William Maley

Hyundai News:Hyundai and Kia Get Served A Class-Action Lawsuit

5 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Still dazed and confused at they reasons why the ignition switch thing ever occurred. It was proven that the inclusion of billions of keys and a bunch of bullsh!t on the the key ring was what led to the issue.. I guess in truth GM should have tested their ignition switches to a point that the device could have held the weight of an 3 month old before they released the vehicles. But that's pretty much a moot point.. as they fixed the issue a decade ago and went a step further in equipping a great deal of their line-up with key-less ignition..

GO FAP 😂 on that. Preferably with the door locked and a box of Kleenex ready and waiting

In all fairness there is no comparison betwern Hyundai and GM. GM has built tons more remarkable vehicles than Hyundai.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not as remarkable as a simple thread about an engine lawsuit turning into a butt mad extravaganza.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Intrepidation said:

Not as remarkable as a simple thread about an engine lawsuit turning into a butt mad extravaganza.

Well.. personally I hate Hyundai.. and anyone that defends them I wouldn't mind seeing go 🖕 themselves as well. I love GM.. and Ford because they have history.. they make great vehicles still.. and they are American. 

11 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

In all fairness there is no comparison betwern Hyundai and GM. GM has built tons more remarkable vehicles than Hyundai.

Absolutely. This year alone. GM's only failure when U really look at it.. is their inability to.. NO SCRATCH THAT.. unwillingness to market properly or enuff. I actually believe in my heart of hearts that GM is killing the Cruze, for instance, because they can not make money off of it under UAW manufacturing contracts. The money they would use, that foreign manufacturers use to advertise their small cars is the same money GM (and Ford.. and Chrysler) have to use to pay UAW salaries. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Well.. personally I hate Hyundai.. and anyone that defends them I wouldn't mind seeing go 🖕 themselves as well. I love GM.. and Ford because they have history.. they make great vehicles still.. and they are American. 

So because their opinion differs they should fuck themselves. Right.

• Upvote 1

So many, lined up, reaching for the sky.  And loaners.  Loaners out for munts.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

So many, lined up, reaching for the sky.  And loaners.  Loaners out for munts.

One more mess in the automotive universe...

11 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Still dazed and confused at they reasons why the ignition switch thing ever occurred. It was proven that the inclusion of billions of keys and a bunch of bullsh!t on the the key ring was what led to the issue.. I guess in truth GM should have tested their ignition switches to a point that the device could have held the weight of an 3 month old before they released the vehicles. But that's pretty much a moot point.. as they fixed the issue a decade ago and went a step further in equipping a great deal of their line-up with key-less ignition..

GO FAP 😂 on that. Preferably with the door locked and a box of Kleenex ready and waiting

My assumption would be that there wasn't a warning in the manual stating you shouldn't hang young children from your key chain without repercussions. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

My assumption would be that there wasn't a warning in the manual stating you shouldn't hang young children from your key chain without repercussions. 

User error with products is pretty much epic. I would hate to be an OEM and put billions of dollars into something to have inept humans destroy it in every way imaginable.

But then again, given the behavior of a few individuals in this thread...a Horse is probably too complicated for most 21st century humans to operate. My 5 year old niece can ride one just fine...most modern humans....not so much.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

User error with products is pretty much epic. I would hate to be an OEM and put billions of dollars into something to have inept humans destroy it in every way imaginable.

But then again, given the behavior of a few individuals in this thread...a Horse is probably too complicated for most 21st century humans to operate. My 5 year old niece can ride one just fine...most modern humans....not so much.

I could imagine riding a horse today would be difficult...no cupholders, no phone charger outlet, no nav.   Though they can be autonomous and green as far as fuel.     (I rode horses a few times as a child 40 years ago). 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Yes. Yes. Yes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

First time ever U made me laugh. Anyway.. U are correct. There wasn't. Thus GM being liable for idiot's not able to access the common sense part of their brains

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

First time ever U made me laugh. Anyway.. U are correct. There wasn't. Thus GM being liable for idiot's not able to access the common sense part of their brains

Common sense isn't common.  20+ years dealing with the imbeciles in corporate America has taught me that...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Thus GM being liable for idiot's not able to access the common sense part of their brains

other car makers didn’t have ignition issues. 

you’re implying only idiots buy GM’s?

• Haha 1

Plus if a car engine is shut off while driving, even if the key is turned to the "off" position due to weight of keys but there is no "lock" position, then the car will lose steering assist and brake assist... but it will not lose the ability to steer or stop... those functions will still be fully operational without the assist.  Unless the brain of the driver is not.  Fully functional.  Wow, we are still taking abote this?  This is a little bit different than the engine compartment erupting in flames... there is a 100% chance of serious damage to the vehicle, and a very high chance of total loss.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Upvote 1

On 12/19/2018 at 11:09 PM, balthazar said:

Why delay the inevitable?

In regards to trading in a crappy Hyundai, banning a half wit, or giving in to the internal desire for really good pizza for lunch?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

In regards to trading in a crappy Hyundai, banning a half wit, or giving in to the internal desire for really good pizza for lunch?

I choose all 3, trade in that crappy Hyundai, ban the half wit and enjoy that lovely pizza! :P 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      It has been talked about for quite sometime, but Hyundai is making it official today at the Detroit Auto Show. The Korean automaker introduced their first N-Line model, the 2019 Elantra GT N-Line.
      N-Line brings forth a number of the exterior design cues and changes to suspension found on the standard N models to the basic models. For the Elantra GT, N-Line will be taking the place of the Sport.
      For the exterior, the N-Line brings a unique front grille, lower front spoiler, blacked-out side mirrors, and 18-inch N-Line wheels. Step inside to find a leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather sport seats with the ’N’ logo, updated instrument cluster, and red accents to help differentiate this model from the standard Elantra GT.
      Under the skin, Hyundai has given the Elantra GT N-Line’s suspension the once-over with stiffer springs, new engine mounts, thicker stability bars, and a set of Michelin PS4 summer tires if you get the six-speed manual. The seven-speed DCT sticks with a set of all-season Hankooks. Hyundai is retaining the turbocharged 1.6L four-cylinder with 201 horsepower and 195 pound-feet.
      Pricing for the 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT N-Line will begin at $24,185 for the manual and $25,285 for the DCT. Prices include an $885 destination charge. You can go to your nearest Hyundai dealer now to check them out.
      Gallery: 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT N-Line
      Source: Hyundai
      Hyundai Debuts First U.S. ‘N Line’ Model with 2019 Elantra GT Lineup
      N Line is an exciting new trim level in the Hyundai ‘N’ product portfolio N Line focuses on sporty design cues and refined powertrain/chassis dynamics FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Jan. 14, 2019 - Complementing the performance of Elantra GT is the announcement of the new 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT N Line trim. Elantra GT N Line is the first N Line model for the United States from Hyundai. N Line trims add sporty design elements and refined powertrain/chassis upgrades to existing Hyundai products. N Line is part of Hyundai’s ‘N’ product portfolio that includes the brand’s growing ultimate ‘N’ range of vehicles (Veloster N, i30 N, i30 Fastback N). The 2019 Elantra GT N Line replaces the 2018 Elantra GT Sport and signals more N Line models to come on future Hyundai products. Elantra GT N Line and the 2019 Elantra GT are on sale now.
      The 2019 Elantra GT continues to bring increased utility and enhanced driving dynamics to the compact hatchback segment. Elantra GT and the new N Line trim are poised to compete head-on with hatchback competitors and provide a fun-to-drive alternative to small CUVs. Elantra GT is the best of both worlds.  
      2019 Elantra GT Changes
      New Elantra GT N Line added to the lineup Elantra GT Sport is dropped from the lineup (replaced by the Elantra GT N Line) The entry-level Elantra GT is a carryover model   Panoramic sunroof and leather seating surfaces added to 2019 Elantra GT Style Package “Hyundai N models satisfy the needs of performance-oriented enthusiasts with exclusive, custom-tuned powertrain and chassis applications,” said Thomas Schemera, executive vice president, Hyundai Motor Group’s Product Planning & Strategy Division.” “N Line is designed for those buyers craving N’s sporty styling cues coupled with performance-tuned suspension upgrades, all at compelling price points.”
      Design Elements
      The Elantra GT N Line takes eye-catching design elements directly from the i30 N. At the front, the Elantra GT N Line has a lower front spoiler for increased aerodynamic efficiency and a unique N Line version of Hyundai’s Cascading Grille with a distinctive silver character line. At the side, blacked out side mirrors with turn signals, N Line badging, N Line 18-inch wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 225/40 R18 summer tires change the profile of the car (summer tires are only available with the manual transmission). At the rear, the unique bumper fascia further accentuates the N theme. 
      Standard interior trim for the Elantra GT N Line includes:
      Unique leather-wrapped perforated N steering wheel with metallic spokes N Line leather sport seats with N logo N Line gearshift features sporty metal accents and leather inserts A sporty instrument cluster and instrument panel accents Red stitching and accents differentiate the N Line from the standard Elantra GT N Line Sport Seats
      The N Line sports seats feature heated leather seating surfaces, N logos and red contrast stitching and side bolsters. They also keep the driver comfortable with power lumbar support and extendable seat cushions. 
      Elantra GT N Line mechanical improvements include:

ELANTRA GT N LINE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
      As with the exterior and interior, the driving experience has been further enhanced for N Line duty with new suspension and steering tuning, revised powertrain mounts and summer tires. Additionally, Elantra GT N Line’s multi-link independent rear suspension with larger front and rear brake rotors improves noise, vibration harshness and driving performance. 

The Elantra GT N Line includes a 1.6-liter turbocharged-GDI engine with six-speed manual transmission or an optional seven-speed DCT with larger steering wheel mounted paddle shifters. This drivetrain produces 201 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. torque to meet performance and fuel efficiency needs. 
      HYUNDAI SMART SENSE
      Advanced safety features contributed to a Top Safety Pick by IIHS for the 2019 Elantra GT. The following SmartSense features are available on the Elantra GT N Line models:
      Smart Cruise Control with start/stop capability  Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist High Beam Assist Lane Keep Assist Driver Attention Warning  INFOTAINMENT: AUDIO/VIDEO/NAVIGATION (AVN) 5.0 WITH HD TRAFFIC
      Available on the 2019 Elantra N Line is Hyundai’s AVN 5.0 infotainment system. This system features a fast processor for greater responsiveness, as well as an eight-inch screen. Using presets with AVN 5.0 is a snap because AM, FM and SiriusXM channels are combined on one screen. AVN 5.0 also includes HERE HD Traffic (without a subscription), bird’s eye view in Navigation maps and drivers get traffic flow and incident data without ever paying for a subscription via HD Radio.
      The Elantra GT N Line offers a technology package including the aforementioned feature as well as:
      Panoramic sunroof Eight-inch Navigation system (AVN 5.0) Blue Link Connected Car System Ventilated seats Power driver’s seat with lumbar support Infinity Premium Audio with seven speakers including subwoofer (deletes two-stage rear cargo floor) Wireless charging pad (Qi) Smart Cruise Control with start/stop capability Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist High Beam Assist Lane Keep Assist Driver Attention Warning Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Blue Link and HomeLink The Elantra GT N Line also includes a proximity key entry with electronic push button start as standard equipment. PRICING

View full article
    • By William Maley
      It has been talked about for quite sometime, but Hyundai is making it official today at the Detroit Auto Show. The Korean automaker introduced their first N-Line model, the 2019 Elantra GT N-Line.
      N-Line brings forth a number of the exterior design cues and changes to suspension found on the standard N models to the basic models. For the Elantra GT, N-Line will be taking the place of the Sport.
      For the exterior, the N-Line brings a unique front grille, lower front spoiler, blacked-out side mirrors, and 18-inch N-Line wheels. Step inside to find a leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather sport seats with the ’N’ logo, updated instrument cluster, and red accents to help differentiate this model from the standard Elantra GT.
      Under the skin, Hyundai has given the Elantra GT N-Line’s suspension the once-over with stiffer springs, new engine mounts, thicker stability bars, and a set of Michelin PS4 summer tires if you get the six-speed manual. The seven-speed DCT sticks with a set of all-season Hankooks. Hyundai is retaining the turbocharged 1.6L four-cylinder with 201 horsepower and 195 pound-feet.
      Pricing for the 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT N-Line will begin at $24,185 for the manual and $25,285 for the DCT. Prices include an $885 destination charge. You can go to your nearest Hyundai dealer now to check them out.
      Gallery: 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT N-Line
      Hyundai Debuts First U.S. ‘N Line’ Model with 2019 Elantra GT Lineup
      N Line is an exciting new trim level in the Hyundai ‘N’ product portfolio N Line focuses on sporty design cues and refined powertrain/chassis dynamics FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Jan. 14, 2019 - Complementing the performance of Elantra GT is the announcement of the new 2019 Hyundai Elantra GT N Line trim. Elantra GT N Line is the first N Line model for the United States from Hyundai. N Line trims add sporty design elements and refined powertrain/chassis upgrades to existing Hyundai products. N Line is part of Hyundai’s ‘N’ product portfolio that includes the brand’s growing ultimate ‘N’ range of vehicles (Veloster N, i30 N, i30 Fastback N). The 2019 Elantra GT N Line replaces the 2018 Elantra GT Sport and signals more N Line models to come on future Hyundai products. Elantra GT N Line and the 2019 Elantra GT are on sale now.
      The 2019 Elantra GT continues to bring increased utility and enhanced driving dynamics to the compact hatchback segment. Elantra GT and the new N Line trim are poised to compete head-on with hatchback competitors and provide a fun-to-drive alternative to small CUVs. Elantra GT is the best of both worlds.  
      2019 Elantra GT Changes
      New Elantra GT N Line added to the lineup Elantra GT Sport is dropped from the lineup (replaced by the Elantra GT N Line) The entry-level Elantra GT is a carryover model   Panoramic sunroof and leather seating surfaces added to 2019 Elantra GT Style Package “Hyundai N models satisfy the needs of performance-oriented enthusiasts with exclusive, custom-tuned powertrain and chassis applications,” said Thomas Schemera, executive vice president, Hyundai Motor Group’s Product Planning & Strategy Division.” “N Line is designed for those buyers craving N’s sporty styling cues coupled with performance-tuned suspension upgrades, all at compelling price points.”
      Design Elements
      The Elantra GT N Line takes eye-catching design elements directly from the i30 N. At the front, the Elantra GT N Line has a lower front spoiler for increased aerodynamic efficiency and a unique N Line version of Hyundai’s Cascading Grille with a distinctive silver character line. At the side, blacked out side mirrors with turn signals, N Line badging, N Line 18-inch wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 225/40 R18 summer tires change the profile of the car (summer tires are only available with the manual transmission). At the rear, the unique bumper fascia further accentuates the N theme. 
      Standard interior trim for the Elantra GT N Line includes:
      Unique leather-wrapped perforated N steering wheel with metallic spokes N Line leather sport seats with N logo N Line gearshift features sporty metal accents and leather inserts A sporty instrument cluster and instrument panel accents Red stitching and accents differentiate the N Line from the standard Elantra GT N Line Sport Seats
      The N Line sports seats feature heated leather seating surfaces, N logos and red contrast stitching and side bolsters. They also keep the driver comfortable with power lumbar support and extendable seat cushions. 
      Elantra GT N Line mechanical improvements include:

ELANTRA GT N LINE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
      As with the exterior and interior, the driving experience has been further enhanced for N Line duty with new suspension and steering tuning, revised powertrain mounts and summer tires. Additionally, Elantra GT N Line’s multi-link independent rear suspension with larger front and rear brake rotors improves noise, vibration harshness and driving performance. 

The Elantra GT N Line includes a 1.6-liter turbocharged-GDI engine with six-speed manual transmission or an optional seven-speed DCT with larger steering wheel mounted paddle shifters. This drivetrain produces 201 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. torque to meet performance and fuel efficiency needs. 
      HYUNDAI SMART SENSE
      Advanced safety features contributed to a Top Safety Pick by IIHS for the 2019 Elantra GT. The following SmartSense features are available on the Elantra GT N Line models:
      Smart Cruise Control with start/stop capability  Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist High Beam Assist Lane Keep Assist Driver Attention Warning  INFOTAINMENT: AUDIO/VIDEO/NAVIGATION (AVN) 5.0 WITH HD TRAFFIC
      Available on the 2019 Elantra N Line is Hyundai’s AVN 5.0 infotainment system. This system features a fast processor for greater responsiveness, as well as an eight-inch screen. Using presets with AVN 5.0 is a snap because AM, FM and SiriusXM channels are combined on one screen. AVN 5.0 also includes HERE HD Traffic (without a subscription), bird’s eye view in Navigation maps and drivers get traffic flow and incident data without ever paying for a subscription via HD Radio.
      The Elantra GT N Line offers a technology package including the aforementioned feature as well as:
      Panoramic sunroof Eight-inch Navigation system (AVN 5.0) Blue Link Connected Car System Ventilated seats Power driver’s seat with lumbar support Infinity Premium Audio with seven speakers including subwoofer (deletes two-stage rear cargo floor) Wireless charging pad (Qi) Smart Cruise Control with start/stop capability Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist High Beam Assist Lane Keep Assist Driver Attention Warning Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Blue Link and HomeLink The Elantra GT N Line also includes a proximity key entry with electronic push button start as standard equipment. PRICING

• By William Maley
      Hyundai isn’t the first brand you think of being in the business of racing, at least in the U.S. Elsewhere in the World, the Korean automaker has been making its mark known in various series such as the World Rally Championship and the World Touring Car Championship with the likes of the i20 subcompact and i30 N. Soon, Hyundai will be taking on the U.S. Racing series with the introduction of the Veloster N TCR.
      The model was developed at Hyundai Motorsport Headquarters in Alzenau, Germany. According to the company, the Veloster N TCR shares about 85 percent of the core components with the i30 N TCR, including the turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with 350 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed sequential gearbox routes power to the front wheels. The TCR version of the Veloster N is wild beast in terms of looks with large fenders, lower grille, and a massive rear wing. 
      Hyundai has chosen Bryan Herta Autosport to campaign the Veloster N TCR in this year’s MICHELIN Pilot Challenge, along with handling the sales and support for those who want to purchase one. Bryan Herta Autosport has a fair amount of experience with Hyundai as they took home with the manufactures championship in the 2018 Pirelli World Challenge season with the i30 N.
      Pricing for the Veloster N TCR will begin at €135,000 with shipping (about $154,697 at the time of this writing) for those who want to campaign in their race series of choice. Those who want to see the car in action only need to wait a couple of weeks as the Veloster N TCR will be running at Daytona International Speedway for the first round of the MICHELIN Pilot Challenge.
      Gallery: Hyundai Veloster N TCR
      Hyundai Veloster N Race Car Makes World Debut at North America International Auto Show 
      Bryan Herta Autosport will race the new Veloster N in the 2019 IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge series DETROIT, Jan. 14, 2019 – With a new generation of Hyundai owners buying the high-performance Veloster N as cars hit dealer lots, Hyundai fuels the excitement even further today with the debut the Veloster N TCR race car at the North American International Auto Show. The Veloster N TCR joins the fierce competition in the 2019 International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) MICHELIN Pilot Challenge. At North America’s premier racetracks, it will line up on the grid alongside the Honda Civic Type R TCR, Volkswagen GTI TCR, and the Audi RS3 LMS TCR.
      Hyundai Motor America adds the Veloster N TCR to its championship-winning customer motorsports program operated by Bryan Herta Autosport. Herta’s team will prepare two 350-horsepower Veloster N TCRs for the upcoming season. One car will be piloted by Hyundai TCR veterans Michael Lewis and Mark Wilkins, while the team’s second entry will be driven by team newcomers Mason Filippi, age 20, and Harry Gottsacker, age 18. 
      "The Veloster is a perfect fit for the IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge as we expand our motorsports efforts,” said Dean Evans, vice president, Marketing, Hyundai Motor America. “The all-new 2019 Veloster and Veloster N are playful, fun-to-drive cars, and thanks to Bryan and his team we’re excited to introduce them to racing fans across North America. In 2018, we won a manufacturer’s championship, so it is great to get back to racing with our proven veterans, a pair of great young drivers, and this brand-new car.”
      “The success we had last year with the i30 N TCR inspired us to expand Hyundai’s motorsports program and bring the Veloster N TCR into a tougher series with longer races and more experienced drivers,” said Bryan Herta, president and CEO of Bryan Herta Autosport. “Transforming the Veloster’s lightweight, rigid architecture into an endurance race car will help us build credibility for Hyundai’s growing N brand and bolster the reverse-halo effect that the Veloster brings to Hyundai’s diverse vehicle lineup. We can’t wait to get this new car out on the track and into competition.”
      2019 IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge Schedule
      The 2019 IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge Season spans 10 rounds at tracks across North America. The season kicks off on January 25 at Daytona International Speedway.  

Veloster N TCR Race Car
      The Veloster N TCR was designed by the same Hyundai Motorsport Customer Racing Team that developed the championship-winning i30 N TCR. Like its i30 stablemate, the Veloster N TCR is produced at Hyundai Motorsport Headquarters in Alzenau, Germany. The two cars share around 85 percent of their core components, including the 350-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged engine.
      The Veloster N TCR is part of the ongoing rollout of the Hyundai N brand globally, and addresses requests of Hyundai Motorsport customer teams in select national markets where the i30 N TCR race car was in competition, but the i30 N road car was not part of a region’s production-vehicle model range. The addition of the Veloster N TCR to the customer motorsports lineup gives teams in national markets where the Veloster N road car is available a more relevant platform for their respective audiences.
      Both Veloster N TCR and i30 N TCR are fully homologated for competition in officially sanctioned TCR series. Priority for initial Veloster N TCR deliveries, however, will go to customer teams in markets where the Veloster N road car is offered.
      BRYAN HERTA AUTOSPORT TO PROVIDE U.S. SALES AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
      In the United States, Bryan Herta Autosport is the designated sales agent for Hyundai TCR customer race cars. The Veloster N TCR can be ordered for €135,000* plus shipping, with customer deliveries set to begin in March 2019.
      Bryan Herta Autosport will also provide technical assistance, spares, and parts support to teams campaigning Hyundai TCR models in the U.S.
      * NOTE: US pricing is dependent on exchange rates, which are subject to fluctuation. Based on current rates, for example, the Veloster N TCR would retail for approximately $155,000 plus shipping.
      HYUNDAI BACKS CUSTOMER TEAMS WITH CONTINGENCY AWARDS PROGRAM
      As Hyundai Motorsports heads into its second year of North American competition, Hyundai Motor America announces that it will support customer teams in the 2019 IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge and 2019 Blancpain GT World Challenge with optional contingency awards programs in each series. Participating teams will be eligible for contingency payouts for each 2019 race based on IMSA or Blancpain GT World Challenge race results and eligibility requirements.
      In the IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge, both the Veloster N TCR and i30 N TCR are eligible. In Blancpain GT World Challenge, the eligible vehicles are the Hyundai i30 N TCR, Veloster N TCR, and, in the TC class, the Veloster N. 

HYUNDAI VELOSTER N TCR TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
      Engine
      Type:             Hyundai Motorsport 2.0-liter direct-injection turbocharged
      Power (Max):        350 hp @ 7000 rpm 
      Torque (Max):        332 lb.-ft. @ 3500 rpm
      Electronics:         Life Racing ECU and power management system

Transmission
      Type:             Front-wheel drive
      Gearbox:         Six-speed sequential gearbox with pneumatic paddle-shift
      Differential:         Mechanical with external pre-load adjuster
      Clutch:             AP Racing Cerametallic twin-disc 

Cockpit
      Seats:             Sabelt competition seats
      Belts:             Sabelt six-point HANS compatible
      Instrumentation:        Life Racing compact configurable driver’s display

Chassis
      Front suspension:    MacPherson struts with adjustable dampers
      Rear suspension:     Four-arm multi-link with adjustable dampers
      Steering:         Hydraulic power-assisted rack and pinion
      Front Brakes:     380mm ventilated brake discs with Hyundai Motorsport-branded six-piston Brembo calipers
      Rear Brakes:        278mm brake discs with two-piston calipers
      Handbrake:         Hydraulic control
      Wheels:     10x18 inch aerodynamic Braid rims, designed for Hyundai Motorsport 
      Bodywork
      Structure:         Hyundai Motorsport designed lightweight high-tensile steel roll cage
      Bodywork:        Steel and composite fiber panels 
      Length:            4,450mm
      Wheelbase:        2,650mm
      Width:            1,950mm
      Track Width:        1,610mm
      Fuel Tank Capacity:     100 liters
      Weight:         1,285kg minimum (including driver)*

Price
      €135,000 (approximately $155,000 in U.S. per current exchange rates)
      *mandated by TCR regulations

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Hyundai isn’t the first brand you think of being in the business of racing, at least in the U.S. Elsewhere in the World, the Korean automaker has been making its mark known in various series such as the World Rally Championship and the World Touring Car Championship with the likes of the i20 subcompact and i30 N. Soon, Hyundai will be taking on the U.S. Racing series with the introduction of the Veloster N TCR.
      The model was developed at Hyundai Motorsport Headquarters in Alzenau, Germany. According to the company, the Veloster N TCR shares about 85 percent of the core components with the i30 N TCR, including the turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with 350 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed sequential gearbox routes power to the front wheels. The TCR version of the Veloster N is wild beast in terms of looks with large fenders, lower grille, and a massive rear wing. 
      Hyundai has chosen Bryan Herta Autosport to campaign the Veloster N TCR in this year’s MICHELIN Pilot Challenge, along with handling the sales and support for those who want to purchase one. Bryan Herta Autosport has a fair amount of experience with Hyundai as they took home with the manufactures championship in the 2018 Pirelli World Challenge season with the i30 N.
      Pricing for the Veloster N TCR will begin at €135,000 with shipping (about $154,697 at the time of this writing) for those who want to campaign in their race series of choice. Those who want to see the car in action only need to wait a couple of weeks as the Veloster N TCR will be running at Daytona International Speedway for the first round of the MICHELIN Pilot Challenge.
      Gallery: Hyundai Veloster N TCR
      Hyundai Veloster N Race Car Makes World Debut at North America International Auto Show 
      Bryan Herta Autosport will race the new Veloster N in the 2019 IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge series DETROIT, Jan. 14, 2019 – With a new generation of Hyundai owners buying the high-performance Veloster N as cars hit dealer lots, Hyundai fuels the excitement even further today with the debut the Veloster N TCR race car at the North American International Auto Show. The Veloster N TCR joins the fierce competition in the 2019 International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) MICHELIN Pilot Challenge. At North America’s premier racetracks, it will line up on the grid alongside the Honda Civic Type R TCR, Volkswagen GTI TCR, and the Audi RS3 LMS TCR.
      Hyundai Motor America adds the Veloster N TCR to its championship-winning customer motorsports program operated by Bryan Herta Autosport. Herta’s team will prepare two 350-horsepower Veloster N TCRs for the upcoming season. One car will be piloted by Hyundai TCR veterans Michael Lewis and Mark Wilkins, while the team’s second entry will be driven by team newcomers Mason Filippi, age 20, and Harry Gottsacker, age 18. 
      "The Veloster is a perfect fit for the IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge as we expand our motorsports efforts,” said Dean Evans, vice president, Marketing, Hyundai Motor America. “The all-new 2019 Veloster and Veloster N are playful, fun-to-drive cars, and thanks to Bryan and his team we’re excited to introduce them to racing fans across North America. In 2018, we won a manufacturer’s championship, so it is great to get back to racing with our proven veterans, a pair of great young drivers, and this brand-new car.”
      “The success we had last year with the i30 N TCR inspired us to expand Hyundai’s motorsports program and bring the Veloster N TCR into a tougher series with longer races and more experienced drivers,” said Bryan Herta, president and CEO of Bryan Herta Autosport. “Transforming the Veloster’s lightweight, rigid architecture into an endurance race car will help us build credibility for Hyundai’s growing N brand and bolster the reverse-halo effect that the Veloster brings to Hyundai’s diverse vehicle lineup. We can’t wait to get this new car out on the track and into competition.”
      2019 IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge Schedule
      The 2019 IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge Season spans 10 rounds at tracks across North America. The season kicks off on January 25 at Daytona International Speedway.  

Veloster N TCR Race Car
      The Veloster N TCR was designed by the same Hyundai Motorsport Customer Racing Team that developed the championship-winning i30 N TCR. Like its i30 stablemate, the Veloster N TCR is produced at Hyundai Motorsport Headquarters in Alzenau, Germany. The two cars share around 85 percent of their core components, including the 350-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged engine.
      The Veloster N TCR is part of the ongoing rollout of the Hyundai N brand globally, and addresses requests of Hyundai Motorsport customer teams in select national markets where the i30 N TCR race car was in competition, but the i30 N road car was not part of a region’s production-vehicle model range. The addition of the Veloster N TCR to the customer motorsports lineup gives teams in national markets where the Veloster N road car is available a more relevant platform for their respective audiences.
      Both Veloster N TCR and i30 N TCR are fully homologated for competition in officially sanctioned TCR series. Priority for initial Veloster N TCR deliveries, however, will go to customer teams in markets where the Veloster N road car is offered.
      BRYAN HERTA AUTOSPORT TO PROVIDE U.S. SALES AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
      In the United States, Bryan Herta Autosport is the designated sales agent for Hyundai TCR customer race cars. The Veloster N TCR can be ordered for €135,000* plus shipping, with customer deliveries set to begin in March 2019.
      Bryan Herta Autosport will also provide technical assistance, spares, and parts support to teams campaigning Hyundai TCR models in the U.S.
      * NOTE: US pricing is dependent on exchange rates, which are subject to fluctuation. Based on current rates, for example, the Veloster N TCR would retail for approximately $155,000 plus shipping.
      HYUNDAI BACKS CUSTOMER TEAMS WITH CONTINGENCY AWARDS PROGRAM
      As Hyundai Motorsports heads into its second year of North American competition, Hyundai Motor America announces that it will support customer teams in the 2019 IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge and 2019 Blancpain GT World Challenge with optional contingency awards programs in each series. Participating teams will be eligible for contingency payouts for each 2019 race based on IMSA or Blancpain GT World Challenge race results and eligibility requirements.
      In the IMSA MICHELIN Pilot Challenge, both the Veloster N TCR and i30 N TCR are eligible. In Blancpain GT World Challenge, the eligible vehicles are the Hyundai i30 N TCR, Veloster N TCR, and, in the TC class, the Veloster N. 

HYUNDAI VELOSTER N TCR TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
      Engine
      Type:             Hyundai Motorsport 2.0-liter direct-injection turbocharged
      Power (Max):        350 hp @ 7000 rpm 
      Torque (Max):        332 lb.-ft. @ 3500 rpm
      Electronics:         Life Racing ECU and power management system

Transmission
      Type:             Front-wheel drive
      Gearbox:         Six-speed sequential gearbox with pneumatic paddle-shift
      Differential:         Mechanical with external pre-load adjuster
      Clutch:             AP Racing Cerametallic twin-disc 

Cockpit
      Seats:             Sabelt competition seats
      Belts:             Sabelt six-point HANS compatible
      Instrumentation:        Life Racing compact configurable driver’s display

Chassis
      Front suspension:    MacPherson struts with adjustable dampers
      Rear suspension:     Four-arm multi-link with adjustable dampers
      Steering:         Hydraulic power-assisted rack and pinion
      Front Brakes:     380mm ventilated brake discs with Hyundai Motorsport-branded six-piston Brembo calipers
      Rear Brakes:        278mm brake discs with two-piston calipers
      Handbrake:         Hydraulic control
      Wheels:     10x18 inch aerodynamic Braid rims, designed for Hyundai Motorsport 
      Bodywork
      Structure:         Hyundai Motorsport designed lightweight high-tensile steel roll cage
      Bodywork:        Steel and composite fiber panels 
      Length:            4,450mm
      Wheelbase:        2,650mm
      Width:            1,950mm
      Track Width:        1,610mm
      Fuel Tank Capacity:     100 liters
      Weight:         1,285kg minimum (including driver)*

Price
      €135,000 (approximately $155,000 in U.S. per current exchange rates)
      *mandated by TCR regulations

• By William Maley
      What's the next step after heads-up display (HUD)? If you ask Hyundai, it may be holographic augmented reality (AR) display on the windshield.
      This week at the Consumer Electronics Show, Hyundai and Swiss startup WayRay showed off a Genesis G80 equipped with a holographic AR navigation system. Unlike current HUD systems that reflects the image onto the windshield via an LCD screen mounted on the dash, the system being shown at CES displays the image directly through the windshield. WayRay's current setup displays navigation, along with driver-assistance alerts like lane departure and forward collision warning.
      "The driver can enjoy vivid and precise holographic images without wearing a headset. The direction of movement is kept precise through the vehicle speed in real-time, and projecting navigational alerts through the windshield onto the road allows drivers to navigate safely while looking ahead undistracted," Hyundai said in a statement.
      Hyundai didn't say if something like this could appear in future models, but WayRay has gotten investments from a number of automakers to continue with the development of this system.

Hyundai Motor Group and WayRay Unveil Next-Generation Visual Technology at CES 2019
      The Next-generation Visual Technology provides drivers with navigational and ADAS features to enhance their in-car experiences HMG aims to secure leadership in the holographic AR display industry that is expecting average annual growth of 30% The strategic partnership is helping HMG to lead the way in various tech-enhanced automotive developments and achieve its vision for future mobility Las Vegas, Jan. 08, 2019 — Hyundai Motor Group, in collaboration with Swiss deep-tech startup company WayRay AG, has unveiled the world’s first Holographic Augmented Reality (AR) Navigation System equipped in the Genesis G80 at CES 2019. The technology will be on display at the WayRay booth 3110, Las Vegas Convention Center’s North Hall, throughout CES 2019. 
      Hyundai CRADLE, the hub for Hyundai’s open innovation business, decided to strategically invest in WayRay last September in recognition of its leadership in holographic AR technology and its future growth potential. Prior to this initial investment, Hyundai Motor Group had been conducting its own preliminary research on applying holographic technology to vehicles in early 2017 and later expanded its commitment to producing quality parts with WayRay. The two parties have continued to develop holographic AR navigation technology in mass-produced vehicles, with long-term road tests in South Korea to minimize system errors. 
      “This demo car is the first step of the proof of concent (PoC), but is an important step towards technology driven innovation,” said Yunseong Hwang, Director of Open Innovation Business Group from Hyundai Motor Group. “Future mobility windshields will be more than just a piece of glass. AR holographic powered glass will serve as a platform to provide new services and open up new in-vehicle experiences.”
      The biggest advantage of a holographic AR navigation system built into the vehicle is that the stereoscopic image is displayed on the actual road and appropriately adjusted in accordance with the specific viewing angle of the driver, thereby delivering accurate driving guidance. The driver can enjoy vivid and precise holographic images without wearing a headset. The direction of movement is kept precise through the vehicle speed in real-time, and projecting navigational alerts throughthe windshield onto the road allows drivers to navigate safely while looking ahead undistracted. 
      Additionally, while conventional head-up display (HUD) units project a reflected image indirectly through an LCD screen mounted on the dashboard, the holographic AR display projects an image through the windshield. 
      WayRay’s display shows not only navigational features — such as lane guidance, destination points, and current speed — in augmented reality, but also incorporates ADAS features like lane departure warnings and forward collision warnings. The virtual image of 1,310mm x 3,152mm is projected at a distance of 15m from the driver’s eyes; Hyundai Motor Group has refurbished its HUD to fit WayRay’s system and offer the optimized solution to drivers. 
      The two parties will continue to work closely together to expand holographic AR technology to display people, objects, buses, bicycle lanes, and crosswalks, and additionally, further develop advanced ADAS functions such as a rear side warning system and the Highway Driving Assist (HDA) system.  
      In addition, they expect the incorporation of V2X (Vehicle to Everything) technology and connectivity features will allow data such as traffic signals, surrounding vehicle information, as well as road or weather conditions, to be provided in real time. 
      “As the automotive market is undergoing a profound AR technology-driven transformation, major automakers are quickly adopting AR solutions to find another competitive edge,” said Vitaly Ponomarev, CEO of WayRay. “I believe the strong partnership with Hyundai will help us scale up our deep-tech innovation to build customer-centric solutions at a meaningful scale and make driving more comfortable and safe for everyone.” 
      Hyundai Motor and Kia Motors are concentrating their research and development resources on acquiring AR navigation and other related technologies to improve upon and accelerate the next generation of displays and connected vehicles. Not only will this disruptive technology help Hyundai Motor Group achieve its vision of a more integrated and seamless blending of automotive technologies, but also assist in developing other closely related areas of interest such as wearable robots, smart-buildings, smart-cities and a plethora of other exciting possibilities.

View full article
  • My Clubs