Cadillac readies exclusive twin-turbo, 4.2-liter V-8

NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Cadillac readies exclusive twin-turbo, 4.2-liter V-8 

Richard Truett

Cadillac, for the first time in 26 years, will have an exclusive engine -- a 4.2-liter twin-turbo V-8, making good on a 2016 promise by brand President Johan de Nysschen.

From Automotive News

Cadillac has a new V8: Meet the Northstar 2.0 (with 4.2 liters)

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/technology/northstar-20-cadillac-has-new-v8#ixzz5AOSSLk2i

• Thanks 2

While excited that they are finally delivering this, I still think a NA V8 could have done the job without all the added weight of the cooler, Twin Turbo's, etc. 

Cadillac is being led by a Lemming who wants to follow the Germans rather than lead with Proven US Tech. 

One Does not Need a TT V8 when they could have gone NA V8 with 750 HP.

On 3/21/2018 at 10:58 AM, dfelt said:

Cadillac is being led by a Lemming who wants to follow the Germans rather than lead with Proven US Tech. 

One Does not Need a TT V8 when they could have gone NA V8 with 750 HP.

Read the comments  below of that link provided by the OP

http://autoweek.com/article/technology/northstar-20-cadillac-has-new-v8#ixzz5AOSSLk2i

Then multiply the amount of those people commenting on this engine  by a couple of million plus  lemmings (because THAT is what the buying public is really thinking out in the real world) and then you have an idea about potential future  buyers and then compare that to CTS-V sales of all generations of all time and then you have yourself an answer as to why Cadillac chose this decision...wise decision in my book.

This comment is SPOT On from the Lemmings at Autoweek.
"...because its cars are not the best at anything." Not sure who made this up because GM should be getting huge compliments for the continual development they make way beyond and faster than any other engine manufacturer.

:roflmao:

It was amazing how many on that Autoweek thread are talking about having this engine go into the ATS and really spank the Germans. LOL