William Maley

Hyundai News:Hyundai is Going Forward with Tucson N

Auto Express had the chance to speak with Byung Kwon Rhim, Hyundai's global head of sales at the reveal of the 2019 Santa Fe last week. The topic of the N performance division came up and Auto Express asked if there are plans for expansion.

"Tucson is under development, and other models will come after that,” Rhim said.

We first heard about a fast Tucson last May when the head of N, Albert Biermann expressed interest in building one.

"We started with the [i30] C segment and the Fastback [coupe] will follow and we are already working on some other concepts for the B segment [Accent] and SUV also. Right now we are open," said Biermann.

Auto Express thinks the Tucson N could debut sometime in 2019. It may feature the 275 horsepower, 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder found under the hoods of the i30 N and upcoming Veloster N

Source: Auto Express

View full article

COOL, Hopefully Chevy will bring back the Trailblazer and have an updated SS AWD version. I love mine.

14 minutes ago, dfelt said:

COOL, Hopefully Chevy will bring back the Trailblazer and have an updated SS AWD version. I love mine.

Well, the Chevy equiv would be the Equinox.  If they did an RS or SS version with an uprated 2.0T like the new Envision and maybe some sportier suspension. 

• Like 1

Hey why not :).  Put the 3.3TT from the Genesis/Stinger in the Sante Fe as well :)

I think a turbo 4 is a great idea, and 275 hp is a good amount but it isn' like it is going to turn a Tuscon into a sports car, any top trim Cam-Cord has that much power.  So I think a decent number of people would want that much power, but I don't how how that makes it an "N" performance car.  I still don't know what "N" means, why can't it just be called Sport or Turbo or something.

15 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I think a turbo 4 is a great idea, and 275 hp is a good amount but it isn' like it is going to turn a Tuscon into a sports car, any top trim Cam-Cord has that much power.  So I think a decent number of people would want that much power, but I don't how how that makes it an "N" performance car.  I still don't know what "N" means, why can't it just be called Sport or Turbo or something.

Because N is more than just a turbo engine. From the Hyundai I30 N:

"Under the skin, Hyundai has added an adaptive suspension to change ride and handling characteristics to suit your mood along with new brakes. An electronic limited-slip differential, larger brakes, Pirelli P-Zero tires, and a variable exhaust system come with the Performance Pack."

Definitely more than just turbo...

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      Model Sales
      Vehicle
      July-19
      July-18
      2019 YTD
      2018 YTD
      Accent
      Elantra
      Ioniq
      Kona
      Nexo
      36*
      Palisade
      Santa Fe
      Sonata
      Tucson
      Veloster
      *Includes Tucson Fuel Cell sales
      Sales Summary
        July-19 July-18 2019 YTD 2018 YTD Hyundai 57,340 51,137 390,668 378,923
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Hyundai has released released details of the 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.  While visually it remains close to the non-hybrid version, it does get a different grille, rear spoilers, and special alloy wheels to fine tune aerodynamics. 
      Hyundai has two technologies debuting on the 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.  First is a solar roof system that recharges the battery to increase travel distance and unnecessary battery discharge. When the system gets an average of 6 hours a day of charging, it is expect to increase travel distance by about 800 miles annually. 
      The second is a new 6-speed hybrid automatic transmission with Active Control Shift (ACS). The transmission is monitored by the hybrid control unit 500 times per second and uses the hybrid motor to precisely adjust the transmission rotational speed to allow for faster shift times and better fuel efficiency.  This technology also increases durability of the transmission by reducing friction during shifting. 
      The engine of Sonata Hybrid is a 2.0 liter 4-cylinder producing 152 horsepower, the electric motor max power output is 38 horsepower, for a total system power output of 195 horsepower. 
      The 2020 Hyundai Sonata goes on sale late summer 2019, no word on when the hybrid will be available. 

Related:

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Hyundai has released released details of the 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.  While visually it remains close to the non-hybrid version, it does get a different grille, rear spoilers, and special alloy wheels to fine tune aerodynamics. 
      Hyundai has two technologies debuting on the 2020 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.  First is a solar roof system that recharges the battery to increase travel distance and unnecessary battery discharge. When the system gets an average of 6 hours a day of charging, it is expect to increase travel distance by about 800 miles annually. 
      The second is a new 6-speed hybrid automatic transmission with Active Control Shift (ACS). The transmission is monitored by the hybrid control unit 500 times per second and uses the hybrid motor to precisely adjust the transmission rotational speed to allow for faster shift times and better fuel efficiency.  This technology also increases durability of the transmission by reducing friction during shifting. 
      The engine of Sonata Hybrid is a 2.0 liter 4-cylinder producing 152 horsepower, the electric motor max power output is 38 horsepower, for a total system power output of 195 horsepower. 
      The 2020 Hyundai Sonata goes on sale late summer 2019, no word on when the hybrid will be available. 

Related:

• By Drew Dowdell
      Hyundai first showed the Santa Cruz pickup truck concept at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show and has teased the truck to the public in the 4 years since its debut.  Now it seems that the Vice President of Product, Corporate, and Digital Planning is saying the Korean auto maker is expecting to enter the U.S. truck market soon with a model built in North America, and possibly in the U.S.  Hyundai already builds the Santa Fe crossover in Montgomery Alabama. 
      The Santa Cruse that was shown at NAIAS was a crossover vehicle similar to the Honda Ridgeline and featured a 2.0-liter turbo diesel engine, a tailgate which could extend out further from the truck, and rear hinged rear doors. Given that Hyundai has already canceled plans for the diesel Santa Fe, don't expect one to make it into the Santa Cruz. 
      There is still no timeline for introduction or production of the consumer version, so if you're holding your breath for this truck, you'll have to keep holding a bit longer. 

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Hyundai first showed the Santa Cruz pickup truck concept at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show and has teased the truck to the public in the 4 years since its debut.  Now it seems that the Vice President of Product, Corporate, and Digital Planning is saying the Korean auto maker is expecting to enter the U.S. truck market soon with a model built in North America, and possibly in the U.S.  Hyundai already builds the Santa Fe crossover in Montgomery Alabama. 
      The Santa Cruse that was shown at NAIAS was a crossover vehicle similar to the Honda Ridgeline and featured a 2.0-liter turbo diesel engine, a tailgate which could extend out further from the truck, and rear hinged rear doors. Given that Hyundai has already canceled plans for the diesel Santa Fe, don't expect one to make it into the Santa Cruz. 
      There is still no timeline for introduction or production of the consumer version, so if you're holding your breath for this truck, you'll have to keep holding a bit longer. 
  • My Clubs

• Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook