William Maley

New York 2018: 2019 Cadillac XT4 Kicks Off A Product Renaissance: Comments

3 hours ago, frogger said:

I know GM photography can be crap, but are they blacking out the floor in that picture to hide something, does this 2019 FWD based luxury CUV have a driveshaft hump?? I don't understand why so many still have a prominent one.

Here is an RDX, it has a tiny one.

i love me a good conspiracy theory but come to think  of it, it sounds like something GM would do..... LOL

15 hours ago, dfelt said:

Yet that same clean and simple look for a Cadillac or pretty much any other brand besides Mercedes-benz causes a blaster of negative comments. 

Clean and Simple to a point of being excessive BLAH, PASS. That look is on the same equal footing as the BLAH Camry of the 90's and early 2000's.

I've never negatively commented on Caddy's design, At least not in the way you're talking about it. I like their A&S styling, for the most part.

14 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I've never negatively commented on Caddy's design, At least not in the way you're talking about it. I like their A&S styling, for the most part.

Yes, that is true, I am talking in the larger general sense to others that have bashed Cadillac about their style.

I understand where you are coming from and appreciate that you like various styles from various vendors. :metal: 

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

If they put a 3.0tt (total guess on my part), they would need a more robust drive shaft.

That's a pretty good guess IMO.  I noticed the XT5 doesn't have a hump and has no performance version.

1 minute ago, frogger said:

That's a pretty good guess IMO.  I noticed the XT5 doesn't have a hump and has no performance version.

It's only a guess because the point that "the Epsilon platform can take a V6 but the Delta platform can't, that's why we didn't use Equinox" was driven home. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 66 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      Cadillac will be unveiling the CT5 sedan at the New York International Auto Show next month. 
      The CT5 is build on the next generation of GM's Alpha platform and will come in rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive configurations.  Power will be provided by either a 2.0T 4-cylinder or 3.0 Twin-Turbo V6.  Both engines will send power to the wheels via a 10-speed automatic transmission.  The CT5  will offer Luxury and Sport trims.
      In a video series called "Sensory Symphony", Cadillac slowly peels back the specially design camouflage film to trigger an ASMR response in the viewer while slowly revealing the car. This is to bring awareness to the CT5's auditory experience with active noise cancellation and other sound optimizations. 
      The Cadillac CT5 will be built at GM's Lansing Grand River plant. 

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Cadillac will be unveiling the CT5 sedan at the New York International Auto Show next month. 
      The CT5 is build on the next generation of GM's Alpha platform and will come in rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive configurations.  Power will be provided by either a 2.0T 4-cylinder or 3.0 Twin-Turbo V6.  Both engines will send power to the wheels via a 10-speed automatic transmission.  The CT5  will offer Luxury and Sport trims.
      In a video series called "Sensory Symphony", Cadillac slowly peels back the specially design camouflage film to trigger an ASMR response in the viewer while slowly revealing the car. This is to bring awareness to the CT5's auditory experience with active noise cancellation and other sound optimizations. 
      The Cadillac CT5 will be built at GM's Lansing Grand River plant. 
    • By Drew Dowdell
      The saying goes there is no replacement for displacement, but at Cadillac that is no longer the case when it comes to the trunk badges.  Starting in 2020 on the XT6, Cadillac will drop the engine displacement badge from their vehicles. Instead, they will use a number that represents torque in newton-meters and rounded up to the next number that ends in 00 or 50.  Turbo models will get a T, while V-series models will retain their V in place of the number.
      For the XT6, that means its 271 lb-ft of torque converts to 373 newton-meters and then gets rounded up to 400. 
      Once the scheme rolls out to other models it could look like this:
      XT4 2.0T - 350T
      XT5/XT6 3.6 - 400
      Escalade 6.2 - 600  (current model, future model could be different)
      ATS/CTS/CT6 2.0T - 400T (current model, future CT4 and CT5 could be different)
      ATS/CTS/CT6 3.6 - 400
      CTS 3.6TT - 600T
      CT6 3.0T - 550T
      If the V-series cars used the numbers, it would look like this:
      ATS 3.6 TT - 600T
      CTS-V 6.2 - 900(S?)
      CT6-V 4.2T - 850T
      Cadillac President Steve Carlisle said "We're not talking about displacements anymore. [The new badging's] purpose is to communicate power and performance, not just for internal combustion engines, but also for other propulsion."  This is a nod to Cadillac's first all-electric model coming in 2022. Cadillac has not yet revealed what letter the electric vehicles will use. The CT6 PHEV still sold in China could potentially wear a 600 badge.
      This move by Cadillac resembles Audi's move to a horsepower based naming scheme used in Europe.
      The 2020 Cadillac XT6 will be built in Spring Hill TN and will go on sale later this year.
      Related:
      Detroit 2019: 2020 Cadillac XT6
      Cadillac XT6 Gets $53,690 Starting Price

View full article
  • My Clubs