William Maley

October 2018: Porsche Cars North America, Inc.

Porsche Reports October 2018 U.S. Sales

• Another record month puts Porsche ahead 3.2 percent for first 10 months of the year

ATLANTA, Nov. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), importer and distributor of the Porsche 911, 718 Boxster and Cayman, Panamera, Cayenne, and Macan model lines, today announced October retail sales of 4,817 vehicles. This was 2.2 percent higher year-over-year and an all-time October record. For the first 10 months of 2018, U.S. retail sales were up 3.2 percent compared to the same period last year, totaling 47,443.

October sales were driven principally by three model lines. Deliveries of the iconic Porsche 911 increased 14.2 percent year-over-year. The Macan was up 9.9 percent and the Cayenne, with the new generation now in showrooms, rose 1.1 percent.

"Porsche is having an exciting year as we find new ways to connect with customers," said Klaus Zellmer, President and CEO of PCNA. "Whether it is the powerful new Cayenne or the expanded selection of enthusiast-focused 911 variants, we are thrilled that more drivers and their families want to add a Porsche crest to their lives."

Model

October Sales

Year-to-Date

ALL 911

ALL 718

ALL PANAMERA

ALL CAYENNE

ALL MACAN

GRAND TOTALS

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      Model October Sales Year-to-Date 2019 2018 2019 2018 ALL 911 1,302 789 7,623 7,802 ALL 718 239 317 3,442 4,617 ALL PANAMERA 360 541 5,376 6,910 ALL CAYENNE 1,216 1,215 15,547 8,056 ALL MACAN 2,330 1,955 18,521 20,058 GRAND TOTALS 5,447 4,817 50,509 47,443

• By Drew Dowdell
      Last month, Porsche unveiled the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S, the two top trims of the Taycan, priced starting around $155,000.  Now, Porsche is debuting the Taycan 4S, a new lower price model. 
      The Taycan 4S comes with a single-layer performance battery with 79.2 kWh as standard, the two-layer performance battery plus from the Taycan Turbo is available as an option.  Regardless of which battery is chosen, the Taycan can accelerate to 60 in as little as 3.8 seconds.  As of yet, range estimates for the U.S. have not been published, but assume somewhere north of 250 miles on the performance plus battery.
      All-wheel drive is standard on the 4S, with a dual motor setup and a 2-speed transmission on the rear motor, the overall motor package is smaller and lighter than in the Turbo and Turbo S.
      The Taycan can charge at up to 800 volts at a high-speed DC charging station. That can bring the charge from 5% to 80% in as little as 22.5 minutes. Porsche has partnered with Amazon to have 240 volt home chargers installed at customer's homes for an additional charge. 
      The Taycan 4S will start at $103,800 for the base model and $110,380 for the model with the performance plus battery.
      Ordering of the Taycan 4S is available immediately.

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Last month, Porsche unveiled the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S, the two top trims of the Taycan, priced starting around $155,000.  Now, Porsche is debuting the Taycan 4S, a new lower price model. 
      The Taycan 4S comes with a single-layer performance battery with 79.2 kWh as standard, the two-layer performance battery plus from the Taycan Turbo is available as an option.  Regardless of which battery is chosen, the Taycan can accelerate to 60 in as little as 3.8 seconds.  As of yet, range estimates for the U.S. have not been published, but assume somewhere north of 250 miles on the performance plus battery.
      All-wheel drive is standard on the 4S, with a dual motor setup and a 2-speed transmission on the rear motor, the overall motor package is smaller and lighter than in the Turbo and Turbo S.
      The Taycan can charge at up to 800 volts at a high-speed DC charging station. That can bring the charge from 5% to 80% in as little as 22.5 minutes. Porsche has partnered with Amazon to have 240 volt home chargers installed at customer's homes for an additional charge. 
      The Taycan 4S will start at $103,800 for the base model and $110,380 for the model with the performance plus battery.
      Ordering of the Taycan 4S is available immediately.
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Model
      September Sales
      Year-to-Date

ALL 911
      ALL 718
      ALL PANAMERA
      ALL CAYENNE
      ALL MACAN
      GRAND TOTALS
    • By Anthony Fongaro
      EV-curious. That’s what I would call myself. Someone that is interested in EVs but just hasn’t found the right one. There are many aspects of an EV that is appealing to me. Instant torque, quick acceleration, the ability to charge at your house or apartment, and the continuation of creating semi-autonomous driving. It’s all so exciting! I’m ready to go out and trade in my 2016 Volkswagen GTI for one now! Or am I? Let’s take a quick look at a small field of electric vehicles, starting with the brand new 2020 Porsche Taycan.
      The release of the 2020 Porsche Taycan is a feat in and of itself. The car itself is downright sexy, is has a handsome interior, and performance that is pure Porsche. Over 700 HP for the Turbo S model is impressive. It also costs what you would expect an electric super-Porsche would be since the range topping Taycans are coming out first. These are the Turbo and Turbo S which cost over $150,000. After these come onto the market, less expensive and less powerful versions will come. Would this be the car that I will buy? Sure, once I get that CMO position at a major company. This is a dream electric car, but not one that I would consider just yet. 
      What about an attainable electric car? There are a few on the market that cover the bases. Vehicles like the Hyundai Kona Electric, Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, and others have good to respectable range, decent features, and are not the most expensive vehicles. Average prices of $40,000-$45,000 is a bit steep, but electric cars usually command a premium over gasoline vehicles. They also have good driving aids such as blind spot monitoring and adaptive cruise control, something that my current car has and is top priority for me. They’re all very good cars but with flaws such as build quality and designs that keep me from considering one. My problem is simple: performance. Electric cars have instant torque at 0 RPM and can be extremely fast. These EVs just don’t cut the mustard for me since they are more about range than blistering speed. For around $45,000, I can get a gas-powered car such as a Genesis G70 3.3T that is faster, has better range, and the safety features I want. Let’s continue from good electric vehicles to “the best”.
      Right now, you are probably thinking: “Anthony, you are forgetting the king of electric vehicles. They are synonymous with electric cars and have a huge cult following.” Guess who that is? Yes, that is of course Tesla. You can’t write about electric cars without talking about Tesla. They are a very S 3 X Y R brand indeed. The Model S introduced expensive but seriously quick electric vehicles. The X brought us an odd but much-needed crossover. The 3 is the bread-and-butter maker with a starting price around $40,000, and acceleration that beats almost all vehicles in its class. The Y hasn’t come out yet but is a crossover version of the 3, and the Roadster is a $250,000 supercar. Even though there are three models currently available, I will focus on the Model 3 Performance since that is the one I am most interested in.
      There is a lot to like about the Model 3 Performance. It has “performance” in its name and with 450 HP, it is one of the quickest sedans I’ve ever driven. The instant torque from the motors is intoxicating and it handles well for a heavy vehicle. Does it tick all the boxes to convert to a Tesla-fanatic? No. Why? The interior. I am not a fan of controlling absolutely everything with a touchscreen and not having my speedometer in front of me.
      The Model 3 Performance can have semi-autonomous driving, but it is a $7,000 option. Tesla’s Autopilot driver-assist system is standard and is regarded to be one of the best, if not the best driver-assist system. Tesla has sold over 250,000 Model 3 vehicles and it is a genuinely amazing feat for a young company. The range is good at over 310 miles. Pricing starts at $55,000 and is fully-loaded around $64,000. If you are okay with the minimal interior and styling, get yourself a Model 3. I personally am not a fan of either of those, so onward we go.
      This brings me to a car I am waiting for: The Polestar 2 fastback. Polestar used to be a sub-division of Volvo, like AMG is to Mercedes-Benz. You can still get Polestar-tune Volvos, but Polestar has branched out into their own brand. The Polestar 2 is their first all-electric car. It has over 250 miles of range, 400 HP, and most import to me, gauges that are straight in front of the driver. The design is bold yet looks like an even more modern version of a Volvo. Since Polestar is a sporty company, the performance upgrades include upgraded shocks, brakes, and bigger wheels with Swedish gold seat belts. You get this package mainly for the gold seat belts. Is it pricey at over $60,000? Yes, but it feels justified for the 408 hp and range of 275 miles. 0-60 is said to be around 4.7 seconds but I suspect it will be lower. Will they sell Tesla Model 3 numbers of them? I highly doubt it since they area new brand, but it should be a great competitor to the Tesla Model 3.
      I like the concept of electric vehicles. I know that one day, there will be one charging at my house. Am I ready for an electric car? Yes. Is there any on the market that jumps out at me and gives me the satisfaction I have for my current car at a reasonable price of around $40,000 new? No.
      Do not get me wrong; there are electric cars that make sense for a multitude of situations. Range and charging are getting better, more features are getting added, and manufacturers are creating electric-only ranges of vehicles that will bring down the costs of more performance-oriented vehicles. I can go in-depth about certain electric cars in a future article. For now, I think I will keep my car and wait until something really catches my eye. That, or wait a few years and hope the Porsche Taycan depreciates enough that I can buy one.

View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

• Drew Dowdell

The @Hyundai party with Brett Michael's.
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

And here its is, the most controversial car in the #laautoshow, the #Mustang #MachE. I think they did a good job with it, and if they're going to make a whole family of Mustangs, this is a very good start.
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

The second most controversial car at the #LAAutoShow. #corvette #c8
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

@United is flying Star Wars themed 737s. This was my flight to Denver.
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

Well, after over 13 years with Direct Energy and surviving multiple rounds of layoffs, my 9 lives with the company appear to be up, the latest round of layoffs got me. I will be finishing out the year and then be on the hunt for a new position in January. If anyone knows of project manager positions that are open in the Pittsburgh area, please let me know.
      · 0 replies
  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook