Cadillac News: Spying: 2020 Cadillac Escalade Makes An Appearance

William Maley

9 hours ago, smk4565 said:

The Mercedes/AMG M178 (4.0 bi-turbo) is 461 lbs.  The LT1 V8 is 465 lbs but the LT4 with the Supercharger is 529 lbs.  When you compare boosted to boosted the AMG engine is lighter more fuel efficient too.  But Cadillac could care less about Escalde weight, so why not put the CT6-V engine in there?  Do something.

The 4.0L Bi-Turbo was told to me as being 460lbs before the intercooler and dressing. The LT4's weight includes everything. At best, they are same weight once one includes the Benz's intercooler. The AMG engine is down by almost 50 hp on the LT4, which should certainly get it a slightly better fuel economy, especially when paired to a tranny with one extra gear. 

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

and a quick google search I saw that the Escalade sells to the ratio of 2:1 versus the Navigator.

It also sells 2:1 to the GLS ;) 

14 hours ago, smk4565 said:

It needs a 6.2 liter V8 to make 420 hp?  There are 3 liter engines that make more that.  Something is wrong with your engineering department if you can't make over 100 hp per liter.  And Cadillac makes a 550 hp V8, why on earth would you give the Escalade a weaker Chevy engine compared to the more powerful Cadillac engine?

Maybe.. Just maybe Chevy gets a Cadillac engine.. 

black think about it GIF by Identity

• Haha 1

Everything I read says the Mercedes V8 is the lightest in its segment but they may be comparing it to Audi, BMW and Porsche, the Audi V8 is 494 lbs.  Rhe Mercedes V8 is relative compact too so they can fit it in a C-class or low under the hood of a GT.  Things that don’t matter on a GLS though.

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

It also sells 2:1 to the GLS ;)

Sales # are relevant in the mass market, less of an issue w/ luxury vehicles.  And the GLS probably outsells it globally. 

1 minute ago, smk4565 said:

Everything I read says the Mercedes V8 is the lightest in its segment but they may be comparing it to Audi, BMW and Porsche, the Audi V8 is 494 lbs.  Rhe Mercedes V8 is relative compact too so they can fit it in a C-class or low under the hood of a GT.  Things that don’t matter on a GLS though.

Engine weight means nothing in a large SUV...with something like the Escalade the goal is to maximize the weight, not minimize it..leave the lightweight concerns to economy cars. 

• Like 1

GLS probably outsells every big luxury SUV globally.  The GL outsold the Escalade  in the USA for a few years around 2012 and 2013.  The Escalde is no doubt a successful product, I am just saying they can’t rest on their laurels and expect it will stay there with an Audi Q8 and BMW X7 now I’m the mix.  Cadillac can’t be complacent.

5 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Sales # are relevant in the mass market, less of an issue w/ luxury vehicles.  And the GLS probably outsells it globally. 

Oh I agree. The GLS definitely outsells it globally because as far as I know the 'Slade is US only.. This is :unitedstates: I only care about :unitedstates:😂

GLS probably outsells every big luxury SUV globally.  The GL outsold the Escalade  in the USA for a few years around 2012 and 2013.  The Escalde is no doubt a successful product, I am just saying they can’t rest on their laurels and expect it will stay there with an Audi Q8 and BMW X7 now I’m the mix.  Cadillac can’t be complacent.

I don't think anybody is expecting them to rest on their laurels since the new Navigator came out and has stolen all of its attention, finally. 

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Oh I agree. The GLS definitely outsells it globally because as far as I know the 'Slade is US only.. This is :unitedstates: I only care about :unitedstates:😂 

I'm pretty sure the Slade is sold in Canada also...maybe Mexico too..

The Slade is like the M60 Patton while the Navigator is like the USS Fletcher.

as in they are either a tank or a big boat, are capable of towing both, each other and at the same time and are at the heart spin offs of proven truck platforms. Tons and tons of Pattons were built to counter a Cold War threat that never came to and like more Fletchers were built in 3 years than the entire IJN navy fleet tonnage on WW2. Something like that.

46 minutes ago, Suaviloquent said:

Now I’m having an image stuck in my head I can’t get rid of. Imagine you have both an Escalade and Navigator. Can’t decide which one to be seen in at your destination?

why not drive one while towing the other? 

Such an American problem with an American solution.

Until the next fuel crisis or economic crisis hits. Still remember low mile Navigators turned in during Cash for Clunkers.

image.png

image.png

2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Again.. when it is weighed without the dressed configuration . Add in other things and the weight goes up. BTW.. these two vehicles both have S/C'd OHV engines and both will F@CK up any one of Benzes comparable configs.. still costing $10Ks less.. NOW THAT.. IS EFFICIENCY

20180810_142311.jpg

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

So the GLS outsold the Escalade during those years? U mean the one that had been introduced in 2006.. and was still 2 years away from getting a redo? WOW.. Big achievement😂

The Escalade sells in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Russia and Middle East. These are essentially the limited areas where GM decides to sell Cadillac, altho obviously other GM brands sell in other countries. Ironically I actually believe that the GLS is predominately an American SUV, 2017 combined EU and US sales being 36,800 and the Escalade's U.S. sales alone being 37,700. That again is with the Denali/Yukon/XL, and Tahoe/Suburban taking sales from the Slade sometimes

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

So the GLS outsold the Escalade during those years? U mean the one that had been introduced in 2006.. and was still 2 years away from getting a redo? WOW.. Big achievement😂

The Escalade sells in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Russia and Middle East. These are essentially the limited areas where GM decides to sell Cadillac, altho obviously other GM brands sell in other countries. Ironically I actually believe that the GLS is predominately an American SUV, 2017 combined EU and US sales being 36,800 and the Escalade's U.S. sales alone being 37,700. That again is with the Denali/Yukon/XL, and Tahoe/Suburban taking sales from the Slade sometimes

...and rightfully so. I actually like some of the Denali trims better than some of the versions of the Escalade.

Can we all lay down arms for a second and just be happy American car makers give us choice? Love them or hate them, Jeep gives infinitely more choice than does Subaru in terms of options, colors, trims, 4wd systems and the like than Subaru does. Ford brings a lot to the table, although I am obviously not a Ford guy. And Gm gives us a huge amount of vehicle choice.

The GLS is made in America, I am sure this is it’s best sales country with China 2nd.  The smaller SUVs do better in the EU.

...and rightfully so.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

...and rightfully so. I actually like some of the Denali trims better than some of the versions of the Escalade.

Can we all lay down arms for a second and just be happy American car makers give us choice? Love them or hate them, Jeep gives infinitely more choice than does Subaru in terms of options, colors, trims, 4wd systems and the like than Subaru does. Ford brings a lot to the table, although I am obviously not a Ford guy. And Gm gives us a huge amount of vehicle choice.

...and rightfully so.

Variety and choice are the spice of life, right?  It's good we have a market with a wide variety of product at a wide range of prices..would be boring if we only had a bunch of look-a-like transport pods w/ gray interiors to choose from. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Robert Hall said:

Variety and choice are the spice of life, right?  It's good we have a market with a wide variety of product at a wide range of prices..would be boring if we only had a bunch of look-a-like transport pods w/ gray interiors to choose from. 

Exactly.

Don't quote me on this but I am starting to like the new Ranger just a tiny bit.

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Exactly.

Don't quote me on this but I am starting to like the new Ranger just a tiny bit.

Looking it forward to see it in person...the old Ranger was so old by the time it went out, even a design that is a few years old will seem new.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Looking it forward to see it in person...the old Ranger was so old by the time it went out, even a design that is a few years old will seem new.

Styling changes less frequently now than in the past...but the idea of the transmission the ranger offers and a few other perks make it interesting. Ford might be onto something here...a bullet proof midsize pickup just in time as Toyota starts to have more mechanical issues with the Tacoma.

23 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Ford and GM give more choice as they eliminate the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, Taurus, Cruze, Impala, LaCrosse, Volt, XTS and CT6?  They are combined killing off 10 models in one year. 

Well, considering the sales were falling for all of those, the market didn't care for them.. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Ford and GM give more choice as they eliminate the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, Taurus, Cruze, Impala, LaCrosse, Volt, XTS and CT6?  They are combined killing off 10 models in one year. 

Deliberately trolling and being negative.....ummm....yeah....no thanks. 

• 8 months later...

According to the Cadillac Society, Custom Car Co, a Georgia based company has had a leak of a project they are working on, the Escalade V and this so called Coupe seems to be a true Coupe SUV, means 2 doors folks.

Cadillac-Escalade-V-Coupe-Custom-Car-Co-001-760x500.jpg

http://cadillacsociety.com/2019/09/05/cadillac-escalade-v-coupe-rendering-is-bold-brash-and-truly-excellent/