Review: 2018 Lexus LC 500

16 hours ago, balthazar said:

Do you have any idea of how many toyota/lexus recalls have been issued in the last 10 years??
The cumulative total of vehicles must be closing in on 60 million at this point. There were 3 in the last 3 weeks. And if that studio photo of the LC is indicative, I'd hope the Mustang isn't as "good" as a lexus. :P

- - - - -
Here's another, and I'm telling you- it's just RAMPANT if you actually look. Volvo XC90, a vehicle that starts at $47K. See that seam- why isn't it consistent (and tight)- why is it angling wider as it goes to the right? This is shoddy body engineering, because it sure isn't intentional. What it is is inexcusable.

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 10.50.49 PM.png

If you have it out for any car company, you can find this with all of them. 

On 3/15/2018 at 9:06 AM, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

The LC looks great in brown...(everything looks better in brown, IMO).

91DGWPn+LrL._SX463_.jpg

91u9ccVzDQL._SL1500_.jpg

:wub:

5 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Anyone who thinks Ford is even in the same dimension as Lexus in regards to reliability is delusional.

Anyone who thinks 60 million vehicles recalled for frequently MAJOR engineering problems is reliable is likewise. ;)

- - - - -

If you have it out for any car company, you can find this with all of them. 

I don't 'have it out for' Volvo; volvo's not remotely on my radar. Just making observations especially topical whenever unreasonable fawning occurs. I hear 'incredible!', 'stunning' and I simply look at some studio photographs to see if reality matches up with the elevated hype.

I heard this 20 years ago about BMWs, when they weren't nearly so frequent. So I sought out a few in parking lots and leered thru the window. Completely pedestrian, and always with those giant black steering wheels that color-matched nothing else in the interior. Like a school bus.

Edited by balthazar

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

Anyone who thinks 60 million vehicles recalled for frequently MAJOR engineering problems is reliable is likewise. ;)

- - - - -

I don't 'have it out for' Volvo; volvo's not remotely on my radar. Just making observations especially topical whenever unreasonable fawning occurs. I hear 'incredible!', 'stunning' and I simply look at some studio photographs to see if reality matches up with the elevated hype.

I heard this 20 years ago about BMWs, when they weren't nearly so frequent. So I sought out a few in parking lots and leered thru the window. Completely pedestrian, and always with those giant black steering wheels that color-matched nothing else in the interior. Like a school bus.

Recalls in and of themselves are meaningless. Every MFR has recalls. The scope and cause of them  is dependent upon many, many things beyond reliability.