Drew Dowdell

June Car Spotter

I really like these redline editions that Chevy does. I know there isn't anything groundbreaking here, but the package just pulls everything together and looks great. 

• Upvote 4

White Traverse Redline at local dealer.  Fine looking big CUV for sure.

• Upvote 1

Saw my first Z71 Redline edition Chevy Pickup crew cab today. Even more impressive in the wild than in pictures.

• Upvote 1

The yard service that takes care of the house across the street from me uses a Silverado Redline like the one Drew posted.  My yard service guys have a regular 14-15 Silverado crew cab in bright red w chrome trim. 

Some of the lawn services have older rusty trucks also.  I've seen a couple that have mid-00s Rams and Silverados. 

Not sure what the official definition of 'mid' would be, perhaps '04-06, but that still puts me on the low side at 2004.

Posted (edited)

Not sure.  Hard to tell the years on those, but they are ones with the squinty headlights--the MCE of the 99-07(?) generation. Edit--looks like 03 is when they changed the front end of the Silverado in that generation. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Posted (edited)

Sunday night - I was in a shopping center and had just gone to Trader Joe's for some groceries.  Upon returning, I saw an immaculate mid 2000s Impala with everything on it.  It had out of state plates (from a state in which I had also lived) and the driver was getting in.  So we started talking.  It was his late mom's and he had it for a year or so.  He liked talking about his car and he was really taken with it.  It was a 2005 in a beautiful copper color, with tan leather buckets, a console, and a sunroof.  He didn't know what engine it had, so he lifted the hood and I informed him he had a 3800 V6 and that he should take car of it because it could run forever.  I didn't comment but it said Series II on the shroud.  Since Series IIIs were in Pontiac Grand Prixs the year before, I was surprised to see this.  I'm hoping they had cured the Series II of its issues with faulty intake manifolds by 2005.

Last night - I was getting a haircut and, as I was seated with my back to the glass, a late 60s/early 70s mid size Buick Skylark convertible went whizzing by.  The guy sitting next to me and also waiting also turned around and looked at it.  I asked him if he knew the year.  He definitely said 1970.  He had a Chevy Silverado as his daily driver, so he knew GM.  And that made sense.  It was the same color as my dad's 1970 LeMans base coupe of the same year, in that metallic aqua called "Bimini Blue."  It had a black top (in the up position) and the typical Buick sport wheels.  Nice! (I wish I could have taken a photo of it.)

Edited by trinacriabob

Saw a very clean 1st gen Olds Aurora in a dark teal at the grocery, and saw a strange '80s BMW 6-series coupe at an intersection..was painted gray and dark blue w/ a variety of racing sponsor stickers and stripes.  The inner headlights were yellow. 

Saw a very clean gold 58 Olds 2dr ht parked in a driveway.   Huge and chromey. 

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Saw a very clean gold 58 Olds 2dr ht parked in a driveway.   Huge and chromey. 

OK, I don't know what you have on your itinerary for tommorow, but returning to the O-58 and getting pics is now your Job 1.

• Upvote 1

It was on a street I go down often, it may have been lurking in the garage and came out for summer. In the year I've been here full time, this was the first time I've seen it. 

Coming home from work today!

Gotta love it when you come across true Muscle car!

Olds 442

20180606_151923.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

It was on a street I go down often, it may have been lurking in the garage and came out for summer. In the year I've been here full time, this was the first time I've seen it. 

Cool story.

Get pics.

I did uncover one piece of trivia--Ransom E. Olds lived in Parma, Ohio (where I saw the '58 Olds) as a child...

• Upvote 1

Within the last hour.  Wasn't prepared for this siting, so I couldn't take a photo.

Coming toward me was a 1977 Olds Cutlass Supreme coupe.  It was light metallic blue with a white landau and a white pinstripe, the color keyed rally wheels, and white vinyl buckets seats.  It was a Supreme and not a Salon because the buckets had the thinner profile.  It sparkled and looked like it was no more than 3 years old.  At the wheel was a septuagenarian or octogenarian.   I'm almost sure he was the first owner.  I would have loved to have asked him some questions about its specs and mileage.

At about the same time, I saw this 20-something girl walking around who looked just like a 20-something version of Caitlyn Jenner.  I'm sure she's heard that and was probably never compared before the transition.

Was driving home after the wife picked me up and was shocked to see a holden. Still had the australian license plate on the front but the wife snapped the side and back of the SS V edition Holden sedan. Looks even better than the Chevy SS.

HoldenSS1.jpg

HoldenSS2.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

One of the guys here that used to be a regular poster here (borger/PCS--Pontiac Custom S) has one like that, same color.  It's easy to buy the Holden badging off the internet and rebadge a Chevy SS---I saw one in Scottsdale like that a couple years ago. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Was driving home after the wife picked me up and was shocked to see a holden. Still had the australian license plate on the front but the wife snapped the side and back of the SS V edition Holden sedan. Looks even better than the Chevy SS.

HoldenSS1.jpg

It's a beautiful car. The lime is a little weird.  However, it's a timeless shape and I like the rear lights quite a bit.

Is this going north or south on I-5?  I don't think I've ever traveled on the lower deck.

40 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

One of the guys here that used to be a regular poster here (borger/PCS--Pontiac Custom S) has one like that, same color.  It's easy to buy the Holden badging off the internet and rebadge a Chevy SS---I saw one in Scottsdale like that a couple years ago. 

This one is a real Holden, had all the badging as you say that can be bought online, plus the matte center hood decal, but the biggest part was right hand driving in a left hand world.

37 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

It's a beautiful car. The lime is a little weird.  However, it's a timeless shape and I like the rear lights quite a bit.

Is this going north or south on I-5?  I don't think I've ever traveled on the lower deck.

Going Northbound I5

24 minutes ago, dfelt said:

This one is a real Holden, had all the badging as you say that can be bought online, plus the matte center hood decal, but the biggest part was right hand driving in a left hand world.

Going Northbound I5

Wowza.  A right hand drive one.  I wonder how you could legally get one in the US.   I know people have brought in bodies to convert SSes and G8s to Utes and wagons.  Saw a G8 wagon in Arizona a few years ago...

• Like 1

Saw a bunch of CT6s and like man are they so much more viseble at night compared to really any other luxury car.

Cadillac’s vertical fin lighting is a signature that I hope the continue to evolve but keep forever.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

A real interesting character, that one ...  the person, not the car.  And I mean this in a nice way.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook