Howdy all, took my Escalade in for routine service, got an XT5 as a loaner for the day and stopped to check out the two XT4's they had sitting by the service center.

First impression, WOW, this is actually nicer looking than the 2018 XT5 I have as a loaner. XT5 needs the interior of the XT4 as it shows it is dated. Sorry for the fuzzy pictures, my screen is cracked and I did not realize how fuzzy some of the pics are.

First sat in the front passenger side, have about 3 inches above my 6'6" 300lb body, plenty of leg room, very comfy.

20181106_083902[1].jpg

Next I did the David test, jumped out and got in the back seat to see how I fit. Very hard doing a selfie, legs have to straddle the seat, no knee room, but then I expected that. Head room was about an inch or so, tight but doable for short trips. Have to bend forward to watch the head, otherwise people over 6' will smack their head getting in and out. Will say that I really like the Kona interior with Black and wood accents. Very nice.

20181106_084122[1].jpg

20181106_084036[1].jpg

I have to say that I liked the rear heated seats and USB port.

20181106_084109[1].jpg

From the back seat, pretty easy to see the front dash. Love the buttons plus the touch screen in this CUV.

20181106_083948[1].jpg

Went around to the drivers side, have to say very comfy. Probably one of the best seat setups yet for Cadillac.

20181106_084329[1].jpg

This XT4 is the Sport addition, had the white tail lights that I really like. But found one other thing and I have to say, I did not think it would be any big deal till I tried it and OMG, I want it on my next auto.

20181106_084322[1].jpg

As you can see here in the seat adjustments, the massage seat. WOW, talk about awesome along with a very adjustable lumbar support and the multi-positional seat adjustments. Massage is worth it.

So then I took a look under the Hood, Turbo is the engine as we all knew, tight package, but clean in the layout for AWD / FWD bias.

20181106_084358[1].jpg

I will say this auto is sharp looking and way better in person than in pictures.

20181106_084421[1].jpg

Was walking around it and decided to pop open the gas cap, discovered a surprise that I think Cadillac is hiding.

What do you see here?

20181106_084148[1].jpg

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

Give up? Well, around the gas filler is a rubber boot. Most people would not think anything about it, but the engineer in me wondered why the weird C to the left. Pressing in revealed to the feel a rectangle top to bottom plastic outline. Pulling the boot up a little to look under that rubber is what appears to be I think a socket to hold a Plugin port for a Hybrid. Think about this, that opening is much wider than it needs to be just for Gas fueling only and why would you want a port up on the drivers side front fender. It just makes sense to have both the charging port and gas port under one lid.

I realize I could be totally wrong on this, but it does have me thinking about why a tall Rectangular plastic houseing on the left side of the gas filler hole and the width of this panel. Plugin Hybrid, EV, I do wonder! 🤔

There was a White Premium Luxury with the Sky roof and it was nice, but I do not like the red tail lights after seeing the white ones. Rims on the Premium I do not like as much as the Sport rims too.

20181106_084443[1].jpg

20181106_084515[1].jpg

This Metallic Black XT4 Sport edition is really nice.

20181106_084244[1].jpg

Seeing it next to my 2018 XT5 Loaner, Cadillac has a home run on their hands and it should sell very well. I cannot see how they will get the XT4 lights onto the XT5 without some body metal changes, but then they might just consider a more radical update to get it inline as if the XT6 comes with them, then the XT5 will be the odd duck out. Yet I know some say that difference might not be a bad thing.

One thing I do know is that Cadillac has delivered a luxury compact CUV to the market and I am excited to see how it sells.

I will also state this here, @balthazar is right on about Cadillac DOES NOT need an XT3 below this for the market. Leave that to Chevrolet and Buick. Cadillac should focus on their CT4 and XT4 Auto's and above in standard, V-Sport, V editions and have the Halo auto and coupes. That is perfect for them. Plus, lets take the Escalade to the V-Sport and V edition level. They really need to do this pronto.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 126 Guests (See full list)

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      The Cadillac CT6 has been in the news a lot lately.  First it was potentially canceled as its home factory in the U.S. is slated for closure. Then there was the Cadillac Blackwing V8.  Most recently it has dropped both the base 2.0T 4-cylinder and the mid-range (now that there is a V8) 3.0 twin-turbo V6. 
      With all of those changes, there is bound to be some price changes to accompany them.
      For 2020, the CT6 will see a base price rise of $8,500 over the 2019 model to $59,900. With that rise, the base engine becomes the 3.6 liter V6 and AWD standard. It is also adding about $3,500 worth of active safety equipment as standard. 
      Moving up to the Premium Luxury model will add $12,000 to the price tag but comes with Cadillac's famous Super Cruise automated driving system, the rear seat package, the Comfort and Technology package, and the 34-speaker Panaray sound system. At $75,490, that's actually a $2,500 discount on those packages over the 2019 model. 
      The top model, the CT6 Platinum will come standard with the Blackwing V8, replacing the 3.0 twin-turbo on the spec sheet. It also gains 20-inch wheels that were optional last year. 
      While the future of the CT6 is murky, the fact that GM continues to make improvements to the model gives us hope that it will live on. 

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      The Cadillac CT6 has been in the news a lot lately.  First it was potentially canceled as its home factory in the U.S. is slated for closure. Then there was the Cadillac Blackwing V8.  Most recently it has dropped both the base 2.0T 4-cylinder and the mid-range (now that there is a V8) 3.0 twin-turbo V6. 
      With all of those changes, there is bound to be some price changes to accompany them.
      For 2020, the CT6 will see a base price rise of $8,500 over the 2019 model to $59,900. With that rise, the base engine becomes the 3.6 liter V6 and AWD standard. It is also adding about $3,500 worth of active safety equipment as standard. 
      Moving up to the Premium Luxury model will add $12,000 to the price tag but comes with Cadillac's famous Super Cruise automated driving system, the rear seat package, the Comfort and Technology package, and the 34-speaker Panaray sound system. At $75,490, that's actually a $2,500 discount on those packages over the 2019 model. 
      The top model, the CT6 Platinum will come standard with the Blackwing V8, replacing the 3.0 twin-turbo on the spec sheet. It also gains 20-inch wheels that were optional last year. 
      While the future of the CT6 is murky, the fact that GM continues to make improvements to the model gives us hope that it will live on. 
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Cadillac SuperCruise will be available on over 200,000 miles of North American roadways later this year.  Cadillac is adding an additional 70,000 miles to the existing 130,000 miles already in the system by the 4th quarter 2019.  Cadillac owners will receive an over-the-air update once the system upgrade is completed. 
      On top of the increase in SuperCruise map availability, Cadillac will also make system adjustments to improve performance and enhancements to the Driver Attention system.   Last year Cadillac updated the system so that the car would automatically adjust lane centering if a large vehicle was passing close by and also added additional messages in the driver cluster to give more detail as to why SuperCruise may not be available at the moment. 
      Cadillac says that CT6 owners have driven more than 2.5 million miles with SuperCruise active since it was introduced on 2018 model year vehicles. 

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Cadillac SuperCruise will be available on over 200,000 miles of North American roadways later this year.  Cadillac is adding an additional 70,000 miles to the existing 130,000 miles already in the system by the 4th quarter 2019.  Cadillac owners will receive an over-the-air update once the system upgrade is completed. 
      On top of the increase in SuperCruise map availability, Cadillac will also make system adjustments to improve performance and enhancements to the Driver Attention system.   Last year Cadillac updated the system so that the car would automatically adjust lane centering if a large vehicle was passing close by and also added additional messages in the driver cluster to give more detail as to why SuperCruise may not be available at the moment. 
      Cadillac says that CT6 owners have driven more than 2.5 million miles with SuperCruise active since it was introduced on 2018 model year vehicles. 

• By Drew Dowdell
      After disappointing fans with a less than awe-inspiring release of the CT4-V and CT5-V on Thursday, Cadillac took the cars to Belle Isle, in Detroit, Michigan on Saturday.  General Motors President Mark Reuss and GM Vice President Global Product Ken Morris drove prototypes of the next step up in V-Series Performance at the Detroit Grand Prix. The two sedans appear to be uprated, higher performance versions of the cars shown on Thursday, more in line to be direct replacements for the ATS-V and CTS-V they succeed. 
      Much of the disappointment surrounding the two cars comes from the relatively tepid power outputs. The CT4-V comes with a 320 horsepower turbo-charged 4-cylinder and the CT5-V comes with a 355 horsepower twin-turbo V6, a mere 20 horsepower increase over the non-V CT5 V6 and less than the 400 horsepower available in the 2019 Cadillac CT6 Platinum, and a far cry from the 460 horsepower ATS-V and 620 horsepower CTS-V.  Cadillac is aiming to make the V-series more accessible to customers, however, we feel that they could have achieved this same goal by calling the revealed cars V-Sport instead of V-series.
      As of yet, we can only speculate what Cadillac is planning for the upgraded V-series cars, but hopefully, the twin-turbo V8 Blackwing will make it into at least one of them.  

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook