Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Chevrolet News:Mid-Engine Corvette Reportedly Not Appearing In Detroit

If you were hoping that Chevrolet would bring the house down next month with the debut of the mid-engine Corvette at the Detroit Auto Show, we have some bad news for you.

GM Authority has learned from GM that Chevrolet isn't planning to show anything car or crossover related at the show. Motor Authority was able to confirm this report by speaking to sources who know GM's plans for future vehicles. It is expected that the Cadillac XT6 crossover will debut at the show.

Rumor has it that GM could debut the mid-engine Corvette at the New York Auto Show - the original 1953 Corvette debuted at the Motorama event that year in New York - or hold its own event to have the media focus on the new model and nothing else. The latter option seems the most likely to us.

We'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Source: GM Authority, Motor Authority

View full article

11 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Instead of a low volume niche mid engined model, they probably should have done a high performance crossover.  Something to compete w/ the Cayenne.  

It cannot be named Corvette.  Now a Cadillac that competes with the Cayenne is a great idea.

8 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

It cannot be named Corvette.  Now a Cadillac that competes with the Cayenne is a great idea.

No reason it couldn't be named Corvette.  Porsche has sports cars and SUVs.  i like the idea of a family of Corvette models--front engine sports car like the C7,   mid engine sports car like the C8, a performance SUV, maybe a EV sports car, maybe a hypercar.   And within VWAG, Porsche coexists w/ Audi and higher brands.    Corvette could be relative to Cadillac how Porsche is to Audi.

The idea of a multi-model Corvette line is an old one, I remember seeing the idea proposed in Car & Driver maybe 20 years ago. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

No reason it couldn't be named Corvette.  Porsche has sports cars and SUVs.  i like the idea of a family of Corvette models--front engine sports car like the C7,   mid engine sports car like the C8, a performance SUV, maybe a EV sports car, maybe a hypercar.   And within VWAG, Porsche coexists w/ Audi and higher brands.    Corvette could be relative to Cadillac how Porsche is to Audi.

The idea of a multi-model Corvette line is an old one, I remember seeing the idea proposed in Car & Driver maybe 20 years ago. 

Multiple lines of Corvette was there as a concept from the beginning. It was nearly its own brand of cars inside the Chevy brand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Chevy dealers would never allow a Corvette brand to happen, because it would mean they lose the Corvette and that "Corvette" brand would then get pushed to the Cadillac dealer channel.  I can't see them doing stand alone Corvette dealers.

The Detroit auto show has also lost a lot of luster, so I think they'll put this car out at another time.

30 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Corvette can be a sub-brand inside Chevy.

Because Chevy dealers are equipped to provide a sales and service experience similar to Porsche dealers?

Although you could argue that all 4 GM brands should offer a dealership experience to rival Porsche, customer service doesn't really need to be reserved for just a luxury brand. 

10 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Because Chevy dealers are equipped to provide a sales and service experience similar to Porsche dealers?

Although you could argue that all 4 GM brands should offer a dealership experience to rival Porsche, customer service doesn't really need to be reserved for just a luxury brand. 

There are Chevy dealers that get special treatment based on the number of Corvettes they sell... or the number of Silverados they sell.  A Corvette sub-brand "boutique"* inside of certain dealers would work. That's how Genesis launched.

*I hate that word in regards to buying cars. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

The Genesis launch has also been a total botch job by Hyundai.   

I don’t see the crowd that is considering a Porsche, AMG or Alfa Romeo/Maserati walking into a Chevy dealer to check out a Corvette sedan or Corvette SUV.  

If the product is good enough, they will come.  But it isn't happening anyway. 

Said it before and I'll say it again.. having both of these brands.. er.. all three.. U see the differences. Cadillac dealer is all accommodating.. Chevy dealer is not. Only when I go in with a $60-$100K Corvette do they roll out Orange carpet. That is inconsistent with the fact that one can now purchase $80K Camaros and Tahoe/Suburbans/Silverados from the place.. but hey.. Chevy is the Every man brand at GM the same as Ford, Toyota, Honda are.

Again.. the Corvette should be a separate brand in a partitioned off dealership spot at Chevy or CADILLAC if enthusiasts aren't allowed to make the decision. If Enthusiasts have to have Corvette at Chevy.. then partition it off..  and treat them with the same love one gets at Cadillac. Corvettes are not cheap. They are a vehicle selling for $60K to a soon to be $150K. This is about $5-7K less than your Porsche line-up unless U get into the E-Hybrid models.. Which GM should be gearing up to do. People want to say that "No one will spend $150K on a Vette..." FUUCK outta here. They can and THEY WILL.

I have to constantly remind people.. some of my colleagues have Porsches. Its THEIR ONLY car, even the 911 and the Cayman/Boxster owners. Some might have a beater that is 10 years old.

Vette owners very seldom have just a Vette as their DD. Most that I know also own a Silverado/Sierra, Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade or something else as a daily. Normally they are no more than 5 years old if that. I don't even drive my Vette or V in the rain or when it looks like its gonna rain cause I don't want to get it dirty. Many who own a Vette as a toy have the same mind set. Meaning.. THEY HAVE MONEY. They needed to be catered to just like the cats at Caddy.. which ironically sells at the same price point as CORVETTE. My Z06 retailed for the exact same as my CTS-V. Bet good money that the CT6-V comes in priced like a ZR1, which will still be less expensive than a B7 Alpina by about $17K

• Agree 1

Corvette is not a brand though it is a model.  I don’t see any calls for an Escalde brand with sports coupes and sedans.  Porsche was always a brand with multiple models.  

I question why Cadillac isn’t getting this mid engine super car, or performance SUVs or the stuff you need to challenge Porsche, Aston Martin, Maserati, Ferrari or whoever you want to throw in there.  Cadillac is GM’s top brand (or at least it is supposed to be).  Cadillac should have the super cars, hyper cars, Tesla Model S fighter, Bentley Bentayga or Aston Martin SUV fighter etc.  

25 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Corvette is not a brand though it is a model.  I don’t see any calls for an Escalde brand with sports coupes and sedans.  Porsche was always a brand with multiple models.  

I question why Cadillac isn’t getting this mid engine super car, or performance SUVs or the stuff you need to challenge Porsche, Aston Martin, Maserati, Ferrari or whoever you want to throw in there.  Cadillac is GM’s top brand (or at least it is supposed to be).  Cadillac should have the super cars, hyper cars, Tesla Model S fighter, Bentley Bentayga or Aston Martin SUV fighter etc.  

Corvette, over the last 10 years, has had as many models as Porsche ever did in the pre-Cayenne days. REGARDLESS... we have a Stingray, GS, Z06, and ZR1 currently.. this MID-Engine will essentially give us 4 different body styles.. as the only two body styles currently identical are the GS and Z06. So why not make it a Sub-Brand somewhat autonomous? 

2 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Corvette, over the last 10 years, has had as many models as Porsche ever did in the pre-Cayenne days. REGARDLESS... we have a Stingray, GS, Z06, and ZR1 currently.. this MID-Engine will essentially give us 4 different body styles.. as the only two body styles currently identical are the GS and Z06. So why not make it a Sub-Brand somewhat autonomous? 

Those are all trim levels aside from the mid-engine car that we haven’t seen the final deal yet.  Porsche currently makes 23 models of the 911, I just counted them on their website.  Before the Cayenne Porsche had the 944 the 928, 968, 959, etc, they always had several cars other than maybe in the 60s or 70s. 

For Corvette to be a brand they would need at least 2 SUVs and what platform would those go on?  They would need an entry level sports car, and a sedan or Panamera/AMG GT sedan fighter to go with the current Corvette and the mid-engine car.  All of those would be slotted above Cadillac yet sold at Chevy dealers?   Good luck trying to sell an Equinox sized Corvette SUV at a Chevy dealer for $75,000 which Cadillac dealers are charging $40k for a crossover of that same size.

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

Those are all trim levels aside from the mid-engine car that we haven’t seen the final deal yet.  Porsche currently makes 23 models of the 911, I just counted them on their website.  Before the Cayenne Porsche had the 944 the 928, 968, 959, etc, they always had several cars other than maybe in the 60s or 70s. 

For Corvette to be a brand they would need at least 2 SUVs and what platform would those go on?  They would need an entry level sports car, and a sedan or Panamera/AMG GT sedan fighter to go with the current Corvette and the mid-engine car.  All of those would be slotted above Cadillac yet sold at Chevy dealers?   Good luck trying to sell an Equinox sized Corvette SUV at a Chevy dealer for $75,000 which Cadillac dealers are charging $40k for a crossover of that same size.

So by that U are saying that before the Cayenne.. Porsche was NOT a brand. hmmmm END OF DISCUSSION.. Go back to Germany KrautBoy

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/11/2018 at 6:21 PM, dfelt said:

Maybe a Family of Mid engine Corvette auto's? ;) 

Maybe they are planning to shelve the Ice version and go all EV! :P 

Doubtful. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

So by that U are saying that before the Cayenne.. Porsche was NOT a brand. hmmmm END OF DISCUSSION.. Go back to Germany KrautBoy

That is the opposite of what I was saying.  Porsche has always been a brand, they had the 911, 944/968 and 928 all in production at the same time.  For most of their history that hav had 3-4 different vehicles in their line, it has just grown now with 6.

8 hours ago, smk4565 said:

That is the opposite of what I was saying.  Porsche has always been a brand, they had the 911, 944/968 and 928 all in production at the same time.  For most of their history that hav had 3-4 different vehicles in their line, it has just grown now with 6.

Yes, Porsche has always been a brand--whether an independent company or owned by VWAG as they are now.  No one sane would argue that.   On the other hand, Corvette is a model with different trim levels within the Chevrolet brand.  That is the distinction.  

At some points in time Porsche had only one street model--like in the 356 era, but after the 911 came out, they had periods of time with only 2 street models--like in the late 60s with the 911 and 912, the early 70s with the 911 and 914, the late 90s with the 911 and Boxster.  And of course many trim levels within those models.   Like the modern 911 which often has 20-24 trim levels in any particular year--in comparison to the Corvette which has 4 currently (base, Z06, GS, ZR-1?)

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Look slim.. I'm American unlike U and still know Porsche's history due to racing.. but I don't sip the Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier flavored water the way U do.. 

Your rational... as I have explained.. the Corvette sub-division CURRENTLY has 4 distinct Corvettes under its umbrella. The Stingray, which has trims as well, different engine and transmission tuning, and price point. The GS.. also different trims, same engine, but distinct body and suspension tuning, and price point. The Z06.. different trims, different racing apparatus, different drivetrains, suspension tuning, unique body, and and price point. And the ZR1.. different trims, different racing apparatus, different drivetrains, suspension tuning, unique body, and and price point. Chevy doesn't say it.. but that my young knabe.. is a BRANDED vehicle. Not to mention that many people who are not enthusiasts think that CORVETTE is an independent vehicle similar to Porsche and Ferrari. THIS IS FACT.  If Chevy were to continue with the FE Corvette, while still offering the ME design.. its a done deal.. and we will have a genuine 4th American GM Division. I also point out that for all intents.... the Camaro has been primed to take over the head job at Chevy since the C5 debuted in 2010

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Look slim.. I'm American unlike U and still know Porsche's history due to racing.. but I don't sip the Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier flavored water the way U do.. 

Your rational... as I have explained.. the Corvette sub-division CURRENTLY has 4 distinct Corvettes under its umbrella. The Stingray, which has trims as well, different engine and transmission tuning, and price point. The GS.. also different trims, same engine, but distinct body and suspension tuning, and price point. The Z06.. different trims, different racing apparatus, different drivetrains, suspension tuning, unique body, and and price point. And the ZR1.. different trims, different racing apparatus, different drivetrains, suspension tuning, unique body, and and price point. Chevy doesn't say it.. but that my young knabe.. is a BRANDED vehicle. Not to mention that many people who are not enthusiasts think that CORVETTE is an independent vehicle similar to Porsche and Ferrari. THIS IS FACT.  If Chevy were to continue with the FE Corvette, while still offering the ME design.. its a done deal.. and we will have a genuine 4th American GM Division. I also point out that for all intents.... the Camaro has been primed to take over the head job at Chevy since the C5 debuted in 2010

Stringray, GS, Z06 and ZR1 in coupe and convertible is 8 models.  The 911 has 23 models.

My point is Corvette is not a brand.  If they want to make Corvette a full line brand with an entry level sports car like the Cayman/Boxster/718, the current Vette, the mid-engine Vette, 2 SUVs and 1 sedan, then I am all for that.  But you can't sell that all at a Chevy dealer and compete with Porsche or Aston Martin.  And I know GM won't spend the money to make a whole new brand and dealership channel after they just killed about 5 brands 10 years ago.

9 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Stringray, GS, Z06 and ZR1 in coupe and convertible is 8 models.  The 911 has 23 models.

My point is Corvette is not a brand.  If they want to make Corvette a full line brand with an entry level sports car like the Cayman/Boxster/718, the current Vette, the mid-engine Vette, 2 SUVs and 1 sedan, then I am all for that.  But you can't sell that all at a Chevy dealer and compete with Porsche or Aston Martin.  And I know GM won't spend the money to make a whole new brand and dealership channel after they just killed about 5 brands 10 years ago.

A trim line is not a model.  The E300 and E400 are not separate models. 

• Agree 3

17 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Nope.  One Corvette model with 4 trim levels in 2 body styles.   One 911 model with 23 trim levels.  3 body styles in some of the trim levels. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

A trim line is not a model.  The E300 and E400 are not separate models. 

I agree.  But I don't really see Z06 as a different model either.  Coupe and convertible sure different models.  In that case the 911 has 3 body styles, coupe, targa, cabriolet, and like 6-8 trims on each.

1 minute ago, smk4565 said:

I agree.  But I don't really see Z06 as a different model either.  Coupe and convertible sure different models.  In that case the 911 has 3 body styles, coupe, targa, cabriolet, and like 6-8 trims on each.

Yes, and some trims are available on some body styles and not others...like the GT3 and GT3 RS are two trim levels, available on 1 body style each.  While the Carrera S is available in all 3 body styles (Porsche might consider the body style-trim level combo as a unique trim level, but that's just semantics).. 

With the Corvette, there are 2 body styles--coupe and convertible, and 4 trim levels.  Pretty simple. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Yes, and some trims are available on some body styles and not others...like the GT3 and GT3 RS are two trim levels, available on 1 body style each.  While the Carrera S is available in all 3 body styles (Porsche might consider the body style-trim level combo as a unique trim level, but that's just semantics).. 

With the Corvette, there are 2 body styles--coupe and convertible, and 4 trim levels.  Pretty simple. 

Leave it to the Germans to overcomplicate matters. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Leave it to the Germans to overcomplicate matters. 

Of course.  And certain trim levels appear for one or two model years, then disappear and re-appear mid season through another year..or how two generations of 911 overlap for some years and trims. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

It was 4 Brands.. Pontiac, Saab, Hummer, and Saturn.. due to overlap. Each, having no real distinct differences from certain other brands within the portfolio.. I was completely happy with this. The Pontiac brand was pretty much spot on with Chevy, with the exception of not having trucks. Hence.. the G8 becoming the SS for instance. The Saturn brand was almost spot on with Buick.. thus the Opel connection going to Buick after the death of Saturn. Saab too for that matter. The only one that I had an issue with being closed was Hummer.. but even before 2009 I constantly said that he Hummer brand should not be independent.. and be a GMC Trim like Denali. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

I hear what @Drew Dowdell and @Robert Hall are saying and I don't completely agree even tho they may actually be right.

What I'm saying is that the GM Brass have ample configs to call the Corvette line a division.. or sub-division. Also.. why are a convertible and hardtop being included as a model. To me the 5Series and the 6Series are models.. but the 6series and the 6Series GC or Convertible are not models, but variants

11 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

I hear what @Drew Dowdell and @Robert Hall are saying and I don't completely agree even tho they may actually be right.

What I'm saying is that the GM Brass have ample configs to call the Corvette line a division.. or sub-division. Also.. why are a convertible and hardtop being included as a model. To me the 5Series and the 6Series are models.. but the 6series and the 6Series GC or Convertible are not models, but variants

It's all in the semantics.  Different automakers use terms in different ways.   To me a convertible or coupe is a body style, not a model or trim level. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

There seems to be a lot of wiggle room in what counts as it's own model and it generally changes depending on what makes the manufacturer look best.  When it is convenient, the models are all lumped together (3-series and 4-series sales numbers). When it is convenient, they separate them out. BMW saying "We have 96 different models... as long as you count the 320, 335, etc all separately. 

• 3 months later...

OK, Woke up to this email from Chevrolet, seems the count down clock on the new Mid-Engine Corvette is set and running now. 97 days, 15 hours till the reveal.

7-18-19 is the new reveal date of a mid-engine Corvette.

image.png

It seems obvious that the styling is going to be beautiful.. but what I'm looking forward to is the tech, performance potential, needle move on interior, and sharing with Cadillac hopefully. I would also love to hear that this is going to not only be sold with a continuation of the FE C7 for a few more years, but also that there is an SUV coming as well. If Porsche, Ferrari, and Lambo can have one.. why can't Corvette. Corvette lovers be damned

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

It seems obvious that the styling is going to be beautiful.. but what I'm looking forward to is the tech, performance potential, needle move on interior, and sharing with Cadillac hopefully. I would also love to hear that this is going to not only be sold with a continuation of the FE C7 for a few more years, but also that there is an SUV coming as well. If Porsche, Ferrari, and Lambo can have one.. why can't Corvette. Corvette lovers be damned

RIGHT! I totally agree that Corvette needs to have a performance CUV/SUV and this tech SHOULD be shared with Cadillac as part of their V Series.

Other than the V Series, I think Cadillac should be the focus point for moving all things to EV as a true Tesla Destroyer and checkmate to the Germans.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

RIGHT! I totally agree that Corvette needs to have a performance CUV/SUV and this tech SHOULD be shared with Cadillac as part of their V Series.

Other than the V Series, I think Cadillac should be the focus point for moving all things to EV as a true Tesla Destroyer and checkmate to the Germans.

Talk about profits. GM would effectively have 4 Luxury/Premium brands.. this time with purpose like back in the day when there was Cadillac, Olds, and Buick

• Agree 2

Im soooooooo excited for this. 

But part of me feels lost. I also do not  want the front engined formula to go away either.  (For the first year anyway, it wont)

Therefore, I would prefer that Corvette does become its own brand or sub-brand or whatever you want to call it. 

So Corvette could have several REAL models in its line-up.

Because I dont see the GS and the base Stingray as two models. Nor do I see the Z06 and the ZR1 as two different models. Nor do I see the ZR1 being a different model than the Stingray.

Slippery slope:

The C6...

The base Vette had a steel frame and the Z06 was an aluminium one.  The way I process and define models and trim levels, one could see this as 2 different models. But on the C7, all frames are aluminium...

The way the C7 works for me is that its 1 model. It has two different body styles. (maybe 3?) Convertible, fixed roof and (targa top?)

1 model to do battle with the 23 different trims of 911. 

1 model to do battle with Porsche's other sportcars in the Vette's immediate competetion. The Cayman and Boxster. And those too also have a myriad of trims.

1 model to do battle with very high end Ferraris, McLarens and Lamborghinis. 

You could say that the Vette has 3 or 4 models to them, but that is not how it works. And even if you want to think it this way, it still doesnt change the fact that Corvette is ill equipped, model or trim size, to do battle with all its competitors successfully.  And what I mean by successfully is to hand them their ass, each and very time. 

I dont want to hear the phrase "for the money" anymore. It was a good measure 20 years ago. But 20 years ago, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini did not have a plethora of models and trims on their sportscars. Even Mclaren 20 years ago was just 1 car. McLaren has grown and soon they too will even offer a true GT car. 

The Vette, with 1 model has to be a pure track car, a pure daily driver, a pure exotic super(hyper) car. And elitists wont even admit to it that the ZR1 is such a thing because price, or the engine is not in the right place (not mid-engined) or whatever ridiculous excuse they come up with...

With the C8 coming, and the C7 will be sold alongside, then and only then would the Vette be 2 models. And THAT opens up the Pandora's box. 

When the C8 arrives, it will be a supercar. For realz. When the top dog mid-engined C8 arrives, the Z06 or ZR1 C5 C6 C7 equivalent, then it will be a true hypercar. Hopefully a front engined RWD model is still offered, because the Corvette has also become a viable true blue GT car. And being a hardcore supercar with a mid-engined variant, than Corvette ceases to be a GT car. 

Therefore, Corvette is ripe to expand to several models and hence becoming its own sub-brand, brand. 

Like Casa said, the Camaro is already at Corvette levels of performance.  Obviously not at ZR1 levels. The ZR1 is basically at the limits of what a front engined RWD car can do. Corvette could add AWD to that and aid the situaition, but that also adds weight. Lessens the raw, sports car feel to it. Adding AWD just makes it more GT car than it already is...

But at Z06 levels...The Camaro is at. Just a tad more tweaking is all that is needed...

Corvette, to be really dominant, to shut North American Eurosnob mouthes, needs to expand its portfolio. Its competition did. Corvette needs to do the same. 

And when I say North American eurosnob mouthes, yes...as it seems in Europe and the Middle East, the Corvette has finally gotten the respect it deserves. Even in Germany. When the mid-engined C8 arrives, even more so. 

And, even if the Corvette purists in North America will NOT accept a mid-engined Vette or an expanded brand line, in Europe and in the Middle East and in Asia, those markets are primed for the taking!!!

Especially if electrified versions are in the pipeline...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I'd love to see a Corvette SUV with none other than the n/a 3.6. 

If the Corvette was to have  CUV line.. yeah.. a n/a 3.6L would be a nice entry, but if its RWD it damn sure better have a V8. I will never understand the BS behind why Porsche and Audi get to have FWD based CUVs, market only the AWD part.. and no issues. Either way.. a Macan GTS literally only has a TT3.0L with 360hp/369lbs. I submit that if the Blazer RS had this same combo.. or an even better LGW with 404/400lb..it would out perform the Macan's 5 second 0-60

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

If the Corvette was to have  CUV line.. yeah.. a n/a 3.6L would be a nice entry, but if its RWD it damn sure better have a V8. I will never understand the BS behind why Porsche and Audi get to have FWD based CUVs, market only the AWD part.. and no issues. Either way.. a Macan GTS literally only has a TT3.0L with 360hp/369lbs. I submit that if the Blazer RS had this same combo.. or an even better LGW with 404/400lb..it would out perform the Macan's 5 second 0-60

What Porsche CUV is FWD based?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, frogger said:

What Porsche CUV is FWD based?

Slippery slope of VW/Audi platforms...

Not exactly RWD based. Not exactly FWD based either. But definitely AWD. 

Albeit the Macan's platform, the engine is longitude, not tranverse...which seems to be the defining signature of RWD based over FWD. 

But what Casa seems to be saying, and what I said in my post about North American Eurosnobs, is that certain European manufacturers get a pass on certain no-nos that GM always gets their cheeks slapped...

Case in point...

The Macan, a Porsche...get a pass from offering a 4 cylinder in their CUV...

2 things wrong here:

Porsche is offering a:

1. A small CUV

2. In that small CUV, Porsche is offering a less than 250 horsepower and ironically, the same amount of ft.lbs of torque that CCAP's post deems to be lackluster. Albeit, I understand that the 4 cylinder in the Macan is turbocharged and therefore, the 273 ft.lbs of torque are probably more accessible at a lower RPM than the N/A 3.6 liter V6 from GM and THAT seems to be CCAP's beef with the N/A 3.6 liter from GM. 

But...all that to say,  proof is in the pudding,  that had Corvette offered a N/A 3.6 liter V6 as a:

44 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

a n/a 3.6L would be a nice entry

AN ENTRY LEVEL ENGINE OFFERING, Corvette would be shat on by many...

44 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

, but if its RWD it damn sure better have a V8

But this being Corvette, a V8 would most definitely be in the cards...but alas, Corvette will not be a brand on its own, so all this is useless banter... 

What is not useless, is the blatant hypocrisy that Corvette faces in the North American  market to actually be its own sub-brand/brand...

Its got a huge up hill to climb for Corvette to be its own brand. A bigger mountain than what Porsche had to overcome.

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

2. In that small CUV, Porsche is offering a less than 250 horsepower and ironically, the same amount of ft.lbs of torque that CCAP's post deems to be lackluster. Albeit, I understand that the 4 cylinder in the Macan is turbocharged and therefore, the 273 ft.lbs of torque are probably more accessible at a lower RPM than the N/A 3.6 liter V6 from GM and THAT seems to be CCAP's beef with the N/A 3.6 liter from GM. 

252hp

1600rpm - 4500rpm is their peak torque plateau.

Don't forget these are German horsepowers. Have they ever not underrated them? 

16 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

252hp

You proved my point...

44 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

the blatant hypocrisy that Corvette faces in the North American  market to actually be its own sub-brand/brand...

You could back hand insult Corvette and that is OK.

But as soon as somebody dare says someting negative on Porsche...you defend Porsche...

https://www.porsche.com/canada/en/models/macan/macan-models/macan/

248 horsepower...Porsche's website...

Regardless if underrated...250-260...its certainly not over that...

Regardless...that meager amount of HP is supposedly enough for it to be a Porsche? 

But you will defend ANY thing negative said about Porsche, even it true...

But...you will insult..and demean Corvette...on an issue that wont even be a thing in the near future, nor in the long future...

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

I'd love to see a Corvette SUV with none other than the n/a 3.6. 

Like I said...

YOU TROLL!!!

Are you gonna go with the "its your opinion" angle this time around too? 

So...will @Drew Dowdell lock this one up too? 

Will I be the villain again for pointing out what it is that YOU do? 

Edited by oldshurst442

Just now, Drew Dowdell said:

Could you two juys ignore each other please? @ccap41was making a joke.

Yeah...a joke...we will call it that.

17 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

252hp

Yet...

I state FACT...not fiction on a CUV that will NEVER exist...

HE pounces on FACT that I stated to which I had to post a phoquing link to...

Yeah...we will call it a joke...not trolling @Cmicasa the Great because he is a GM nut...knowing that might tick him off...especially when Casa posted his view on the 3.6 liter V6 on the other thread...

Sure Drew...

Like I said...

Im the villain...