GM News: Mark Reuss Takes On Role of President of GM

9 hours ago, dfelt said:

Thank you for posting, I wish APPLE would follow industry standards, MOV format just does not play on anything well except apple, lucky for me I have the VCL player installed.

WOW, just $20 to fill up, amazing, I honestly cannot remember ever filling up an auto for less than $65 to 70 dollars or more. Cool, so 10 gallons in a minute for what an estimated 300 mile range? Cool.

I just plug in my auto at night once I get it and every morning the tank will be full. ;) 

Yeah, I wasn't sure how well that would upload..

Haha gas has dropped to under $2/gal here. $1.94/gal is what I paid yesterday. I average about 32mpg so a full tank is worth about 350 miles, on average. 

I read that the flow rate of gas pumps are between 10-11 gallons per minute, fwiw. 

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”  Henry Ford

Had not been for the supposed cancellation of the CT6 after getting a brand new lease on life with the BlackWing, I don't think that people would have worried so much. But in truth we really haven't the slightest idea if the CT6 is really leaving, as there is a possibility that Detroit-Ham may still be kept open, or if the BlackWing is simply being offered in the CT6 before Cadillac gets a different car based flagship. Let's be honest... as great as the CT6 is, Caddy really hobbled it with that name. It could be simply a diversion to a new name.. or naming scheme all around. GM has spent billion recently tho, on not only the 4.2L, but the new Truck engines.. a new Vette engine.. updated architectures on its V6s and 4cylin.. so I don't think that they are going anywhere completely in the next decade.. BUT!!!

We now have Tesla, Rivian and Atlis. All working on introducing EV trucks in the next few years. That last one.. Atlis is offering 500 miles, 15 minute full charge, and 20,000 tow capacity ATLIS LINK. Why would GM or Ford.. or VW.. want to be left on the sidelines for the sake of the enthusiast.. who is quickly becoming a rarity anyway. Just an example of that is that my business is an IT company with a division that also does custom PCs. Gaming systems are a growing sector.. I have 20 something and 30 something Gamers contracting with us for $5K-$9K computer systems, but they own a used 8  year old Honda Civic or catch Uber everywhere. This is a fact.

So the biggest thing I see is that GM is not killing the ICE alone. We are. Our changing needs, and the simple fact that growing populations all over the world are buying dirty cars that are polluting the air. Have U seen China? FUKK that place. Plus.. When U get down to it,  the reality is that the technology is evolving to a state that within the next  5 years one can easily see charging taking place in the same time as a fill-up. 

None of us know the pains and great compromises that these people make being "car guys" while being beholden to Gov't mandates, Stock-Holder desires, employee job security, and actual consumer demand. I consider myself a "Car Guy, a level above most," but at the same time I throw in, when playing "Fantasy Car Company God," throw in the Minivans, which I despise, hatches, which I loath, CUVs which do little for me, Hybrids, which make me cringe.. with the 1000hp wedge shapes lined in leather and able to phase thru solid objects or at the very least, when traffic presents itself, turn wheels into flippable thrusters to lift me up a 100ft in the air and jettison me to my destination at the speed of light. (Think that Delorean at the end of Back to the Future) Then reality kicks in, and I realize that I need to build vehicles that the actual buying public wants. Witness a few things that happened this year over at GM, and despite what some may say, they have actually done a damn great job at keeping the ship, not only afloat, but moving full speed ahead.

They are currently sitting at about $7 Billion in profits, not even including Q4 for 2018. Just a decade ago, who would have thought. All the enthusiast vehicles Bob and Rick signed off on pre-BK did nothing to save GM from going to Washington on Jets and asking for a loan. I think Reuss and Barra have the right idea. They are attempting to move GM into a future that doesn't depend on oil. They are delving deep into new technologies.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

And you are living in the 20th century where they will be the norm forever...so one of you is living in a far off land and one of you is living in a former Century.

As far as Wieners go, I like ?Dirty Franks here in Columbus, great selection of hot dogs. If you folks ever come by, I will treat you to a dog there and an Cold beverage of your choice!

http://dirtyfrankshotdogs.com/

Linky to Dirty franks.

I would like to preorder the Slappy Pappy's Supper Sloppy and The Dirty Sancho with a Dr. Pepper.

Gonna have to make two trips as I also want to try The Doginator along with The Texas Tommy with the Salty Dog! :P 

43 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Sounds tasty.   Charlie's Dog House is a couple miles from me here in Cleveland, tasty hot dogs.

eat2-charlies_copy.jpg

On the subject of gas stations and filling up, I encountered a pump last week that took about a minute a gallon...after 10 min, I had put in 10 gallons and gave up.  Slowest pump I've ever seen. 

Hot Dogs :P 

Sounds like a very dirty filter on their pump system. That is how one can tell if a station maintains their pumps or not, slow filling is a clear sign their filters are clogging up with contaminants.

11 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure how well that would upload..

Haha gas has dropped to under $2/gal here. $1.94/gal is what I paid yesterday. I average about 32mpg so a full tank is worth about 350 miles, on average. 

I read that the flow rate of gas pumps are between 10-11 gallons per minute, fwiw. 

WOW, Wish gas was that cheap here, Course flow rate is heavily dictated on maintenance of the system and how dirty the filters are for pumping the gas from the holding tanks into an auto. I have seen some very slow systems which would make me think twice about fueling as I would worry about water in the system on top of all the sediment.

Washington state average:

Regular        Mid-grade    Premium    Diesel

Washington $3.014 $3.234 $3.374 $3.246
11 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”  Henry Ford

Had not been for the supposed cancellation of the CT6 after getting a brand new lease on life with the BlackWing, I don't think that people would have worried so much. But in truth we really haven't the slightest idea if the CT6 is really leaving, as there is a possibility that Detroit-Ham may still be kept open, or if the BlackWing is simply being offered in the CT6 before Cadillac gets a different car based flagship. Let's be honest... as great as the CT6 is, Caddy really hobbled it with that name. It could be simply a diversion to a new name.. or naming scheme all around. GM has spent billion recently tho, on not only the 4.2L, but the new Truck engines.. a new Vette engine.. updated architectures on its V6s and 4cylin.. so I don't think that they are going anywhere completely in the next decade.. BUT!!!

We now have Tesla, Rivian and Atlis. All working on introducing EV trucks in the next few years. That last one.. Atlis is offering 500 miles, 15 minute full charge, and 20,000 tow capacity ATLIS LINK. Why would GM or Ford.. or VW.. want to be left on the sidelines for the sake of the enthusiast.. who is quickly becoming a rarity anyway. Just an example of that is that my business is an IT company with a division that also does custom PCs. Gaming systems are a growing sector.. I have 20 something and 30 something Gamers contracting with us for $5K-$9K computer systems, but they own a used 8  year old Honda Civic or catch Uber everywhere. This is a fact.

So the biggest thing I see is that GM is not killing the ICE alone. We are. Our changing needs, and the simple fact that growing populations all over the world are buying dirty cars that are polluting the air. Have U seen China? FUKK that place. Plus.. When U get down to it,  the reality is that the technology is evolving to a state that within the next  5 years one can easily see charging taking place in the same time as a fill-up. 

None of us know the pains and great compromises that these people make being "car guys" while being beholden to Gov't mandates, Stock-Holder desires, employee job security, and actual consumer demand. I consider myself a "Car Guy, a level above most," but at the same time I throw in, when playing "Fantasy Car Company God," throw in the Minivans, which I despise, hatches, which I loath, CUVs which do little for me, Hybrids, which make me cringe.. with the 1000hp wedge shapes lined in leather and able to phase thru solid objects or at the very least, when traffic presents itself, turn wheels into flippable thrusters to lift me up a 100ft in the air and jettison me to my destination at the speed of light. (Think that Delorean at the end of Back to the Future) Then reality kicks in, and I realize that I need to build vehicles that the actual buying public wants. Witness a few things that happened this year over at GM, and despite what some may say, they have actually done a damn great job at keeping the ship, not only afloat, but moving full speed ahead.

They are currently sitting at about $7 Billion in profits, not even including Q4 for 2018. Just a decade ago, who would have thought. All the enthusiast vehicles Bob and Rick signed off on pre-BK did nothing to save GM from going to Washington on Jets and asking for a loan. I think Reuss and Barra have the right idea. They are attempting to move GM into a future that doesn't depend on oil. They are delving deep into new technologies.

So True! :metal:

My wife liked the Rivian but was not thrilled by it, after seeing the Atlis pickup, she said she can see us owning and driving one. She is a very hands on person before spending money. Not a virtual person and is not a tech person at all as I have huge support with her and tech, so once the Atlis is in production, she wants to go see it in person. That could be the next auto in the driveway.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, dfelt said:

WOW, Wish gas was that cheap here, Course flow rate is heavily dictated on maintenance of the system and how dirty the filters are for pumping the gas from the holding tanks into an auto. I have seen some very slow systems which would make me think twice about fueling as I would worry about water in the system on top of all the sediment.

Washington state average:

Regular        Mid-grade    Premium    Diesel

Washington $3.014 $3.234 $3.374 $3.246

Holy crap those prices are pretty nuts in comparison. 

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Holy crap those prices are pretty nuts in comparison. 

Seattle though does have one of the highest college educated workforces in the country based on % to population and as such it also goes with higher income so as the state pushes to go all EV, gas prices are heavily taxed here.

The average salary in Seattle, Washington is $69,366. Trends in wages are down 0 percent as of Q3 2018. The cost of living in Seattle is 48.8 percent higher than the national average. The most popular occupations in Seattle are Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer (SDE), and Senior Software Engineer which pay between $101,160 and $127,723 per year.
www.payscale.com/research/US/Location=Seattle-WA/Hourly_Rate

Thank you Amazon for pushing up the cost of everything. :P 

3 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Seattle though does have one of the highest college educated workforces in the country based on % to population and as such it also goes with higher income so as the state pushes to go all EV, gas prices are heavily taxed here.

The average salary in Seattle, Washington is $69,366. Trends in wages are down 0 percent as of Q3 2018. The cost of living in Seattle is 48.8 percent higher than the national average. The most popular occupations in Seattle are Software Engineer, Software Development Engineer (SDE), and Senior Software Engineer which pay between $101,160 and $127,723 per year.
www.payscale.com/research/US/Location=Seattle-WA/Hourly_Rate

Thank you Amazon for pushing up the cost of everything. :P 

How did you get that information? I tried fiddling with that site and couldn't find regional information like you found. Mine, more or less, asks me about specific jobs and what I'm looking for. 

11 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

How did you get that information? I tried fiddling with that site and couldn't find regional information like you found. Mine, more or less, asks me about specific jobs and what I'm looking for. 

Here ya go my friend:

FYI, I use BING and always state to search for "What is the average Salary for St. Louis Missouri?" You can use that exact same statement for any city / state and it grabs the info for you unlike Google that gives weird results. Microsoft has really stepped up their search engine game.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=What is average salary for St. Louis Missouri&cbir=sbi&imageBin=&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=what is average salary for st. louis missouri&sc=1-45&sk=&cvid=85CCAD625AEE44278B930A69855C570B 

The average salary in St. Louis, Missouri is $52,568. Trends in wages are going up with a 0.4 percent increase over last quarter as of Q3 2018. The cost of living in St. Louis is 5.9 percent lower than the national average. Popular jobs in St. Louis include Operations Manager, Mechanical Engineer, and Software Engineer which pay between $61,343 and $71,489 annually.
www.payscale.com/research/US/Location=St.-Louis-MO/Salary
  • Thanks 1