Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Cadillac News: What Does Cadillac Have In Mind After Their Product Offensive?

3 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I am not really a fan of any SUV, but the XT5 I believe is the 2nd cheapest mid-size luxury crossover, only behind the MKX, so it isn't really a good volume if you are just a price leader.  It is volume, but the Lexus RX I don't like either, it is a lousy product that sells just because it was one of the first and has repeat buyers.  But it is important to get in to segments early, so they made the right moves 20 years ago.

You're simply a troll.  

Cadillac offering more space for the price is a feature, not a bug. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

You're simply a troll.  

Cadillac offering more space for the price is a feature, not a bug. 

The Infiniti QX60 is the size of an Enclave for XT5 money, since it has more space does that make it good?  Or is it a glorified Pathfinder?

And I compared the XT5 to mid-size SUVs, which include  MDX, MKX, GLE, X5, Q7, Cayenne, Levante, XC90, Range Rover Velar, Discover, the hopelessly dated Lexus GX, Lexus RX, etc.  The MKX is the only one in the group cheaper than XT5.

As I said before I am not opposed to Cadillac having an entry level SUV, gobble up volume, I think it better for Cadillac to get a sale than Buick or GMC, you make more margin on a Cadillac.  My issue is lack of upscale product outside of the Escalade.  Cadillac should be getting CT6 money for a mid-size SUV.