Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The Ultimate Chick Car

HarleyEarl

Mustang V6 - coupe or convertible New Beetle stock, non-Si Civics The G6 got a bit of a rep as a chick car thanks to the Oprah thing, but I think that's over now.

It got me thinking, do women gravitate towards certain cars because they like them, or is it an affordibility thing, are they more practical?
Like would they care about the chrome on this Buick?.....or whether it has a 6 or an 8?
Posted Image

Edited by HarleyEarl

I have kinda considered a Mustang and a Grand Am a chick car, they always seem to be driving them. The guys that drive around in PU's and Harleys consider anything like a Corvette or European sports car a "bitch car" A guy at work called my 99 Eighty Eight Anniversary a "fag car". Different strokes. I like my cars feminen so I tell the tough guys, "hey, I like driving girls, do you like driving boys ?" "Just what is it your thinking about when you have that big fat shift knob in your hand ?" I just cant understand why I have such a hard time making friends ? =}:-)

I have kinda considered a Mustang and a Grand Am a chick car, they always seem to be driving them.

The guys that drive around in PU's and Harleys consider anything like a Corvette or European sports car a "bitch car" A guy at work called my 99 Eighty Eight Anniversary a "fag car".

Different strokes. I like my cars feminen so I tell the tough guys, "hey, I like driving girls, do you like driving boys ?" "Just what is it your thinking about when you have that big fat shift knob in your hand ?"

I just cant understand why I have such a hard time making friends ?

=}:-)

[post="10513"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LMAO!!!!!!Razor, you are quite witty.

I have kinda considered a Mustang and a Grand Am a chick car, they always seem to be driving them.

The guys that drive around in PU's and Harleys consider anything like a Corvette or European sports car a "bitch car" A guy at work called my 99 Eighty Eight Anniversary a "fag car".

Different strokes. I like my cars feminen so I tell the tough guys, "hey, I like driving girls, do you like driving boys ?" "Just what is it your thinking about when you have that big fat shift knob in your hand ?"

I just cant understand why I have such a hard time making friends ?

=}:-)

[post="10513"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Corvette/European Sports Car--BITCH CAR?? ARE THEY ((MADD!!)) 1999 Olds 88--FAG CAR//---((WHAT!!)) They are just A--HOLES!! :angry: --VW Golf vert! The ULTIMATE CHICH CAR!!---PS a friend of mine just BLEW THE DOORS off a 1970's 911 with his MEAR FWD 1995 Olds 88!!---FAG CAR MY BUT!!

Corvette/European Sports Car--BITCH CAR??  ARE THEY ((MADD!!)) 1999 Olds 88--FAG CAR//---((WHAT!!)) They are just A--HOLES!! :angry: --VW Golf vert! The ULTIMATE CHICH CAR!!---PS a friend of mine just BLEW THE DOORS off a 1970's 911 with his MEAR FWD 1995 Olds 88!!---FAG CAR MY BUT!!

[post="10517"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Now carguy - that was a 3800, you do realize B)

He was smiling when he said that but I knew he would never drive a car like that. I could just imagine the reaction you'd get in that kind of scene in a 8th gen Riviera :P

I love those Riviera but they really are kind of a womans car just because they are so feminine and pretty looking. Id have to get the windows tinted so the boys wouldnt know its me.

I agree on the VW cabriolet. Actually isnt the Bug, especially the new one kinda of a girl car. I think the old one was too, mixed like most but still girls gravitated toward it.

I think they like a car thats got some sex appeal, maybe a little different but still sporty. Those old Fox Mustangs were real popular around this tri city area and so were the Grand Ams no kiddin, my daughter loves both. She was pretty hot on the 96 Regal GS we checked out a few years back too, so I figure there is some hope for her.

BTW Harley - she loves the 86 2dr. LeSabre, she should, she grew up in it but she still thinks its sexy.

Corolla... nuf said and I'm sticking to it :P Practially every single girl I had graduated got one of those.. where in contrast a lot of the guys got a Cavalier, or a brand new Maxima (Damn rich kids with their parents buying them new cars)

I hate to admit it, but Sunfires and Grand Am SEs are complete and total chick cars. I don't think I've ever seen guys driving them. That's sad considering that I like 03+ Sunfires and early Sunfire GTs. GA SEs never looked right compared to GTs, though. However, GA GTs are not chick cars. If you think so, you are a douche. Sorry. :D

Toyota RAV4
Honda CRV
Toyota Paseo
Pontiac Sunfire
Pontiac Grand Am
Geo/Chevy Tracker ragtop
Saturn SC
Honda Civic Del Sol
Mercury Cougar hatch
Kia Spectra5
Kia Rio
VW Jetta
VW Passat
VW Beetle/ragtop

And the mother of all chick cars:
Posted Image
If you're a guy driving one of those, it'd better be your wife's.

I can't believe no one named off Camcord...those things are so aimed at women, Barbie should have one. Chicks were also big on Tercels at one point. And back off the Spectra 5, Brian...I'd consider one, and it's got enough power to do something with. Besides, I've only ever seen one on the street (don't know who was behind the wheel though).

V6 Mustang convertibles

[post="10735"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You know whats really strange about this is that you're right about the Mustang, chicks dig the V6 models. But the only Camaro I can call a chick car (from what I see regularly) is any purple Z28, all other Camaros are driven by guys. That really doesn't make sense to me, but there are like 4 purple Z28s around town, all driven by women of varying degrees of attractiveness.

Around everywhere I've driven... The J-body coupe Cavalier and, most especially, the Sunfire take top honors. The Civic of various years. I only know of one Grand Am that's driven by a male (and it sounds like it's missing mufflers, but it turns out that's how he likes it :rolleyes: ) otherwise, females drive them here, in every model; however mostly GTs. The building manager, business owner/friend, hairdresser at the salon, wife of a friend...all GTs. Virtually every damned SUV I ever see is driving by a woman, especially Hondas and GMs. For certain the ol' Explorer. Edited by ShadowDog

The Ford Probe was actually and very intentionally designed for women. It had been tested to provide easier reaching for the controls on the console, a slight dip in the floor so it didn't wreck the backs of heels, and bigger controls on the steering column so that females wouldn't break a nail. I read the article on its design years ago, and now everytime I see one, the "chick car" image comes to mind.