Sign in to follow this  
MRDETROITMETAL

Chevelle El Camino

18 posts in this topic

SO, like a dummy I did this for the contest without reading ALL of the fine print, but then WHO reads anymore...lol

Chevy Chevelle El Camino ;

Posted Image

Version 2.0...a fresh take on the "L"...;

Posted Image

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

hmmm... i dunno... it seems to... curvy i guess is the word im looking for... IMO an El Camino should be blocky... like the one i drew

Posted Image

but this one still has potential... show us a front end!!

Mont, I like the front end style yours has, kinda fits with the back of mine ???

Nice drawing you did too BTW.

The wheels on the yellow one are stock Holden rims...i'll do a frontend and pump up the rims on that one too ?? We'll see what it looks like then...I had hinted at a '67 Chevelle front end style but that is not going to work by itself, it needs more updated elements like yours has.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

the bed looks like an upside down sink.

Love the color and concept though.

the bed looks like an upside down sink.

Love the color and concept though.

Sink ?...nah, it's an upside down JETBOAT !!!...LOL. More to follow soon.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

I mean with this Chevelle EL, ... I am NOT trying to duplicate what was already done in the Chevelle project, which IMO was a rock'in design, but...I am attempting to push it and be realistic (by using a actual Holden product as the base car for this) and see what is REALLY possible for GM to do right NOW, as far as an El Camino goes, I mean kick in your pixs or ideas, & we will post em back up too see, just like the Corvette C7 thing..... this is another car that deserves our attention and needs to be brought back NOW !!!

LC's rock !!

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

The rear is nearly shapeless, give it some lines!

That's what I waas trying to say... your skills need

refinement but your heart's in the right place. Keep

posting & keep working on it. :)

I mean with this Chevelle EL, ... I am NOT trying to duplicate what was already done in the  Chevelle project, which IMO was a rock'in design, but...I am attempting to push it and be realistic (by using a actual Holden product as the base car for this) and see what is REALLY possible for GM to do right NOW, as far as an El Camino goes, I mean kick in your pixs or ideas, & we will post em back up too see, just like the Corvette C7 thing..... this is another car that deserves our attention and needs to be brought back NOW !!!

LC's rock !!

Actually, the Camino in my sig(The Chevelle Project) is also based on a Holden Ute. The main guiding principle for any C&G Underground project is that it be plausible. I didn't mean to compare the two (my sig appears in all of my posts), I just wanted to see some more character lines in your design. Oh, and cut lines for the tailgate would be good too. :AH-HA_wink:

Actually, the Camino in my sig(The Chevelle Project) is also based on a Holden Ute. The main guiding principle for any C&G Underground project is that it be plausible. I didn't mean to compare the two (my sig appears in all of my posts), I just wanted to see some more character lines in your design. Oh, and cut lines for the tailgate would be good too. :AH-HA_wink:

I hear what your saying and I agree too, as I said MORE com'in, way more ! lol.

....that was just a start, and it kinda bathtub looking at that !!!

Wow, Fijian has captured my thoughts on this "El Camino" perfectly!

ah... a common mistake when designing the El Camino... basing it on a pickup is bad... try basing it on a car... its the best way to go... think along the lines of an ssr in terms to relative proportions etc... and always start with a car...

on another note... as with most pickup based Elkys... this would make a great S10

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this