Jump to content
William Maley

Ford News: Rumorpile: Won't Be Long Till We See the Next F-150

Recommended Posts

Off-Road.com has obtained a product timeline that reveals Ford's launches for the upcoming year and the big news is that a new F-150 appears to be around the corner.

The timeline reveals that the next-generation Ford Explorer will be launched first, most likely at Detroit. We have reported that the new model would be using a new modular rear-wheel drive platform. Next up is the new F-150. We don't know what Ford has in store aside from a hybrid powertrain. But considering both General Motors and Ram introducing redesigned trucks this year, we're expecting Ford to fight back hard.

Last, but not least is the Bronco. Off-Road speculates this model will appear in 2020 as a 2021 model year vehicle.

Source: Off-Road.com


View full article

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect GM, Ford, RAM will have to change out every 3-5 years now for competition and to keep it fresh as 7-10 years is stale and will not be accepted any longer.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet the 2.3 Ecoboost is coming as the base engine.  I suspect the 2.7 and 3.5 V6's will carry over, I could see them dropping the V8 because the Navigator V6 is more powerful than the 5.0 V8.  I would be shocked if there isn't some electrification going on also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The F-150 is now the oldest of the big-3 + Nissan, but it certainly doesn't feel like it. they could probably get away with selling the current version a few more years.... especially while GM product package planners have their heads up their asses.  RAM is the one they need to watch out for. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see where they go with the next F150 styling wise..the '18 MCE improved the front over the '15, but it's still a bit overwrought..I wonder if they will try and out ugly Chevy....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

It will be interesting to see where they go with the next F150 styling wise..the '18 MCE improved the front over the '15, but it's still a bit overwrought..I wonder if they will try and out ugly Chevy....

The Chevy only really looks great in High Country trim.  I love the Denali, but aside from that, the GMCs are meh. RAM is conservative and handsome. F-150 is the standard though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ram just won a Car and Driver comparison between the 3 by a wide margin.  Seems like Ram has their act in order, plus an inline six on the way.

Ford should bring back the F150 Lightning with a Shelby GT500 engine in there.  Or even better a GT350 engine in the Lightning and GT500 motor in a Lightning SVT.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The Chevy only really looks great in High Country trim.  I love the Denali, but aside from that, the GMCs are meh. RAM is conservative and handsome. F-150 is the standard though. 

The F150 I actually really like...but I like the Super Duty trucks even more.

32 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

The Ram just won a Car and Driver comparison between the 3 by a wide margin.  Seems like Ram has their act in order, plus an inline six on the way.

Ford should bring back the F150 Lightning with a Shelby GT500 engine in there.  Or even better a GT350 engine in the Lightning and GT500 motor in a Lightning SVT.

Hell yes...I like the way you think here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Maybe it will go back to steel

with your luck, not only it will continue to have aluminium, but it might gain electric motorbility.

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

with your luck, not only it will continue to have aluminium, but it might gain electric motorbility.

That would be a bad move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1999-Ford-SVT-F-150-Lightning-neg-3-AR-2

I would keep the simple look with the body kit, lowered suspension.  But I would probably ditch the step side for a regular bed, and I would offer it in extended cab only.  I think 2 seater anything is a hard sell and a 4 door would be too big and defeat the purpose of being a sport truck.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This generation F150 and the previous have a very similar shape in general. I get it, they’re trucks but the way that they have straight body panels, few curves, headlights pushed all the way to the corners, the dive in the belt line...it almost has a relaxing continuity. I think the next F150 will build on that theme of recycling aluminum and design themes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ford ace in the hole is variation; keeping the regular cab is a cornerstone, esp as other brands forsake it. If Ford discontinues multiple car lines, I expect the truck lines to widen in choice.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, balthazar said:

Ford ace in the hole is variation; keeping the regular cab is a cornerstone, esp as other brands forsake it. If Ford discontinues multiple car lines, I expect the truck lines to widen in choice.

One can only hope.  Also I much prefer a suicide door set-up on extended cabs, v. what GM and Dodge have done with the tiny front-hinged doors.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The Chevy only really looks great in High Country trim.  I love the Denali, but aside from that, the GMCs are meh. RAM is conservative and handsome. F-150 is the standard though. 

We are completely opposite here.. The GMC's look so much better than the Silverados. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

We are completely opposite here.. The GMC's look so much better than the Silverados. 

The fender and grille shapes are simpler on the GMCs--they don't have all that front corner weirdness going on that the Chevys have...wonder how the HD GMCs will look. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

We are completely opposite here.. The GMC's look so much better than the Silverados. 

No, we agree. I don't really like the Chevys at all.  High-Country trim gets a pass.  The GMCs aren't as bad as the Chevys, but I like the '17s more than the '19s.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

No, we agree. I don't really like the Chevys at all.  High-Country trim gets a pass.  The GMCs aren't as bad as the Chevys, but I like the '17s more than the '19s.

And here, out of character, I really like Ford....all of the F series look really good IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

And here, out of character, I really like Ford....all of the F series look really good IMHO.

Hahaha I think the '18 refresh for the Ford looks worse than the '15-'17's. I think it is 100% the color of the grills most of the time. They're either chrome(no thanks) or a weird silver that doesn't match anything..

The Sport grille would be next as it's dark but most of them just look just a tad off to me. Even the body colored ones, which I usually like the most, look weird. 

I think this is the only one that legitimately looks great to me.

F150.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The light clusters are just way too large on any of the Fords, with the Super Duty being the worst. 

 

Edited by Robert Hall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

No, we agree. I don't really like the Chevys at all.  High-Country trim gets a pass.  The GMCs aren't as bad as the Chevys, but I like the '17s more than the '19s.

Ohhhhh I gotcha I gotcha. I misread your first comment. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Hahaha I think the '18 refresh for the Ford looks worse than the '15-'17's. I think it is 100% the color of the grills most of the time. They're either chrome(no thanks) or a weird silver that doesn't match anything..

The Sport grille would be next as it's dark but most of them just look just a tad off to me. Even the body colored ones, which I usually like the most, look weird. 

I think this is the only one that legitimately looks great to me.

F150.jpg

I am not expecting a pickup truck to look good like 69 GTO Convertible good...just rugged and stylish. I think the Ford F series lineup does this in spades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×