William Maley

2019 Mercedes-Benz A-Class L Sedan Previews the Regular Sedan : Comments

The next model in Mercedes-Benz's compact assault has been revealed. On the eve on Auto China, Mercedes-Benz unveiled the Chinese market A-Class L sedan. L stands for long-wheelbase. Compared to the standard hatchback, the L sedan adds 2.4-inches to the wheelbase - all of it going to rear seat passengers.

There isn't much difference in terms of the design between the A-Class sedan and hatchback. Right up until the rear doors, both models share a large grille, trapezoidal headlights, and bold lines along the side. Around back, the sedan gets a narrow trunk lid and the roofline isn't lowered - that will be saved for the upcoming CLA. The interior is the same as the hatchback with a modern design and Mercedes' new MBUX infotainment system.

Power will come from either a turbocharged 1.33L three-cylinder engine producing either 134 or 161 horsepower, or a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with 188 horsepower. Both engines come paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission. 

Mercedes-Benz is expected to debut the standard A-Class sedan sometime later this year.

Source: Mercedes-Benz

New member of the compact-class family: World premiere of the A-Class L Sedan

Stuttgart/Beijing. Shortly before the first A-Class hatchbacks reach customers in Western Europe in May, a new variant of the compact-class family - in the guise of the A-Class L Sedan - will already be celebrating its premiere at Auto China (25 April to 4 May 2018) in Beijing. The notchback model being presented there features a 6 cm longer wheelbase (2789 instead of 2729 mm) and is a variant developed solely for the Chinese market. This A-Class model is being produced exclusively at Beijing Benz Automotive Co., Ltd (BBAC), a joint venture between Daimler and its Chinese partner BAIC Motor. The market launch in China is scheduled for the second half of 2018. A version of the sedan tailored to the needs of customers outside China will likewise launch in the second half of the year.

With the latest design language characterised by clear structures and sensual surfaces, the high level of safety thanks to the innovative driving assistance systems featuring S‑Class functions and the MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) infotainment system, the Chinese A‑Class L Sedan boasts all of the virtues of the new compact-class family from Mercedes-Benz. One highlight is the intelligent voice control of the MBUX system with natural speech recognition: it is proficient in various Chinese dialects, including Sichuanese and Cantonese.

“With our Chinese customers’ wishes and needs in mind, we developed the A‑Class L Sedan for the local market, which is the first and only long wheelbase model in the premium compact car segment,” said Hubertus Troska, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG, responsible for Greater China. “This long wheelbase version offers added space, with a rear compartment dedicated to meeting local preferences. And given our customers in China are young and connected, our new, intuitive MBUX telematics system gives them a highly individualized digital experience. With these highlight features and more, the A‑Class L Sedan is an excellent choice for our Chinese customers. We believe it will promote our further growth as our fifth model produced locally at BBAC, and we will build it in China, for China together with our partner BAIC.”

In 2017 China was once again the largest sales market for Mercedes-Benz and smart. Customers in Mainland China took delivery over 610,000 vehicles last year, more than ever in a single year (+25.9%). In total, around 430,000 units were produced locally in 2017, which corresponds to more than two-thirds of the total sales volume in China.

More than six million compact models have already been delivered to customers in around 170 markets. Following the great success of the last compact-class generation – Mercedes-Benz sold more than 620,000 compact vehicles globally in 2017 alone – currently the company is gradually extending the new compact-car family to eight members. The A‑Class hatchback and the Chinese variant of the A‑Class Saloon are the first two representatives of the new generation.

About the Chinese A-Class L Sedan

The A-Class L Sedan also reflects the purist, surface-accentuating design of the latest Mercedes-Benz design philosophy of Sensual Purity. The compact saloon has very short overhangs at front and rear, which, in combination with the side feature line, reinforces the sporty image. As on the hatchback model, the front end design looks very progressive. Contributing to this impression are the low, drawn-out bonnet, flat headlamps with chrome elements, and torch-like daytime driving lights - plus the diamond radiator grille with single louvre, chrome pins, and central star. There is a choice of Sedan and Sport Sedan versions, with the latter featuring powerdomes on the bonnet.

The greenhouse, which sits far back, and the compact rear end emphasise the sportiness of the vehicle. The wheels (in sizes 16 to 19 inches) fit flush in the wheel arches, which, like the strongly pronounced shoulders in the rear area, gives the vehicle a square stance on the road.

The two-piece tail lights emphasise the width. The reflectors have been repositioned lower down in the bumper to allow the tail lights to benefit from a particularly flat design. Rose gold is an exclusive paint finish planned for the Chinese market.

As in the hatchback model, the interior is a completely new departure, revolutionising the compact class from the inside with a new feeling of spaciousness. The interior architecture along with the displays and controls is an avant-garde USP in this segment. For the first time a cowl above the cockpit has been completely dispensed with. As a result, the wing-shaped main body of the dashboard with its trim level extends from one front door to the other with no visual discontinuity.

Below this main body is a low-lying section, the so-called wing. The wing appears to float, as there are no connections or shape transitions to the surrounding area. The ambience lighting with up to 64 colours reinforces this effect and is a new interior experience, also for Chinese customers. The wing also forms the basis for the turbine-look air vents, which are embedded in trim, and the completely free-standing widescreen display.

On board is the MBUX multimedia system - Mercedes-Benz User Experience - with unique learning abilities thanks to artificial intelligence. Of course, the popular WeChatMyCar app is integrated. MBUX makes it possible for the first time for two or more users to connect simultaneously to the system. The intelligent voice control with natural speech recognition is proficient in various Chinese dialects, including Sichuanese and Cantonese. Mercedes-Benz is the world's first automotive manufacturer to provide navigation display featuring augmented reality technology on the Chinese market.

When developing the Chinese A-Class L Sedan (length/width/height: 4609/1796/1460 mm) a focal point was the kneeroom for rear passengers. As a result, at 2789 mm, the wheelbase is 60 mm longer than in the hatchback model (2729 mm). The boot has a capacity of 420 litres.

At the market launch, the A-Class L Sedan will be available in China with the state-of-the-art all-aluminium four-cylinder engine with a displacement of 1.33 litres with power outputs of 100 and 120 kW (with cylinder shut-off); following later will be the 2‑litre four-cylinder engine with CONICSHAPE trumpet honing and CAMTRONIC variable valve timing. In China, the latter engine has an output of 140 kW. The 7G‑DCT dual clutch transmission comes as standard.

Of course on the Chinese market the A‑Class L Sedan also boasts the very latest driving assistance systems with cooperative driver support, giving it the highest level of active safety in this segment with functions adopted from the S‑Class.

View full article

• OK, so this is a China-only model that's the exact same size as the CLA. Did they fix the catastrophically small back seat?

• Any pricing info yet?

• Shame that MB again pasted the S-class nose on another dirt-cheap compact car. Dilution for dollars.

So it's M-Bs answer to the Corolla, Civic, Cruze, Fusion, Jetta, etc. ;)    4cyl FWD appliance.  So will NA get the regular wheelbase or the long wheelbase? 

6 minutes ago, balthazar said:

• OK, so this is a China-only model that's the exact same size as the CLA. Did they fix the catastrophically small back seat?
a

Note the article said this is the long wheelbase 'L' model, so more rear leg room.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

2 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Note the article said this is the long wheelbase 'L' model, so more rear leg room.

Yeah, 7 inches seems like quite a bit as well. Nice. 

8 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Maybe- this 'L' is the same length as the CLA. Maybe the non-'L' A has LESS than the CLA.

Where are you getting that it's the same length as the CLA?  The article says the wheelbase is 2.4 inches longer  than the regular A class (current CLA has the same wheelbase as the A class hatchback).   The new A class hatchback has a wheelbase 1.1 inches longer than the current A class.  No idea how the next CLA will be sized. 

8 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Yeah, 7 inches seems like quite a bit as well. Nice. 

2.4 inches longer wheelbase.

To clarify the realities--the new A-class hatchback and sedan have a 107.4 inch wheelbase, the China-only L has a 109.8 inch wheelbase.  The current gen CLA has a 106.3 inch wheelbase.   Presumably, there will be a 2nd gen CLA coming, and NA will get one of the A-class sedans. 

• Thanks 1

WOW, Talk about a mini S model with a tacky cheap ass Dash. Has that Terrible Floating Screen on the dash that SMK knocks everyone about coping MB on and the air vents look like a sphincter.

This is what 21st century entry level cheap luxury looks like? 😕

PASS :nono:

14 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Maybe- this 'L' is the same length as the CLA. Maybe the non-'L' A has LESS than the CLA.

I converted the length here to what's on MB's US site and our current CLA is an inch longer overall. This thing not in "L" form must be TINY!

Just now, dfelt said:

WOW, Talk about a mini S model with a tacky cheap ass Dash. Has that Terrible Floating Screen on the dash that SMK knocks everyone about coping MB on and the air vents look like a sphincter.

This is what 21st century entry level cheap luxury looks like? 😕

PASS :nono:

Well, it's just a FWD 4cyl compact lease appliance...think Cruze/Jetta/Focus/etc w/ a fancier badge. 

Just now, ccap41 said:

I converted the length here to what's on MB's US site and our current CLA is an inch longer overall. This thing not in "L" form must be TINY!

Yeah, the 'coupe' roofline and decklid of the CLA makes the body longer...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Has that Terrible Floating Screen on the dash

This is floating to you? 

18C0323_131.jpg

3 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Well, it's just a FWD 4cyl compact lease appliance...think Cruze/Jetta/Focus/etc w/ a fancier badge. 

Yeah, the 'coupe' roofline and decklid of the CLA makes the body longer...

So it should be roomier than the CLA while being a tad shorter overall(assuming it is largely in part of longer wheelbase)? 

Not sure if I'd call it floating, but it's not an integrated design, just a flat tablet-like screen stuck against the dash.  Boring  

I'd assume it's roomier w the longer wheelbase, that's the point of a longer wheelbase. China likes bigger rear seat areas  since they often have drivers.  

45 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I wouldn't call anything with a starting price in the US of $32,700 "dirt cheap". 

A bit pricey, but there is nothing 'luxury' about a compact FWD transverse 4cyl econobox w/ 134 or 161 hp--that's low, common, generic and fecal IMO. ;)

25 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Right: 181" vs. 182". And the 181" 'L' is the longer version. Base A must be in the size tier of a Sonic! WTF is MB doing down in these classes?? What is this doing to build / maintain their reputation?

CLA has poor packaging relative to others in it's size class, so the question remains; wonder if they improved the packaging for China, a market which prefers roominess?

- - - - -

$32K is below the average price paid in the USDM for a new vehicle, shouldn't mercedes be above that bar?

Edited by balthazar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Right: 181" vs. 182". And the 181" 'L' is the longer version. Base A must be in the size tier of a Sonic! WTF is MB doing down in these classes?? What is this doing to build / maintain their reputation?

The current A hatchback is like 169 inch length..I assume the new A regular length sedan is 2.4 inches shorter than the L, so 178.6 inches or thereabouts.. 

14 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

A bit pricey, but there is nothing 'luxury' about a compact FWD transverse 4cyl econobox w/ 134 or 161 hp--that's low, common, generic and fecal IMO. ;)

Correct but that's anything but dirt cheap for a car that size. 

That has GOT to be a wildly unprofitable approach- to build 2 cars a mere 2 inches apart, and go thru all that engineering, testing, certification, different parts, etc etc, instead of just building the L. Who considering a car 178" long would just balk and declare 'Oh, if ONLY it was 176" long!'

• Haha 1

Building LWB variants of compact and midsize models for China is pretty common.  

4 minutes ago, balthazar said:

$32K is below the average price paid in the USDM for a new vehicle, shouldn't mercedes be above that bar?

I don't think A-class makes much sense in US, even though I see quite a few of them around, mostly people buying for the badge (like most other similar "luxury" cars from other manufacturers).

But I think these small cars make all the sense in Europe.  I just came back from Italy and even C-class looks huge on the streets there.  Most cars from MB and BMW I saw there were A-class and 1-series

mercedes_a180d_se_1.jpg

0328465194001.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, i definitely understand their place in Europe (and similarly Asia). I drove around southern Italy years ago in the original generation mouse-shaped A-class (which had no pretense of luxury--it was a functional subcompact).    It's hard to wrap my head around fwd 4cyl economy cars being remotely 'luxury', but badge-chasers seem to view them that way.  I'd rather have a Golf if I were going for a FWD 4cyl compact. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

HATCHBACKS FTW! 

At least 80% if not more cars there are small hatchbacks, Fiesta size and no larger than Focus.  Fiestas are quite popular there btw.

5 minutes ago, ykX said:

I don't think A-class makes much sense in US, even though I see quite a few of them around, mostly people buying for the badge (like most other similar "luxury" cars from other manufacturers).

But I think these small cars make all the sense in Europe.  I just came back from Italy and even C-class looks huge on the streets there.  Most cars from MB and BMW I saw there were A-class and 1-series

I remember how huge Grand Cherokees and Tahoes looked in Rome and Milan on my trips to Italy. 

Just now, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I remember how huge Grand Cherokees and Tahoes looked in Rome and Milan on my trips to Italy. 

Yep, I saw few Grand Cherokees in Rome and they look like Escalades there.  Funny but Renegade is very popular there, I guess the right size and it looks different than most other small hatchbacks and small CUVs

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      If you haven't ordered a Mercedes Benz EQC, you might be waiting a few more years. While not even on sale yet, Dieter Zetsche, Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars says that the automaker will have difficulty meeting the demand in 2019 and unlikely even in 2020.  He told Die Welt "But we're doing everything we can to achieve maximum capacity".  Official production estimates for the model have not yet been released.
      The Mercedes Benz EQC will debut in the US in 2020.  Its two electric motors are rated for 402 horsepower and 564 lb-ft of torque.  The 80kWh battery pack is capable of taking the crossover approximately 228 miles or more.   Official range estimates have not yet been released.
      Production of the EQC will begin in Bremen soon, while China production will start later in 2019.

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      If you haven't ordered a Mercedes Benz EQC, you might be waiting a few more years. While not even on sale yet, Dieter Zetsche, Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars says that the automaker will have difficulty meeting the demand in 2019 and unlikely even in 2020.  He told Die Welt "But we're doing everything we can to achieve maximum capacity".  Official production estimates for the model have not yet been released.
      The Mercedes Benz EQC will debut in the US in 2020.  Its two electric motors are rated for 402 horsepower and 564 lb-ft of torque.  The 80kWh battery pack is capable of taking the crossover approximately 228 miles or more.   Official range estimates have not yet been released.
      Production of the EQC will begin in Bremen soon, while China production will start later in 2019.
    • By William Maley
      30 years ago at the Chicago Auto Show, Mazda pulled the sheet off a small roadster called the MX-5 Miata. Little did anyone know how much of an impact this little car would make in the world. Today, Mazda honored this anniversary by introducing the 2019 MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary Edition.
      Available both as the soft-top and RF hard-top, it comes in a new Racing Orange paint color that Mazda says evokes "the breaking dawn of an exciting new day." A set of 17-inch Rays ZE40 forged aluminum wheels are based on the wheels used on the MX-5 Cup race car.
      All versions of the 30th Anniversary get Recaro seats, Brembo brakes, Bose sound system and compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Opt for the manual and it includes limited-slip differential, Bilstein shocks, and a front shock tower brace.
      Mazda is planning on building 3,000 MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary Editions, with 500 coming to the U.S. Pricing ranges from $34,995 for the manual soft-top to $39,995 for the RF automatic. But you have missed your chance to order one. Car and Driver notes that Mazda has sold out of the allotment for the U.S. within four hours of opening the order books.
      Gallery: 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary
      Source: Mazda

Mazda Announces 2019 MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary
      Celebrating 30 years, MX-5 Miata isn't just a car, it's a cultural movement 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary will be available for pre-order with a starting MSRP* of $34,995 This special edition MX-5 Miata is equipped with a SKYACTIV-G 2.0L engine rated to deliver 181 horsepower Exclusive features include Racing Orange exterior paint and interior accents, special serial number badging, RAYS 17-inch forged alloy wheels and RECARO sports seats with Alcantara seating surface CHICAGO, Feb. 7, 2019 -- In 1989 the Chicago Auto Show played host to one of Mazda's biggest milestones, the debut of the MX-5 Miata. Now, 30 years later, Mazda is proud to share another milestone at the Chicago Auto Show with the world premiere of the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary.
      Continuing to embrace the philosophy of the original 1989 MX-5 Miata, this special edition represents three decades of history. A history that has been filled with so many people, from the passionate Mazda engineers who created the first-generation MX-5 as a homage to early lightweight European sportscars, to the succeeding development engineers who took up the challenge to build on the high ambitions of their predecessors. Collectively, they all helped the MX-5 reach amazing heights, from being the first car to win both World Car of the Year and World Design of the Year in the same year with the current generation MX-5 Miata in 2016, to achieving production of the one millionth unit in April 2016. In total, the MX-5 has won over 280 awards, as of January 2019, with many of those accolades thanks to the unshakable support of Mazda owners and fans all over the world. This special edition is meant to commemorate all these milestones and the important people that have been part of this special journey, especially Mazda's enthusiastic fans.
      The 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary, offered in both soft top and RF models, builds upon the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring, which added many new features including a newly refined powertrain rated to deliver 181 horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque; a 17 percent increase over the previous model year. The first noticeable new feature is the exclusive Racing Orange exterior paint color. This strikingly vivid color pays homage to the yellow MX-5 Miata Club Racer that also debuted at the 1989 Chicago Auto Show. Racing Orange is meant to represent sunrise and anticipation, while staying true to the characteristics of a pure sports car. The roof on RF is painted Racing Orange, while the soft top will feature a black cloth top. The theme continues to the interior with orange interior louvers and orange piping on the heated RECARO sports seats. The seats in this special edition are wrapped in Alcantara, which is also found in the door inserts and lower instrument panel. All of these features help to further enhance the customer's sense of exclusivity and pride of ownership.
      To contrast the brilliant color, the new RAYS ZE40 17-inch Dark Gunmetal forged alloy wheels play up the MX-5's driving legacy. Customers may notice these wheels are based on the Global MX-5 Cup Car, further connecting the iconic roadster's anniversary edition to its racing roots.
      Standard in all 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary models are Apple CarPlayTM and Android AutoTM infotainment technologies. Also standard is SiriusXM with three-month subscription and new SiriusXM three-year Traffic Plus and Travel Link® subscription.
      No special edition would be complete without the appropriate badging. Each 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary model will be affixed with a special "30th Anniversary" serialized badging on the driver's side rear quarter panel to help commemorate 30 years of endless gratitude and unbending determination to keep evolving.
      Production of 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary model will be limited to a total of just 3,000 units worldwide. In the U.S., there will be a total of 500 non-sequentially badged units available through a custom build to order website at www.mazdausa.com/30th-anniversary. Owners can order their 2019 Mazda  MX-5 30th Anniversary model as either a soft top or RF with either a manual or automatic transmission. Orders can be placed starting on 2/7 at 12 p.m. CST.
    • By William Maley
      30 years ago at the Chicago Auto Show, Mazda pulled the sheet off a small roadster called the MX-5 Miata. Little did anyone know how much of an impact this little car would make in the world. Today, Mazda honored this anniversary by introducing the 2019 MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary Edition.
      Available both as the soft-top and RF hard-top, it comes in a new Racing Orange paint color that Mazda says evokes "the breaking dawn of an exciting new day." A set of 17-inch Rays ZE40 forged aluminum wheels are based on the wheels used on the MX-5 Cup race car.
      All versions of the 30th Anniversary get Recaro seats, Brembo brakes, Bose sound system and compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Opt for the manual and it includes limited-slip differential, Bilstein shocks, and a front shock tower brace.
      Mazda is planning on building 3,000 MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary Editions, with 500 coming to the U.S. Pricing ranges from $34,995 for the manual soft-top to $39,995 for the RF automatic. But you have missed your chance to order one. Car and Driver notes that Mazda has sold out of the allotment for the U.S. within four hours of opening the order books.
      Gallery: 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary
      Source: Mazda

Mazda Announces 2019 MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary
      Celebrating 30 years, MX-5 Miata isn't just a car, it's a cultural movement 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary will be available for pre-order with a starting MSRP* of $34,995 This special edition MX-5 Miata is equipped with a SKYACTIV-G 2.0L engine rated to deliver 181 horsepower Exclusive features include Racing Orange exterior paint and interior accents, special serial number badging, RAYS 17-inch forged alloy wheels and RECARO sports seats with Alcantara seating surface CHICAGO, Feb. 7, 2019 -- In 1989 the Chicago Auto Show played host to one of Mazda's biggest milestones, the debut of the MX-5 Miata. Now, 30 years later, Mazda is proud to share another milestone at the Chicago Auto Show with the world premiere of the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary.
      Continuing to embrace the philosophy of the original 1989 MX-5 Miata, this special edition represents three decades of history. A history that has been filled with so many people, from the passionate Mazda engineers who created the first-generation MX-5 as a homage to early lightweight European sportscars, to the succeeding development engineers who took up the challenge to build on the high ambitions of their predecessors. Collectively, they all helped the MX-5 reach amazing heights, from being the first car to win both World Car of the Year and World Design of the Year in the same year with the current generation MX-5 Miata in 2016, to achieving production of the one millionth unit in April 2016. In total, the MX-5 has won over 280 awards, as of January 2019, with many of those accolades thanks to the unshakable support of Mazda owners and fans all over the world. This special edition is meant to commemorate all these milestones and the important people that have been part of this special journey, especially Mazda's enthusiastic fans.
      The 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary, offered in both soft top and RF models, builds upon the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring, which added many new features including a newly refined powertrain rated to deliver 181 horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque; a 17 percent increase over the previous model year. The first noticeable new feature is the exclusive Racing Orange exterior paint color. This strikingly vivid color pays homage to the yellow MX-5 Miata Club Racer that also debuted at the 1989 Chicago Auto Show. Racing Orange is meant to represent sunrise and anticipation, while staying true to the characteristics of a pure sports car. The roof on RF is painted Racing Orange, while the soft top will feature a black cloth top. The theme continues to the interior with orange interior louvers and orange piping on the heated RECARO sports seats. The seats in this special edition are wrapped in Alcantara, which is also found in the door inserts and lower instrument panel. All of these features help to further enhance the customer's sense of exclusivity and pride of ownership.
      To contrast the brilliant color, the new RAYS ZE40 17-inch Dark Gunmetal forged alloy wheels play up the MX-5's driving legacy. Customers may notice these wheels are based on the Global MX-5 Cup Car, further connecting the iconic roadster's anniversary edition to its racing roots.
      Standard in all 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary models are Apple CarPlayTM and Android AutoTM infotainment technologies. Also standard is SiriusXM with three-month subscription and new SiriusXM three-year Traffic Plus and Travel Link® subscription.
      No special edition would be complete without the appropriate badging. Each 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary model will be affixed with a special "30th Anniversary" serialized badging on the driver's side rear quarter panel to help commemorate 30 years of endless gratitude and unbending determination to keep evolving.
      Production of 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary model will be limited to a total of just 3,000 units worldwide. In the U.S., there will be a total of 500 non-sequentially badged units available through a custom build to order website at www.mazdausa.com/30th-anniversary. Owners can order their 2019 Mazda  MX-5 30th Anniversary model as either a soft top or RF with either a manual or automatic transmission. Orders can be placed starting on 2/7 at 12 p.m. CST.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The Ford Ranger is beginning to hit dealers, but it has already been hit with a recall.
      Ford announced today that 3,500 Rangers in North America (3,000 in the U.S. and 500 in Canada) have an issue with the PRNDL bezel wiring, The problem deals with the wiring interfering with the shifter interlock override, preventing the transmission from locking when put into park. This means you can shift it out of park when the vehicle is off and without a foot on the brake.
      Ford says that it is unaware of any accidents or injuries arising from this issue. The trucks involved were built between June 4, 2018 and Jan. 9, 2019.
      Dealers will investigate whether or not the truck does shift out of park when it is turned off, and without a foot on the brake. If it does, then dealers will relocate the harness and perform the test.
      Source: Ford

Ford Motor Company Issues Recall For Select 2019 Ranger Vehicles To Verify Shifter Interlock Functionality
      DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 6, 2019 – Ford is issuing a safety compliance recall on certain 2019 Ford Ranger vehicles to verify shifter interlock functionality. In the affected vehicles, the PRNDL bezel wiring may interfere with the shifter interlock override, preventing the shifter from locking in the park position and allowing the driver to shift the transmission out of park with the vehicle off and without a foot on the brake pedal.
      Ford is not aware of any accidents or injuries resulting from this condition.
      This action affects approximately 3,500 Ranger vehicles in North America, including approximately 3,000 in the United States and 500 in Canada. 
      Affected 2019 Ranger vehicles were built at Michigan Assembly Plant, June 4, 2018 to Jan. 9, 2019.
      Dealers will verify shifter interlock functionality by attempting to move the transmission shifter out of park with the vehicle off and without a foot on the brake pedal. If the shifter moves out of park, dealers will look for wiring interference, relocate the wiring and retest. The Ford reference number for this recall is 19C02.

View full article
  • My Clubs