Hyundai News:Hyundai and Kia Get Served A Class-Action Lawsuit

William Maley

5 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Still dazed and confused at they reasons why the ignition switch thing ever occurred. It was proven that the inclusion of billions of keys and a bunch of bullsh!t on the the key ring was what led to the issue.. I guess in truth GM should have tested their ignition switches to a point that the device could have held the weight of an 3 month old before they released the vehicles. But that's pretty much a moot point.. as they fixed the issue a decade ago and went a step further in equipping a great deal of their line-up with key-less ignition..

GO FAP 😂 on that. Preferably with the door locked and a box of Kleenex ready and waiting

In all fairness there is no comparison betwern Hyundai and GM. GM has built tons more remarkable vehicles than Hyundai.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Intrepidation said:

Not as remarkable as a simple thread about an engine lawsuit turning into a butt mad extravaganza.

Well.. personally I hate Hyundai.. and anyone that defends them I wouldn't mind seeing go 🖕 themselves as well. I love GM.. and Ford because they have history.. they make great vehicles still.. and they are American. 

11 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

In all fairness there is no comparison betwern Hyundai and GM. GM has built tons more remarkable vehicles than Hyundai.

Absolutely. This year alone. GM's only failure when U really look at it.. is their inability to.. NO SCRATCH THAT.. unwillingness to market properly or enuff. I actually believe in my heart of hearts that GM is killing the Cruze, for instance, because they can not make money off of it under UAW manufacturing contracts. The money they would use, that foreign manufacturers use to advertise their small cars is the same money GM (and Ford.. and Chrysler) have to use to pay UAW salaries. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Well.. personally I hate Hyundai.. and anyone that defends them I wouldn't mind seeing go 🖕 themselves as well. I love GM.. and Ford because they have history.. they make great vehicles still.. and they are American. 

So because their opinion differs they should fuck themselves. Right.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

So many, lined up, reaching for the sky.  And loaners.  Loaners out for munts.

One more mess in the automotive universe...

11 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Still dazed and confused at they reasons why the ignition switch thing ever occurred. It was proven that the inclusion of billions of keys and a bunch of bullsh!t on the the key ring was what led to the issue.. I guess in truth GM should have tested their ignition switches to a point that the device could have held the weight of an 3 month old before they released the vehicles. But that's pretty much a moot point.. as they fixed the issue a decade ago and went a step further in equipping a great deal of their line-up with key-less ignition..

GO FAP 😂 on that. Preferably with the door locked and a box of Kleenex ready and waiting

My assumption would be that there wasn't a warning in the manual stating you shouldn't hang young children from your key chain without repercussions. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

My assumption would be that there wasn't a warning in the manual stating you shouldn't hang young children from your key chain without repercussions. 

User error with products is pretty much epic. I would hate to be an OEM and put billions of dollars into something to have inept humans destroy it in every way imaginable.

But then again, given the behavior of a few individuals in this thread...a Horse is probably too complicated for most 21st century humans to operate. My 5 year old niece can ride one just fine...most modern humans....not so much.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

User error with products is pretty much epic. I would hate to be an OEM and put billions of dollars into something to have inept humans destroy it in every way imaginable.

But then again, given the behavior of a few individuals in this thread...a Horse is probably too complicated for most 21st century humans to operate. My 5 year old niece can ride one just fine...most modern humans....not so much.

I could imagine riding a horse today would be difficult...no cupholders, no phone charger outlet, no nav.   Though they can be autonomous and green as far as fuel.     (I rode horses a few times as a child 40 years ago). 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Yes. Yes. Yes. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

First time ever U made me laugh. Anyway.. U are correct. There wasn't. Thus GM being liable for idiot's not able to access the common sense part of their brains

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

First time ever U made me laugh. Anyway.. U are correct. There wasn't. Thus GM being liable for idiot's not able to access the common sense part of their brains

Common sense isn't common.  20+ years dealing with the imbeciles in corporate America has taught me that...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Plus if a car engine is shut off while driving, even if the key is turned to the "off" position due to weight of keys but there is no "lock" position, then the car will lose steering assist and brake assist... but it will not lose the ability to steer or stop... those functions will still be fully operational without the assist.  Unless the brain of the driver is not.  Fully functional.  Wow, we are still taking abote this?  This is a little bit different than the engine compartment erupting in flames... there is a 100% chance of serious damage to the vehicle, and a very high chance of total loss.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Agree 1

On 12/19/2018 at 11:09 PM, balthazar said:

Why delay the inevitable?

In regards to trading in a crappy Hyundai, banning a half wit, or giving in to the internal desire for really good pizza for lunch?

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

In regards to trading in a crappy Hyundai, banning a half wit, or giving in to the internal desire for really good pizza for lunch?

I choose all 3, trade in that crappy Hyundai, ban the half wit and enjoy that lovely pizza! :P 

• Like 1