Industry News: EPA Announces A Roll-Back On Obama's Fuel Efficiency Regulations

4 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Still think you should pick up a clean Escalade EXT.

See the source image

I would love one. The downside is the gas mileage is sooooo terrible it makes long trips in them prohibitive.  It's not like the Avalanche is great, but 21-22mph highway is easier to stomach than 17-18.  I really wish Cadillac had kept building them with the new 6.2.

5 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I would love one. The downside is the gas mileage is sooooo terrible it makes long trips in them prohibitive.  It's not like the Avalanche is great, but 21-22mph highway is easier to stomach than 17-18.  I really wish Cadillac had kept building them with the new 6.2.

I totally WISH they were still building them. I would have one now then.

I just finished a 7 day trip up to Banff Canada and soaking in the Hot springs and covered 1570 miles round trip spending 5 days of relaxation at the Fairmont Hot Springs Resort. Averaged 18.2 mpg on the trip in the Escalade. Talk about a comfy road trip auto that just eats up the miles and I was doing around 80 mph the whole time.

Yes, I know it cost money in gas, but it really is worth it when talking about a total comfy road trip.

Gas cost for 1570 miles = 86.26 gallons at an average $2.95 per gallon = $254.48 cost.

Way cheaper than flying, rental, etc.

26 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

That can be the other car.  I'm not riding the motorcycle from Pittsburgh to Florida. That's why I want the mototote. Take it with me to my parents'.

WEEEEEAAAKKK!!! They're built to ride not trailer! lol 

What kind of bike do you have anyway? 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

WEEEEEAAAKKK!!! They're built to ride not trailer! lol 

What kind of bike do you have anyway? 

Good Question as a crotch rocket would not be fun to drive down to Florida.

Guys, I've split the motorcycle chat into a new dedicated forum.  I've been wanting to have a motorcycle discussion section here for a while, so since we got into it today, I figured now is as good a time as any.

The dedicated motorcycle forum - feel free to start new threads in here that might be more specific than "general discussion".

A general motorcycle discussion thread where the conversation from this thread was moved to. 

• Like 2