Sign in to follow this  
-Camaro-

G5 Hatchback *update*

14 posts in this topic

Ok, this is probably a love or hate design, but since the competition was over, when I discovered it, I'll post it here. Even if you hate it, atleast it doesn't look like a cobalt. :thumbsup:

Updated Version:

Posted Image

First Version

Posted Image

Edited by -Camaro-

theres definitely some stuff i love about this... especially the big, muscular lines... i dont like... the headlights that are way too big... and the absence of a decklid... if you intended for there to be a decklid... please make it more noticeable... lack of decklids scare me... hatchbacks are evil...

just make the headlights smaller and add a decklid and itll be perfect

also... why is there no difference between the 2 versions?

theres definitely some stuff i love about this... especially the big, muscular lines... i dont like... the headlights that are way too big... and the absence of a decklid... if you intended for there to be a decklid... please make it more noticeable... lack of decklids scare me... hatchbacks are evil...

just make the headlights smaller and add a decklid and itll be perfect

also... why is there no difference between the 2 versions?

There was only one difference, the B pillar was more angled, but I didn't like it so I removed it. Call me stupid, but I don't know what you mean by a decklid. You mean like the trunk extending past the rear glass? I didn't intend for that. And the headlights only appear big, but in reality they're smaller than the Cobalts, it's just the different shape that makes them look bigger.

Edited by -Camaro-

Try using an Astra as a base, then "Americanize" it a bit.

And try another grille as well. The pre-refresh Vibe grille doesn't really work here, and BMW seemed to have claimed ownership on that grille.

Something about the rear quarter panel that whispers "Tiburon" to me, and it has a RWD vibe. Ehh.

Cobalt + Vibe + butter = this creation.

Sorry, I'm not feeling it. I like the color and rims, though..

Edited by NOS2006

YES!

The rear quarter says Solstice coupe to me, which is def. a GOOD thing.

Like this type of hatch. Like those headlights, and that type of Pontiac grille (it's distinctive, whereas the new Pontiac grille = BMW ripoff).

The only thing I don't like is the ricey rear view mirrors, and those would never reach production anyways. Build it GM!

YES!

The rear quarter says Solstice coupe to me, which is def. a GOOD thing.

Like this type of hatch. Like those headlights, and that type of Pontiac grille (it's distinctive, whereas the new Pontiac grille = BMW ripoff).

The only thing I don't like is the ricey rear view mirrors, and those would never reach production anyways. Build it GM!

I was going to use Firebird mirrors, but I couldn't get them to work, so I just left those crappy ones in. lol

Okay, so I must admit I saw potential in this one and had to render it myself. I hope ya don't mind (let me know if you do)...

Posted Image

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this