Jump to content
Drew Dowdell

Zotye Announces US Dealership Network :Comments

Recommended Posts

Chinese automaker Zotye (pronounced Zoh'-Tay) has announced it has signed agreements for 19 stores with various dealership groups nationwide.  This move brings the company closer to being the first manufacturer to sell Chinese made vehicles under a Chinese brand name. Eventually, Zotye plans to enter 80 US markets with 300 to 325 dealers. The company is hoping to reach that goal by the end of 2020.  The next round of dealership expansion is expected in March 2019.

While no vehicle has officially been announced, it has been widely speculated that the first Zotye vehicle offered will be the Zotye T600 (shown above), a crossover offered for sale in China since 2013. 

Zotye aims to be a low-cost automaker at the value end of the spectrum.


View full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Drew Dowdell Any connection to VW or Honda? That T600 looks allot like the VW / Honda CUVs. Wonder how much the design will change when launched here in the US. Such a BLAH BLAND look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dfelt said:

@Drew Dowdell Any connection to VW or Honda? That T600 looks allot like the VW / Honda CUVs. Wonder how much the design will change when launched here in the US. Such a BLAH BLAND look.

Their main partner in China is Ford. 

I'm assuming we'll get an updated version of the T600.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheap crossover = many, many sales units.  Americans love crossovers and they love Wal-Mart pricing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Audi ripoff'ish, lets see how it fares in the crash tests if they do go through with it.

 

Edited by frogger
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the two tone interior color, but does remind me of a young Hyundai. Wonder about that quality inside and out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The front end reminds me of Volkswagen, or older Honda..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Their main partner in China is Ford. 

I'm assuming we'll get an updated version of the T600.

In this...eff Ford. 

So much winning in our trade exchange....

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

Cheap crossover = many, many sales units.  Americans love crossovers and they love Wal-Mart pricing.

Yep...and have zero ethics in selling us out to China.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

In this...eff Ford. 

So much winning in our trade exchange....

A product of necessity. In order to do business in China, US manufacturers have to partner with a local company. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drew Dowdell said:

A product of necessity. In order to do business in China, US manufacturers have to partner with a local company. 

In this though they are assisting the Chinese takeover of the US auto market. I stand by my comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

In this though they are assisting the Chinese takeover of the US auto market. I stand by my comments.

In that case, all of the US manufacturers (and Japanese, and German) are equally guilty. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drew Dowdell said:

In that case, all of the US manufacturers (and Japanese, and German) are equally guilty. 

Ohhhh I am well aware of that...but this is not a good development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Ohhhh I am well aware of that...but this is not a good development.

Alas, such is the nature of global companies...far too many US-based companies are dependent on China for electronics and consumer product manufacturing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Alas, such is the nature of global companies...far too many US-based companies are dependent on China for electronics and consumer product manufacturing. 

Ohhh...again...yes....but we need to change that Dynamic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Ohhh...again...yes....but we need to change that Dynamic.

I wonder if it's too late.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I wonder if it's too late.  

I intend to fight every chance I get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I intend to fight every chance I get. 

Somedays it just feels like the country is in it's death spiral...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Somedays it just feels like the country is in it's death spiral...

Ohhh...absolutely right again. Culturally very much so I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×