Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Revealed: 2007 Land Rover Freelander II

14 posts in this topic

Revealed: 2007 Land Rover Freelander II

Posted Image

It's the Freelander take two. The first was a...disaster, really. Wholly unreliable by most accounts, never (as far as I know) advertised for...it just didn't help Land Rover's image. This new Freelander promises to be much more competitive with the likes of the X3 and upcoming RDX. The Range Rover Sport inspired looks is a step in the right direction styling-wise.

Read "2007 Land Rover Freelander II" @ CarScoop

The 3-door shall be interesting. From the look of things, however, I think I'd be happier in an X3.

well I suppose if you want everyone thinking you're a poseur......the x3 is a sad cartoon.

this freelander is a nice evolution. hope this time its reliable.

When I look at it, I think "Escape".

Sorry Empowah but the 2007 Freelander will not be avaliable in a 3dr version. Land Rover decided to take it up market and a 3dr would not suit that type of market. It also allows them to fit the rumoured smaller Land Rover below the Freelander. Allegedly called Landie and based on the 2008 Fiesta platform.

looks great!

I agree. It's looks very impressive. I think this will do very well in the market. Ford had done a great job of sharing platforms. This bears no resemblence to the Escape. Similarly, the LR3 bears no resemblence to the Explorer, yet both share their respecitve platforms.

I agree.  It's looks very impressive.  I think this will do very well in the market. Ford had done a great job of sharing platforms. This bears no resemblence to the Escape.

It wouldn't. It's not based on the Escape's platform. It based off of a modified version of the platform that the Mazda3 and Volvo S40/V50 are built on.

It wouldn't. It's not based on the Escape's platform. It based off of a modified version of the platform that the Mazda3 and Volvo S40/V50 are built on.

That's right... I stand corrected. However, the point is that it shares it platform with "common" brethern. People will never link the this new LR to the Mazda 3; bravo Ford.

I see a little bit of Escape and VUE in it, too, but the new Freelander looks pretty good, overall. The interior looks amazing, I hope the materials are there.

When I look at it, I think "Escape".

Yes... Ford infused it with a little too much, well Ford. <_<

Not to mention the name just makes me think of Bronco II.

Nice try... maybe third thime's the charm, wouldn't hold my

breath though. Land Rover is lame.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this