Sign in to follow this  
Northstar

GTO with M6 wheels

7 posts in this topic

Not much of a photoshop, but I found some 18" M6 wheels for $1k AU (so ~$750 US + shipping) for the set, so I thought I'd see how they looked on the GTO. The result:

Posted Image

I would have done an '05 or '06 but I couldn't find any with a similar angle to the M6 pics.

They'd be perfect if they didn't have the roundel on them. They would look a little weird if the roundel were painted black.

I totally forgot about the roundel, but you could always put a Pontiac wheel cap on them instead. For $1k I seriously might get some of these; they still have the little ///M on them, but hey, I could have an MGTO :D (unless that's part of the wheel cap).

Just be careful...in reality, the size you chopped the whels to on that GTO are about 20" so while they may look good, obviously your rims won't be the same. True M6 wheels are 19", so obviously 18" would be replicas...be careful which replicas you buy, due to different offsets and whatnot they won't look the same as true M6 rims...

So very, very sexy. These rims fit the car great.

On a side note, did you guys know that the GTO and my car have nearly the exact same dimensions (not including track and wheelbase...though I don't think it was too far off)? When I test drove one the car seemed very familiar to me and I was used to it quickly, and suer enough, their exterior dimensions are nearly exactly the same (as well as gearbox if I'm not mistaken)...I confirmed the dimensions when someone tried to tell me the GTO was a small car... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this