GMC News: GMC Introduces the 2020 Sierra Heavy Duty

32 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

You know, I already anticipated that....

One of the slipperiest cars of its day, the 1988 Buick Regal Coupe.

autowp.ru_buick_regal_coupe_7.jpg

Another famously sleek car, the 1993 Dodge Intrepid.

96103421990205.jpg

Then there is the 1994 Oldsmobile Aurora... a personal favorite. 

OLDSMOBILE-Aurora-3487_5.jpg

You might be thinking of the early 80s, but the 90s were almost comically into jellybean aero style.

Well, one of those is not jellybean-like at all. And again, there are examples but not everything from the 90's is a "jellybean-like" shape.  

I would like to take a second to rant about one of my top 5 least favorite vehicles of all time in the Impala. This is the most generic shape of vehicle ever produced. If you asked a child(3-8 years old-ish) to just a picture of a car, 99% chance it would look identical to this POS. 

Ugly.jpg

If you're referring to the Regal, they were very jellybean compared to their direct predecessor. I know you weren't there, but try to look at it through 1989 eyes which were used to this.

9301436-1987-buick-regal-t-type-thumb-c.jpg

.  The Cutlass Supreme then... same thing, just jellybeanier...

1989-Oldsmobile-Cutlass-Supreme.jpg

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I would like to take a second to rant about one of my top 5 least favorite vehicles of all time in the Impala. This is the most generic shape of vehicle ever produced. If you asked a child(3-8 years old-ish) to just a picture of a car, 99% chance it would look identical to this POS. 

Ugly.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa... what?  That Impala was packed with Chevy DNA.  Chrome grille bar with bowtie, check.  Fared in mirrors, like a Camaro, check.  Rear quarter glass like a late model B-body Caprice/Impala, check.  Speedlines off the wheelwells, like many 1960's Chevrolets, including 1969 Camaro, check.  Veed rear cove panel, like the 1962 Impala, check.  You cannot get much more CHEVROLET styling cues on one car as what appears on that Impala.  CHECK YOURSELF!

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Whoa whoa whoa... what?  That Impala was packed with Chevy DNA.  Chrome grille bar with bowtie, check.  Fared in mirrors, like a Camaro, check.  Rear quarter glass like a late model B-body Caprice/Impala, check.  Speedlines off the wheelwells, like many 1960's Chevrolets, including 1969 Camaro, check.  Veed rear cove panel, like the 1962 Impala, check.  You cannot get much more CHEVROLET styling cues on one car as what appears on that Impala.  CHECK YOURSELF!

And here I thought Chevy actually knew how to style a vehicle and forgot one. Apparently they've known how to not style a vehicle for a lot longer, thanks! 

• Haha 2