Can't decide.

I'm prepping this car for paint....and having difficulty deciding what

color to go with, I asked the car, it does not know either.

It's not the coolest or fastest, but I really like it. Dark gray interior...

I only know it can't be white. I'm interested to know what others think.

If it was your car, what color(s) would you choose and why?

What is the best color~

Posted Image

On that car, I'd say black. I know cost is an issue, but following the 2-tone theme, you could do black on top following along the crease/beltline, and red on the bottom half.

What kind of look are you going for? Just a basic respray? Or are you going to be really into details and whatnot and want it really clean and showcar worthy?

Black with Silver racing stripes or Sunset Orange Metallic. I saw one that body style that was two tone with 2 shades of burgandy. The one on top was darker than the one on bottom seperated by a pin stripe of related color. With that dark gray interior, you are not limited. It wouldn't hurt to stop by your paint retailer and request the DuPont house of Kolor catelog and pick out some samples.

I don't know the WA number, but I would go with Superior Blue, the recent GM color available on Impala/Monte Carlo/Colorado. I would not go with black because it shows any little imperfection in the bodywork. Black SS-style stripes up and over would look good with the blue though.

I'd go with the two-tone color, but in a more conservative fashion. I was quickly looking for a picture to post with this, but couldn't find one. But here's what I was thinking: the 1978 Chevy Malibu Black Sterling showcar.

Chevrolet did seem to consider a performance variant of the Malibu. A Malibu sport coupe called the Black Sterling appeared on the 1978 auto show circuit with a sharp black-over-silver two-tone paint, a spoiler at the rear, what looks like 15-inch wheels and tires and, presumably, the 350 V-8 that would only come in Malibu station wagons and El Caminos. The Black Sterling obviously never made it to production and seems to have disappeared from most people's memories.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

Budget minded... = no metalic & a light color

for ease of maintenance. My choice? Bright

lamon yellow! :)

On that car, I'd say black. I know cost is an issue, but following the 2-tone theme, you could do black on top following along the crease/beltline, and red on the bottom half.

What kind of look are you going for? Just a basic respray? Or are you going to be really into details and whatnot and want it really clean and showcar worthy?

I liked the white because it looks clean a long time, as a daily driver in the

summer, I've had black...It sure shows dust.... this thing is a driver.

I was leaning towards a bright red, maybe with some silver or black.

I have never been able to decide anything easily

On a related note that Avatar is SOOOO cool! :wub:

I'd vote for a bright silver (with black skunk stripes?) or that coppery/bronze tone GM offers on a few current models (maybe with a black Judge-esque beltline stripe?). Car would wear a beltline stripe pretty well, IMO. If the metallics are too much more, then I don't know what flat shade to go with.

Color choices are tough- some cars 'speak' to you, others just sit there and shrug.

I asked the car, it does not know either.]

sometimes cars are like women. they just won't say what they want. and then they get upset when you can't figure it out.

my advice, if you want to get something out of a woman, you have to get them drunk and find a way to mess with their head. using that anology applied to your car, perhaps get it drunk on some good high octane fuel and rub the inside really nicely with a some armor all to gloss it up and then see if she tells you what she wants. :ohyeah:

Ferrari red, BTW.

Posted Image

I can't deny I love red...Then I could add SS stripes or do a silver two tone

later on after I got used to it... People say, oh cops will come after you, blahblah

Red might be the best color in the spectrum.

Posted Image

I love this one too, it would just cost more and you hafta dust off the black

to keep it looking good every other day too bad for those fruity ralley wheels

Where is Foose when you need him?

I have a cool brother that has done body work for 25years, lucky me.

He's gonna block it out like an Autorama car this week.

I appreciate your thoughts..I just keep hearing Sammy Hagar saying RED

Posted Image

I actually like that 2nd one. It looks good. I wonder what that would look like on a 93 Bonneville SSEI. My neighbour might sell me his. I would have to repaint it though. It is green and it has those ugly gold rims on but they were damaged anyways. MightyMouse, your car would actually be interesting to see on Overhaulin'.

Edited by american_revolution_2005

I got really mad when they did new cars, what a waste. The NAPA S10 they did was sweet though. It was a dragster I believe. It would be awful to see what they would do do this on PIMP MY RIDE. They an old Blazer though. If I had the money, I would buy an 90 Chev Blazer 2 door, gut it out, put a 350 in it, lower it, IROC rims, billet grill and in black. I would want a 90 seeing as I was born in that year plus I loved what they looked like.

Hmm...what about a red and silver 2-tone?

Just a thought ...

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I want a 2-tone Chevrolet" ... BJ Thomas ... '2-Car Garage'

Oh yeah...I think red first and silver a year or two after....

I even drew some with a 1955 Belair style two tone

WMJ:

Sorry but i like the simulated woodgrain better than the 80s

pro-street black & aqua. Those lines do not go wiht the

'Malibus boxy shape. It's too much and too "look at me!"

Posted Image

i like this bottom color but put a gunmetal (like speedypenguin's below) up top with a belt line that slopes down about 1 or 2 more degrees with a red pinstrip along the transition . . . that would be hot

actually i really like this color i might just tell you to paint it that color

sorry penguin but i think he should copy you lol

Posted Image

whens overhaulin on now? what channel? i nevre see it anymore?

Edited by mute

Oh yeah...I think red first and silver a year or two after....

I even drew some with a 1955 Belair style two tone

Ooo..that'd be awesome, too!

Perhaps you should have someone (or yourself) photoshop some of these combinations to see what they all might look like......