William Maley

Porsche News: Porsche Cayenne Coupe Is Go, Expected To Arrive Next Year

There have been rumors for the past few years of Porsche building a coupe-like version of the Cayenne. Those rumors are coming to fruition as Autocar reports that the Cayenne Coupe has been given the green light.

Porsche CEO Oliver Blume has given the go-ahead on the project which is expected to launch in the fourth quarter of next year. Like key competitors such as the BMW X6 and Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe, the Cayenne Coupe will adopt of a liftback tailgate. Other design changes include a taillight shape and rear side windows. The model will be positioned as a performance model, which likely means no 3.0L turbocharged V6 from the base Cayenne. Instead, expect to find the twin-turbo 2.9L V6 and twin-turbo 4.0L V8.

Source: Autocar

View full article

Interesting, the autocar link is no good and searching their site seems to have pulled their own story, but here are a few more links covering this too.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/the-porsche-cayenne-coup-has-finally-been-confirmed-ar181451.html

http://www.thedrive.com/news/21409/porsche-cayenne-coupe-reportedly-confirmed-for-2019

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/porsche/2019-porsche-cayenne-coupe-ar163949.html

Weird in rereading all the links above, I see they all quote the same Autocar report that is now pulled from the web site. Wonder what is going on with the story? 🤔

Just not sure why this market suddenly got so big....still not seeing the point of them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

Just not sure why this market suddenly got so big....still not seeing the point of them!

Totally agree as the Coupe thing is so over now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Totally agree as the Coupe thing is so over now.

Maybe good for image and trips to the mall I guess.....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Maybe good for image and trips to the mall I guess.....

Sounds like the 80's all over again. :P 

• Haha 1

Cadillac needs join the bandwagon and do a pointy Escalade coupe...picture a lower roofline, sloped back window and rear end of the late CTS coupe adapted to the larger form.. 

32 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Cadillac needs join the bandwagon and do a pointy Escalade coupe...picture a lower roofline, sloped back window and rear end of the late CTS coupe adapted to the larger form.. 

How about a 2 door Escalade. I like this.
See the source image

34 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Guess others were thinking along the same line according to New Auto Car Preview.

2018-cadillac-escalade-concept.jpg

I like those... I miss big 2dr SUVs, always liked the 90s big Blazer 2dr and Bronco.    Big luxury 2dr 'personal luxury coupe SUVs' would be great to see...low volume, but something other than the same ol', same ol'..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I like those... I miss big 2dr SUVs, always liked the 90s big Blazer 2dr and Bronco.    Big luxury 2dr 'personal luxury coupe SUVs' would be great to see...low volume, but something other than the same ol', same ol'..

One Auto I always wanted to own and thought looked great was the 2 door Yukon GT.

See the source image

I think GM needs to bring it back.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, dfelt said:

One Auto I always wanted to own and thought looked great was the 2 door Yukon GT.

I think GM needs to bring it back.

Those were nice...haven't seen one in forever....

11 hours ago, daves87rs said:

I cannot stand these! The're ugly AND not very useful. 

• Upvote 1

Good news, we need more crossover coupes.  Where is The Cayenne convertible?  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Good news, we need more crossover coupes.  Where is The Cayenne convertible?  

Or a targa...a 2dr targa Cayenne would be cool...

Probably they should make a 911 Cross Country with lifted suspension and some plastic body cladding like the Regal Tour X.  I think a 2-seater Cayenne roadster would be a good idea, really put the SPORT in sport utility, remove all the utility.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      General Motors will be bringing back the Hummer name to sell a new electric truck as part of the GMC lineup.
      The Wall Street Journal first broke the news yesterday with GM moving forward on plans to bring Hummer back that was first reported back in June. The report also said that the company would tout the return with a Super Bowl ad featuring NBA star LeBron James. GM declined to comment.
      The decision is likely due to the planned $3 billion investment for the Detroit-Hamtramck plant that we reported back in October. The investment is to gear up the plant to build an electric pickup for GMC and an electric Cadillac SUV by 2023. But in 2021, the plant will produce a "low volume BT1 pickup" under a different brand. At the time we speculated that it may be Hummer. This seems to lineup with the reporting done by the Wall Street Journal which says the truck will be similar in design to the Jeep Renegade.
      Bloomberg adds that there are plans for a large SUV for Hummer if the truck proves successful according to sources. The sources also say that the company is considering selling the new Hummer truck in existing dealers under the name of “Hummer by GMC.”
      Source: Wall Street Journal (Subscription Required), Automotive News (Subscription Required)
      H/T to @balthazar for alerting us to this story

View full article
    • By William Maley
      General Motors will be bringing back the Hummer name to sell a new electric truck as part of the GMC lineup.
      The Wall Street Journal first broke the news yesterday with GM moving forward on plans to bring Hummer back that was first reported back in June. The report also said that the company would tout the return with a Super Bowl ad featuring NBA star LeBron James. GM declined to comment.
      The decision is likely due to the planned $3 billion investment for the Detroit-Hamtramck plant that we reported back in October. The investment is to gear up the plant to build an electric pickup for GMC and an electric Cadillac SUV by 2023. But in 2021, the plant will produce a "low volume BT1 pickup" under a different brand. At the time we speculated that it may be Hummer. This seems to lineup with the reporting done by the Wall Street Journal which says the truck will be similar in design to the Jeep Renegade.
      Bloomberg adds that there are plans for a large SUV for Hummer if the truck proves successful according to sources. The sources also say that the company is considering selling the new Hummer truck in existing dealers under the name of “Hummer by GMC.”
      Source: Wall Street Journal (Subscription Required), Automotive News (Subscription Required)
      H/T to @balthazar for alerting us to this story
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Model December Sales Year-to-Date 2019 2018 2019 2018 ALL 911 663 789 9,265 9,647 ALL 718 191 237 3,880 5,276 ALL TAYCAN 130 0 130 0 ALL PANAMERA 592 332 6,625 8,042 ALL CAYENNE 1,482 1,383 19,001 10,733 ALL MACAN 1,675 1,345 22,667 23,504 GRAND TOTALS 4,733 4,086 61,568 57,202
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Model November Sales Year-to-Date 2019 2018 2019 2018 ALL 911 979 1,056 8,602 8,858 ALL 718 247 422 3,689 5,039 ALL PANAMERA 657 800 6,033 7,710 ALL CAYENNE 1,972 1,294 17,519 9,350 ALL MACAN 2,471 2,101 20,992 22,159 GRAND TOTALS 6,326 5,673 56,835 53,116
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Infiniti is planning on launching five new models over the next 3 years. The first will be the QX55 that we reported on the other day.  It is a crossover coupe version of their QX50 crossover and is expected to be powered by the same 2.0-liter variable compression engine.
      Next up is the redesigned QX60. Expect it to look much more SUV like than that of a crossover. Infiniti says the styling will be dramatically different than the QX60 on the lots today. They mention that the gas powered model will have a large grille, which implies there will be an electrified model coming as well.  They are also planning on offering two 12.3-inch touch screens and a two-tone roof.  The QX60 is Infiniti's best selling vehicle.
      After that, Infiniti will be launching three electrified vehicles, a crossover and two sedans.  The vehicle will be offered as fully electric or with serial hybrid technology which is similar to that in the Chevy Volt where a gasoline engine recharges the batteries which power the car. Styling is expected to take after the Q-Inspiration concept shown at the 2019 Detroit Auto Show.  The three vehicles are following a "three vehicles, one platform" concept and will all be related. 

View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

• Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook