Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2020 Jeep Gladiator Leaks Out (We Think): Comments

What you see before you is the 2020 Jeep Gladiator pickup - at least we think it is. According to the Jeep Gladiator forum, a poster managed to grab these pictures and text from Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' media site before being taken down. A lot of the information seems to fit in line with various rumors we have been reporting over the past year or two.

• Come standard with the 3.6L Pentastar V6 paired with either six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic
  • 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 will be available as an option
  • Max payload comes in at 1,600 pounds, while max towing is rated at 7,650 pounds
  • Two four-wheel drive systems (Command and Rock-Trac) will be available
  • Beefy Dana 44 axles joined with electronic lockers front and rear should make for a very capable off-road machine
  • Bed length comes in at five feet and will feature an external power source and integrated tie-downs
  • Being a Wrangler, it will have the option of soft or hard top, and the ability to fold the windshield down.

We'll find out if any this information is the real deal or not when the Jeep Gladiator debuts on November 28th.

View full article

Very cool, I like the Rubicon in both hard top and convertible edition.

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-3_zpsgezcs

[​IMG]

Excited that the wheels are 33 inch off road. Tru-Lock electric front and rear axle lockers, trac-lok limited-slip diff and it seems it has the Power Wagon electronic sway-bat disconnect! :metal:

Shipping with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Rubicon edition has optional Forward facing off-road camera system for ease of obstruction detection when on trail. Pictures look like they have a rear camera too under the Jeep Logo.

Interesting notice, the 3.0 liter V6 EcoDiesel with ESS and 8sp auto trans will be available in 2020, guess as a 2021 model. Cool to see ESS on a Diesel.

So you only get the 3.6 V6 Pentastar at launch on the 2020 models

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, dfelt said:

Pictures look like they have a rear camera too under the Jeep Logo.

I'm sure it does. I believe it is a federal mandate thing. All new vehicles sold after a certain time must have a back up camera. With that said, I would not be surprised to see other options for trailering borrowed from the Ram. 

• Agree 1

I think it looks just a tiny bit ungainly. From the side. Now RAM has no need to provide a midsize competitor. 

And the Ranger Raptor would get buried halfway back to Australia by this Gladiator. Good on Ford for eating this humble pie.

Every off-road trim of the competition has been put on notice, this thing will bury ALL of them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Giant cab, tiny bed.  Backwards priorities, imo.  Need to see if there is a shorter cab/longer bed version before I love it.  We still need a midsize Ram though.  Different customers.

I doubt if they will do a regular cab, would sell maybe 5% of what a 4dr will....they have their priorities right..they know what will sell to Jeep customers.    This is more of a novelty pickup--think of it as a Wrangler Unlimited with more cargo space.   For a general purpose mid size pickup, that would be from Ram. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Giant cab, tiny bed.  Backwards priorities, imo.  Need to see if there is a shorter cab/longer bed version before I love it.  We still need a midsize Ram though.  Different customers.

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

I doubt if they will do a regular cab, would sell maybe 5% of what a 4dr will....they have their priorities right..they know what will sell to Jeep customers.    This is more of a novelty pickup--think of it as a Wrangler Unlimited with more cargo space.   For a general purpose mid size pickup, that would be from Ram. 

Totally agree with Robert, standard or king cab with big bed is not what the majority want or need. Jeep has this one right, bulk will be fully loaded 4 door trucks for families that want off road capabilities but needs more room to haul stuff. I can so see water tight canopy on the back on the rubicon trail enjoying time away from the cities.

33 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Cab and a half is what I'm calling for with 6.5 foot bed, and it has been strongly rumored.

Well, that was what the prototype was a few years ago...that would make sense also..depends on how much they want to invest.  It could probably be on the same wheelbase as the 4dr.   Something like this but with the new generation interior and front..

jeep-wrangler-pickup-production-Miami-lakes-jeep.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Cab and a half is what I'm calling for with 6.5 foot bed, and it has been strongly rumored.

That and a diesel would be killer

45 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

New Wranglers in general are hella expensive.  I'd rather have a Ram, I think, than this, for less money.  Although if an extended cab with stick were to crawl in my bed I wouldn't kick it out.

I like them though. 

• Agree 1

This is one of the greatest examples where GM misses opportunities to in killing off niche products. The Avalanche.. the CT6-PHEV.. the a convertible that is not a Vette or Camaro.. Hummer.., but especially the Hummer H3T.  This Jeep and the aforementioned H3T look almost identical.. furthermore the H3T and H3 was regarded, when it was out, as one of the best off-road vehicles ever. WTF... GM just doesn't fit GMC with a few Hummer H3/H4 models is beyond me.. and in truth.. they wouldn't even have to do anything different in styling from those vehicles despite a decade being gone.. and people would buy them.

1205020007.jpg2020-Jeep-Gladiator-JT-Pickup-3_zpsgezcs

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

@Cmicasa the Great Totally agree, why GM has not realized that Hummer should be a package for GMC is beyond me. 

I loved the H3T Alpha and was planning to get one but by the time I was ready, the product was dead and no new ones available. The few that were on dealer lots were used hard.

Those that do have them and there are plenty around here on the road love their Alpha H3T's.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

@Cmicasa the Great Totally agree, why GM has not realized that Hummer should be a package for GMC is beyond me. 

I loved the H3T Alpha and was planning to get one but by the time I was ready, the product was dead and no new ones available. The few that were on dealer lots were used hard.

Those that do have them and there are plenty around here on the road love their Alpha H3T's.

Much Luv bro... The minute that I sought out that pic of the H3T.. I started to wonder where and when I should pick up a used one.. thing is the closest H3T in my area selling used is almost 300 miles away.. and still sitting at around $30K .. the regular H3 might be a closer option as I am seeing them for about $12-19K based on miles. For me.. it would be a fun run around off-road vehicle. The only thing I would consider changing is seeing if a V8 could go in one cheaply.. if an Alpha could not be found

Edited by Cmicasa the Great
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Much Luv bro... The minute that I sought out that pic of the H3T.. I started to wonder where and when I should pick up a used one.. thing is the closest H3T in my area selling used is almost 300 miles away.. and still sitting at around $30K .. the regular H3 might be a closer option as I am seeing them for about $12-19K based on miles. For me.. it would be a fun run around off-road vehicle. The only thing I would consider changing is seeing if a V8 could go in one cheaply.. if an Alpha could not be found

18 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Reading up on them because they would be badass to own.. I think they did offer a 5.3 in the latter year(s). 

Correct in the last 2yrs they had the Alpha which had the 5.3 L V8

Sad part is that even the non-V8 models with over 100,000 miles are still fetching high prices due to the ability these trucks can handle but is stupid pricing.

Right now the closest Alpha to me is 700 miles away, Has 122,000 miles and they are asking $22K

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=497135025&zip=98043&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D98043%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Don%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DH3T%26makeCodeList%3DAMGEN%26searchRadius%3D0&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=H3T&makeCodeList=AMGEN&searchRadius=0&clickType=spotlight

Crazy 🤷‍♂️

Total Search does show some very low mileage H3T Alpha's but like Cmicassa has stated, your looking at mid $40K for one.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/HUMMER/H3T/Mountlake+Terrace+WA-98043?zip=98043&marketExtension=on&startYear=1981&endYear=2019&makeCodeList=AMGEN&searchRadius=0&modelCodeList=H3T&trimCodeList=H3T|Alpha&sortBy=mileageASC&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0 

OK, looked at a few more of the H3T Alphas listed on the East Coast, High $20K to Low $30K gets you one in the 50-70K miles range. Not too bad. Nice White one in NC.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

MID 40k FOR ONE OF THEM?!?! 

There are some higher mileage ones "near" me for around 20-25k. They are all the I5 though. I can't imagine how slow that vehicle is. But it looks awesome and I would absolutely drive one. 

Once you drive an Alpha, you can never drive the I5 version again. Night and Day different.

• Agree 1

As stated the Alpha was a 5.3L V8.. same as the one that was in my previous Tahoe.. and yes.. I would love one just like the one pictured above in gray.. except I'd probably want Black or dark blue. I drove a few H3s, never an H3T, but I can tell U.. no matter where I went.. I never feared being stuck LOL. one time purposely going into a muddy mess of a field on the Easter Shore of MD, finger hovering next to the roadside/onstar  button, only to come out f it as if I were on flat dry pavement. GM was a FOOL to kill that brand and not simply realign its products and future products with GMC or Chevy. 

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

As stated the Alpha was a 5.3L V8.. same as the one that was in my previous Tahoe.. and yes.. I would love one just like the one pictured above in gray.. except I'd probably want Black or dark blue. I drove a few H3s, never an H3T, but I can tell U.. no matter where I went.. I never feared being stuck LOL. one time purposely going into a muddy mess of a field on the Easter Shore of MD, finger hovering next to the roadside/onstar  button, only to come out f it as if I were on flat dry pavement. GM was a FOOL to kill that brand and not simply realign its products and future products with GMC or Chevy. 

Used 2010 HUMMER H3T in Fort Lauderdale, FL - 486957501 - 1

Sharp looking that is for sure. Not sure what the mileage is as they state zero on the Autotrader web site. 

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=486957501&zip=98043&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D98043%26startYear%3D1981%26sortBy%3DmileageASC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Don%26endYear%3D2019%26modelCodeList%3DH3T%26makeCodeList%3DAMGEN%26searchRadius%3D0%26trimCodeList%3DH3T%7CAlpha&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=H3T&makeCodeList=AMGEN&searchRadius=0&clickType=spotlight

• Agree 2