Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Chevrolet News:2019 Chevrolet Cruze, Malibu, and Spark Get New Faces

JEEP CVT suck big time. Alex loved his Patriot and I liked it too, but one reason on trading it in at 81K miles was it needed another CVT. 3 in less than 100K miles. Nope CVT suck big time in traditional auto's, Hybrids seem to be a different egg.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2018 at 9:36 AM, ccap41 said:

Luckily there's an easy fix.. Don't buy a Malibu with the 1.5 next time. Also, make sure you take it for a good test drive because that also would have prevented this. 

Or better yet, buy a sedan from someone who actually cares about their people in these sedans....It's really too bad that the 1.5 is turning into a dud in this car....as the Bu' is a pretty solid car otherwise. I drove a mali with the 1.5 today (shopping around) and was totally surprised by the lack of power it has. Heck, the Fusion is much better than this and is not that much more powerful.....

I've had a few friends, and also a few car buddies who skipped over or dumped this car because of the issues it has.....

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I'm willing to give this new generation of CVT a chance

I would if need be but only on a lease (with full term BTB) or if I am buying, only with lifetime power train ....wait and buy one from one of those dealers that give out the lifetime wty with purchase 'for free'

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I was going to say, Chevrolet is lucky the sedan market is tanking (after ALL THESE TRIES, SMH) but then I remembered, this engine is in their Equinox as well...  :o

Hence one of my big issues with it.....and having a friend who works at a large GM dealership- I'm starting to hear how some of this is going. Last year was a very rough year for both the Mali and Cruze. There's a reason why you can buy a 17 Cruze cheaper than 15-16. Seems the Cruze is doing better-and the Nox seems to be doing ok (for now).

I will say this though- I will NOT buy a GM car right now-only lease-until I can see where things are going....

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, regfootball said:

I would if need be but only on a lease (with full term BTB) or if I am buying, only with lifetime power train ....wait and buy one from one of those dealers that give out the lifetime wty with purchase 'for free'

Oh, not as an acquisition for myself. I already know what is on my radar and none of them are CVTs. The CVT isn't the deciding factor though.