Cmicasa the Great

A 2018 Cadillac CT6 Premium Luxury w/Super Cruise Review

I have to say while I am not into large cars but CT6 looks awesome.  It is a real shame GM is killing it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ykX said:

I have to say while I am not into large cars but CT6 looks awesome.  It is a real shame GM is killing it.

Obviously I feel the same. Thing is that despite its death, the car is slated to have enuff inventory to go into 2020. I would propose that Cadillac kill all the lower models and only have the mid to platinum models. And for all Cadillacs.. Be done with that rubberized steering wheel cover. Go with the one I have in my V, covered in leather. 

• Upvote 2

I really hope the CT6 hangs around as the V edition is just drop dead sexy!

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

The interior is just awesome!

See the source image

Love me this Brown interior! :metal:

See the source image

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree, Cadillacs should all be forced induction.

Love the pics and the review and the review video!

Cadillac is so foolish if they kill this car.  And i don't think they will.  I think they will bring it from China.  They've done enough fixes that the car deserves to live.  They need to price and package it for more sales volume.

Your comments about the 3.6 are interesting.  I tested a Regal GS this weekend and didn't like the 3.6, didn't like it in the LaCrosse either.  Most GM's with the 3.6 I can't like much.  But I am intrigued by how you say this CT6 performs.

Edited by regfootball
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, regfootball said:

I agree, Cadillacs should all be forced induction.

Love the pics and the review and the review video!

Cadillac is so foolish if they kill this car.  And i don't think they will.  I think they will bring it from China.  They've done enough fixes that the car deserves to live.  They need to price and package it for more sales volume.

Your comments about the 3.6 are interesting.  I tested a Regal GS this weekend and didn't like the 3.6, didn't like it in the LaCrosse either.  Most GM's with the 3.6 I can't like much.  But I am intrigued by how you say this CT6 performs.

Thanks. I have driven other brand luxury cars with their comparable V6s, and have long come to the conclusion that Forced induction was a smoother delivery system for those vehicles vs the 3.6L being avail in any of the Cadillacs. Point of fact.. I enjoyed the 2.0L Turbo in the ATS more than I enjoyed the 3.6L. The 3.0L TT, 3.6L TT in both LF3 and LF4 configs is sublime, and it always baffled me why GM/Cadillac didn't utilize all of those choices more and keep the 3.6L NA in the other brands.

The 2.0L @ 300HP.. the 3.0L @ 350- 400HP.. the 3.6LTT @ 420- 465HP .. 6.2L S/C @ 650HP. That's all they needed and it would have covered every base with available engine choice.

That being said.. the CT6 with the engine was fine in terms of performance, but it felt no more special in engine delivery than my Impala. This is the issue that GM needs to work out. Ironically it has engines in service to do this.. and has had them for several years

• Upvote 1

Cadillac should be ALL IN on the 3.0tt .  I did drive a CTS recently with the 3.6 that actually surprised me, smooth and quiet.  So i can't figure out why so many of the other GM's I have tested recently with the 3.6 weren't as smooth and quiet as the CTS.

7 minutes ago, regfootball said:

Cadillac should be ALL IN on the 3.0tt .  I did drive a CTS recently with the 3.6 that actually surprised me, smooth and quiet.  So i can't figure out why so many of the other GM's I have tested recently with the 3.6 weren't as smooth and quiet as the CTS.

This is actually pretty easy, they do use various quality of parts on the power train that make a major difference on how an auto drives and handles. Perfect example is my Escalade glides compared to the Chevrolet Suburban.

According to GM, they use a higher quality bearing packs that allow a smooth glide when not under acceleration so the auto goes farther.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, regfootball said:

FWD. Seriously.. The only difference in my Impala 3.6L is that I have changed the exhaust.. and it feels as smooth and powerful. It feels right for a Chevy or Buick. The 3.6L in the Camaro is a nice and powerful tool.. but in the Cadillacs I've driven that also have a forced induction option.. going to them with a 3.6L just didn't feel as special.. and by special I mean luxo. Put it to U like this. I've driven the XT5 with the 3.6L and it was very nice.. Nicer IMO than the 3.5L in the RX, MDX, and almost as nice as the 3.0L in the X5, but the 3.0L TT in the BMW felt smoother. Probably the torque. I'm sure it was the torque. BUT ALAS.. that's the thing. Cadillac has a 3.0L TT too.. and its more powerful and more torquey. They could detune for competitive variations. 350HP to 404HP

• Like 1

This was my point in terms of engine choices. Using the 7Series and starting with the 740i

3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder 320 hp @ 5500 rpm. Torque: 332 ft-lbs

what GM did was (and I'm skipping the non-existent 2.0L Turbo that I have found to be a White Wolf on dealer lots in the area) They gave us the 3.6L 335 HP. @ 6800 RPM. Torque: 284 ft lb.

^^^ @ 4100lbs C&D got 0-60 in 5.9secs 

The 740i @ 4650lbs does it in 5.4secs.. WHY? Cause of all that torque

What should Caddy have done? Instead of the 3.6L.. send it over to Chevy and Buick and be done.. installed a 3.0L TT with say 350HP and a most probable 355 ft-lbs of.. VIOLA!!! The CT6 would have destroyed the BMW in that acceleration contest

Vs the 750i? Back then I would have easily said go with the 3.6L TT V6 LF4 @ 464HP vs the BMW 750 with its 4.4-liter BMW TT V-8, @ 443-hp engine.. Yes the BMW would still have more  torque, but the Caddy being lighter and having a 20 HP advantage would at least hold its own. As it stands the BMW 750 0-60 is 4.6 secs, the Cadillac CT6 3.0L TT is 5.0 Secs. Ya think 60 more HP would have helped it clobber that BMW? I do.

Now of course Cadillac has a 4.2L TT V8 ready with 500 hp and 553 lb-ft. THAT!!! is the 750i competitor imo. 

The 760i (and Alpina B7) would be the CT6-V's boy.. boasting less HP by 50, but besting in torque by almost 40 ft-lbs. NOTE: Why is BMW continuing to use the V12 when I've heard from a few colleagues who have driven(or owned) both the 760i and B7, reporting back that the V8 in the B7 is ever bit as smooth and more efficient?

Anyway.. all that being said, I expect that the tests of the CT6-V bring more questions than answers. As in "WHY THE f@#k.. is Cadillac killing this perfection?"

One more thing... INTERIORS:

I have said it on more than one occasion.. all of the complaints some people have with interiors and refinement in Cadillacs always.. and I mean always (with exception to the instrument cluster in the ATS-V) seems to die when U experience it in a V. Even the Platinum. The walk from even an XT5 to an XT5 Platinum makes one say.. why is Cadillac not using this platinum interior (or V) in all their cars/suvs above a Luxury model. In fact, kill the Standard and luxury models and start with Premium Lux, Platinum, and V

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook