet.

http://www.gm.com/mol/m-2017-oct-1002-electric.html

40 minutes ago, dfelt said:

They are coming, GM CEO is on record by her own words that 2 CUV's will be coming for sale at 2020 models in late 2019 and by 2021 Generation 2 platform for the BOLT will spane 7 more EV's plus be used for plug in Hybrids using the VOLT type powertrain for a total of 11 EV/Hybrid auto's.

Forgot that in October, CEO Barra stated that the updated plan is to have 20 EV auto's out in the next 6 years of which the first two as I stated above will be based on the BOLT Generation 1 platform out late 2019 as 2020 models and then 18 based on Generation 2 platform covering global sales and all 4 family brands.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/02/gm-to-ramp-up-electric-vehicle-plans-with-20-models-over-next-6-years.html

Here was the official GM release about 20 EV auto's and a global push for Zero Emission family of auto's for the planet.

http://www.gm.com/mol/m-2017-oct-1002-electric.html

MY 2020 and 2021 are not far off, so I would think we should be see some of these at shows in the next 12-18 months...going to be interesting to see.   

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 61 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      It is already tough for a number of people to afford a new vehicle as the average transaction price keeps rising. According to Kelly Blue Book, the average transaction price for November rose 2.1 percent to $36,978. This isn't being helped by American automakers deciding to stop producing cars due to changing consumer tastes. This was brought to light last week when General Motors announced that it would be cutting a number of cars including the Chevrolet Cruze. Most automakers and dealers believe consumers will move towards utility vehicles, but some dealers believe that consumers may defect from American automakers because they don't offer the vehicle they are looking for.
      Chad Martin, a Bowling Green, Ky., dealer tells Automotive News that consumers feel the "affordability pinch" when automakers decide to drop cars to focus more on utility vehicles. For the most part, consumers "generally seem to be shopping for a particular type of vehicle, such as compact cars." Remove them out of your lineup and consumers are likely going to look elsewhere.
      "What this is going to mean is, you're going to see a somewhat higher defection rate because you don't have the product lineup that particular consumer wants," said Martin.
      Another big hurdle facing consumers who want to stick with the domestics is pricing. Martin explained that there is more than a $5,000 difference in pricing between compact crossovers and compact sedans. 
      Obviously, the consumer is going to have to absorb that $5,000 difference," said Martin.
      The numbers from Kelly Blue Book tell the story.
      Compact Car Average Transaction Price: $20,458 Subcompact Crossover/SUV Average Transaction Price: $24,210 Compact Crossover/SUV Average Transaction Price: $28,765 Jeremy Acevedo, Edmunds' manager of industry analysis agrees with the sentiment said by some dealers that consumers loyal to a segment may look elsewhere.
      "It's easy for shoppers to move from a Cavalier to a Cobalt to a Cruze. But it's a whole different ballgame moving from a car to an SUV."
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article
    • By William Maley
      It is already tough for a number of people to afford a new vehicle as the average transaction price keeps rising. According to Kelly Blue Book, the average transaction price for November rose 2.1 percent to $36,978. This isn't being helped by American automakers deciding to stop producing cars due to changing consumer tastes. This was brought to light last week when General Motors announced that it would be cutting a number of cars including the Chevrolet Cruze. Most automakers and dealers believe consumers will move towards utility vehicles, but some dealers believe that consumers may defect from American automakers because they don't offer the vehicle they are looking for.
      Chad Martin, a Bowling Green, Ky., dealer tells Automotive News that consumers feel the "affordability pinch" when automakers decide to drop cars to focus more on utility vehicles. For the most part, consumers "generally seem to be shopping for a particular type of vehicle, such as compact cars." Remove them out of your lineup and consumers are likely going to look elsewhere.
      "What this is going to mean is, you're going to see a somewhat higher defection rate because you don't have the product lineup that particular consumer wants," said Martin.
      Another big hurdle facing consumers who want to stick with the domestics is pricing. Martin explained that there is more than a $5,000 difference in pricing between compact crossovers and compact sedans. 
      Obviously, the consumer is going to have to absorb that $5,000 difference," said Martin.
      The numbers from Kelly Blue Book tell the story.
      Compact Car Average Transaction Price: $20,458 Subcompact Crossover/SUV Average Transaction Price: $24,210 Compact Crossover/SUV Average Transaction Price: $28,765 Jeremy Acevedo, Edmunds' manager of industry analysis agrees with the sentiment said by some dealers that consumers loyal to a segment may look elsewhere.
      "It's easy for shoppers to move from a Cavalier to a Cobalt to a Cruze. But it's a whole different ballgame moving from a car to an SUV."
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)
    • By William Maley
      Chevrolet has revealed the first details and images of the upcoming 2020 Silverado HD that will be premiering in February - most likely at the Chicago Auto Show.
      The most evident item that will determine whether or not you like the truck is the front end. Chevrolet wanted to make the heavy-duty Silverado slightly different than its light-duty brother. This is done via a larger grille with an industrial look. Other design changes include squared-off fenders and smoother surfacing on the sides. Chevrolet has introduced a set of integrated steps into the side of the bed that is said to help with access to the available fifth-wheel hitch. No pictures of the interior were provided, but we're expecting it to be similar to the Silverado 1500.
      Like the current Silverado HD, the 2019 model will have two engines. There will be "an all-new gasoline engine with direct injection mated to a six-speed transmission" and a "Duramax Turbo-Diesel V-8, which delivers 910 lb-ft of torque through an all-new, Allison 10-speed transmission." Chevrolet is keeping quiet on various technical details for both engines.
      Sales are expected to begin sometime in the middle of next year.
      Gallery: 2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD
      Source: Chevrolet

MOST CAPABLE, MOST ADVANCED SILVERADO HEAVY DUTY EVER TO DEBUT IN FEBRUARY 2019
      2020 Silverado HD is the third all-new Silverado in 18 months DETROIT — When the 2020 Silverado HD debuts in February 2019 it will be the most capable and most advanced Silverado HD ever. It will also be the third all-new Silverado model from Chevrolet in just 18 months — each designed for different customers.
      “We know the needs and priorities of heavy-duty customers are different than those of either light-duty or medium-duty customers,” said Jaclyn McQuaid, chief engineer, Silverado HD. “As such, we built a heavy-duty truck tailor-made for them that has more differentiation than ever before from light-duty models, offers advanced towing technologies to improve towing confidence and includes new features such as the integrated Bedstep, which makes it easier to access the bed while pulling a fifth-wheel trailer.”
      Built at the Flint Assembly plant in Flint, Mich., the new Silverado HD’s design has a bold, sculpted form that follows its enhanced heavy-duty function, differentiating it from the light-duty Silverado. In fact, the 2020 Silverado HD exterior shares only the roof with its Silverado 1500 stablemate — every other piece of sheet metal is exclusive to Silverado HD.
      “We set out to make a statement with the 2020 Silverado HD and wanted to visually capture the power and capability of the truck,” said Brian Izard, lead exterior designer for Silverado HD. “The result is a truck that looks like a piece of heavy machinery with modern, chiseled finishes and customer-focused details.”
      The interior benefits from similar architectural changes made to the all-new Silverado 1500, including an additional 3 inches of legroom on crew cab models and a taller, more comfortable seating position.
      Under the 2020 Silverado HD’s hood is a choice of two new powertrains: an all-new gasoline engine with direct injection mated to a six-speed transmission, or the Duramax Turbo-Diesel V-8, which delivers 910 lb-ft of torque through an all-new, Allison 10-speed transmission.
      The 2020 Silverado HD also will offer all-new customer-focused trailering technology, significant increases in towing and payload capabilities and a host of technologies and features designed specifically for heavy-duty truck customers.
      GM’s focus on understanding truck customers has helped build the most successful truck franchise in the industry over the last four years. Since introducing the industry’s first three-truck strategy with midsize, full-size light-duty and full-size heavy-duty trucks in 2014, GM has been the best-selling truck manufacturer for four consecutive years. The company has sold more than 600,000 pickups than the closest manufacturer from 2014 through the first three quarters of 2018.
      That momentum is expected to continue with the launches of the new Colorado ZR2 Bison, all-new Silverado 1500, the all-new Silverado Medium-Duty trucks and now the all-new Silverado HD models.
      The 2020 Silverado HD goes on sale in mid-2019, stay tuned for more details about the all-new 2020 Silverado HD.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Chevrolet has revealed the first details and images of the upcoming 2020 Silverado HD that will be premiering in February - most likely at the Chicago Auto Show.
      The most evident item that will determine whether or not you like the truck is the front end. Chevrolet wanted to make the heavy-duty Silverado slightly different than its light-duty brother. This is done via a larger grille with an industrial look. Other design changes include squared-off fenders and smoother surfacing on the sides. Chevrolet has introduced a set of integrated steps into the side of the bed that is said to help with access to the available fifth-wheel hitch. No pictures of the interior were provided, but we're expecting it to be similar to the Silverado 1500.
      Like the current Silverado HD, the 2019 model will have two engines. There will be "an all-new gasoline engine with direct injection mated to a six-speed transmission" and a "Duramax Turbo-Diesel V-8, which delivers 910 lb-ft of torque through an all-new, Allison 10-speed transmission." Chevrolet is keeping quiet on various technical details for both engines.
      Sales are expected to begin sometime in the middle of next year.
      Gallery: 2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD
      Source: Chevrolet

MOST CAPABLE, MOST ADVANCED SILVERADO HEAVY DUTY EVER TO DEBUT IN FEBRUARY 2019
      2020 Silverado HD is the third all-new Silverado in 18 months DETROIT — When the 2020 Silverado HD debuts in February 2019 it will be the most capable and most advanced Silverado HD ever. It will also be the third all-new Silverado model from Chevrolet in just 18 months — each designed for different customers.
      “We know the needs and priorities of heavy-duty customers are different than those of either light-duty or medium-duty customers,” said Jaclyn McQuaid, chief engineer, Silverado HD. “As such, we built a heavy-duty truck tailor-made for them that has more differentiation than ever before from light-duty models, offers advanced towing technologies to improve towing confidence and includes new features such as the integrated Bedstep, which makes it easier to access the bed while pulling a fifth-wheel trailer.”
      Built at the Flint Assembly plant in Flint, Mich., the new Silverado HD’s design has a bold, sculpted form that follows its enhanced heavy-duty function, differentiating it from the light-duty Silverado. In fact, the 2020 Silverado HD exterior shares only the roof with its Silverado 1500 stablemate — every other piece of sheet metal is exclusive to Silverado HD.
      “We set out to make a statement with the 2020 Silverado HD and wanted to visually capture the power and capability of the truck,” said Brian Izard, lead exterior designer for Silverado HD. “The result is a truck that looks like a piece of heavy machinery with modern, chiseled finishes and customer-focused details.”
      The interior benefits from similar architectural changes made to the all-new Silverado 1500, including an additional 3 inches of legroom on crew cab models and a taller, more comfortable seating position.
      Under the 2020 Silverado HD’s hood is a choice of two new powertrains: an all-new gasoline engine with direct injection mated to a six-speed transmission, or the Duramax Turbo-Diesel V-8, which delivers 910 lb-ft of torque through an all-new, Allison 10-speed transmission.
      The 2020 Silverado HD also will offer all-new customer-focused trailering technology, significant increases in towing and payload capabilities and a host of technologies and features designed specifically for heavy-duty truck customers.
      GM’s focus on understanding truck customers has helped build the most successful truck franchise in the industry over the last four years. Since introducing the industry’s first three-truck strategy with midsize, full-size light-duty and full-size heavy-duty trucks in 2014, GM has been the best-selling truck manufacturer for four consecutive years. The company has sold more than 600,000 pickups than the closest manufacturer from 2014 through the first three quarters of 2018.
      That momentum is expected to continue with the launches of the new Colorado ZR2 Bison, all-new Silverado 1500, the all-new Silverado Medium-Duty trucks and now the all-new Silverado HD models.
      The 2020 Silverado HD goes on sale in mid-2019, stay tuned for more details about the all-new 2020 Silverado HD.
    • By William Maley
      General Motors made a big deal about a new 2.7L turbo-four that would be available on the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500. This engine promises more power, better towing, and improved fuel economy when compared to the 4.3L V6 engine. But when the official fuel economy figures came out, the engine became somewhat less impressive.
      The EPA rates the 2.7L turbo-four at 20 City/23 Highway/21 Combined for the 2WD variant and 19/22/20 for the 4WD variant. That isn't a huge improvement on the V6s found in the Ford F-150 and Ram 1500.
      F-150 with 3.3L V6: 19/25/22 (2WD), 18/23/20 (4WD) F-150 with 2.7L EcoBoost V6: 20/26/22 (2WD), 19/24/21 (4WD) Ram 1500 with 3.6L V6: 20/25/22 (2WD), 19/24/21 (4WD) "If you're delivering on everything, and you're getting the same fuel economy, the question is, 'Why?' " explained Stephanie Brinley, principal automotive analyst at IHS Markit.
      Officials at GM say the EPA ratings don't tell the whole story on the new engine. Like a diesel engine, " fuel economy will be better in the real world than its predecessor and will at least match comparable V-6 models from competitors," they said.
      "I don't think we're done with the fuel economy piece yet," said Tim Herrick, executive chief engineer of GM's full-size trucks to Automotive News.
      "Don't look at the label. We're as good or better than them in every step."
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article
  • My Clubs