June Car Spotter

20 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Circa '73 Malibu coupe, unusual pale green, 454 / 4-speed.

Picture0625180935_1.jpg

That looks more like a '74 front end.   The '73 had 4 round taillights, the '74 had 2 trapazoidal rounded ones.  Here's a '74 in what appears to be the same green. 

74chev74264-1.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Last generation Plymouth Gran Fury.
Well, it sure looked like a Fifth Avenue up front, but I read the make/model off the decklid as I passed it- perhaps the Fury decklid and the FA one interchanged & it was replaced? Old dude with a wide-brimmed hat & his wife were on I-95, doing 52 MPH in the right lane of  a 65-MPH stretch.

Speaking of those 80s M-bodies, there was a trim level of the Dodge Diplomat that had the topside turn signals like the Filth Ave but with a Dodge gunsight grille.  Don't recall what it was called and haven't seen on in ages. 

Went to a local auto shop that is well known for quality work as my daughters AC system has to be replaced and recharged. They had some beautiful American Iron there being worked on.

Buick Beauty

20180627_155737.jpg

Fords

20180627_155655.jpg

20180627_155702.jpg

20180627_155823.jpg

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 6:14 PM, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Saw a really clean dark red w/ dark red 1/4 vinyl top '81-82ish Monte Carlo this afternoon.   It had these unusual wheels like in this photo, don't think I've seen one w/ these wheels in years, maybe decades.

81-82_Chevrolet_Monte_Carlo.jpg

I see a CMSL in the rear window.  (That could have been added.)  However, I definitely recall these as being '81-'82 wheels.  They were among the best alloy wheel designs of that era.  They hearken to racing flags ... very cool.  I will say that, in '81, the MC moved back into being acceptable, and even attractive, after looking sort of dowdy from 1978 to 1980, with over-the-top fender sculpting, even though 1980 had quad lamps up front that helped a bit.  The weird thing about MCs was that, in their base versions, the bench seats tended not to have an armrest.  That was just plain weird for this genre ... a personal coupe.

11 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

I see a CMSL in the rear window.  (That could have been added.)  However, I definitely recall these as being '81-'82 wheels.  They were among the best alloy wheel designs of that era.  They hearken to racing flags ... very cool.  I will say that, in '81, the MC moved back into being acceptable, and even attractive, after looking sort of dowdy from 1978 to 1980, with over-the-top fender sculpting, even though 1980 had quad lamps up front that helped a bit.  The weird thing about MCs was that, in their base versions, the bench seats tended not to have an armrest.  That was just plain weird for this genre ... a personal coupe.

That was the Grandma and Grandpa Kettle version.  It wasn't about features, it was about cheap transportation.