A Horse With No Name

Another big Ford...

Coming from where they were at nearly the leading edge of design in the 1930s, early-mid 70s Fords are just revoltingly ugly. The true 'disposable appliances' of their day.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Whatever dude, just your opinion.  We all have our likes and dislikes.  

• Upvote 1

Minus the shyt 1970s brown exterior colours on those Fords, I like. 

I will post some 1970s Fords that I like...right after my wife gets off the computer. She needs it.  

You believe that shyt? She needs the computer...

Image result for goodfellas paulie gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Would you still respect me in the morning if I admitted to you I had a bit of an edsel fetish?

No  :neenerneener:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I think you are insane actually. Electric cars seem better designed from the ground up as Electrics. Give me a ford V8!

Yes if they are in good shape, then keep them as they were originally designed but if the over all body is good but the powertrain is shot, why not consider something insanely awesome!

I love this project: 

Course this is very cool too as a restored ICE Convertible.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

THIS is a great thread except for the blight inserted concerning electric perversions.  I mean conversions, but not really.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

THIS is a great thread except for the blight inserted concerning electric perversions.  I mean conversions, but not really.

Some people lack the ability to appreciate a reciprocating piston.

• Haha 1

Funny thing about 60s-70s Fords is the engines are usually pretty solid and reliable.    It’s the bodies that rusted horribly here in the land of salty roads.  

• Upvote 2

The early Torinos. 1971. The hide-way-headlights are nice, but on the Torino, it reminds me of a 1969 Cougar. I prefer the Cougar's looks.

Related image

Starsky and Hutch, but the Mercury version. A very dear family friend had one back in the day. A 1974 Mercury Cougar with a 351 Windsor I believe.  Shyte brown. Kinda like this one if I remember the car correctly.  As much as I hate that 1970s brown on cars, Im very fond of it on that Cougar.

Image result for 1974 Mercury Cougar

Related image

1970 Lincoln Continental Mark 3

Related image

1974 Ford Thunderbird

Image result for 1974 ford thunderbird

4 door Convertible Town Car

Related image

• Upvote 4

Even as a ratty 4 door looks good in this Music video...

Another Cameo Appearance of a big ford convertible in this video also...

Edited by A Horse With No Name

5 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

That 74 Thunderbird is just Epic.

I remember riding in one at about age 6...my brother was a salesman at the local Ford dealer in the mid 70s, he'd come home with cars like a black '74-76 Thunderbird, dark blue '72 Gran Torino Sport, '76 Mustang II Cobra, etc...

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I remember riding in one at about age 6...my brother was a salesman at the local Ford dealer in the mid 70s, he'd come home with cars like a black '74-76 Thunderbird, dark blue '72 Gran Torino Sport, '76 Mustang II Cobra, etc...

Friend of mine in high school had a 76 Mustang Cobra....we thought we were the king of the world cruising around Muncie Indiana in that thing at age 16.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Friend of mine in high school had a 76 Mustang Cobra....we thought we were the king of the world cruising around Muncie Indiana in that thing at age 16.

I am such a sucker for the Mustang.  Even the II.....

A couple of years ago, someone stuffed the 7.3 V10 in a II chassis!  It was epic!!!

Mustang II V10.jpg

Edited by lengnert
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

At the time he worked at the dealer, he had a '75 Mustang II Mach 1 of his own, silver w/ black stripes.  I remember he once parked it across the street in front of our house and our next door neighbor backed her '71 Olds 98 into it...smashed in the passenger door and front fender. 

2 minutes ago, lengnert said:

I am such a sucker for the Mustang.  Even the II.....

A couple of years ago, someone stuffed the 7.3 V10 in a II chassis!  It was epic!!!

Wow... I bet they had to do a lot of mods for it to fit..

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

At the time he worked at the dealer, he had a '75 Mustang II Mach 1 of his own, silver w/ black stripes.  I remember he once parked it across the street in front of our house and our next door neighbor backed her '71 Olds 98 into it...smashed in the passenger door and front fender. 

Wow... I bet they had to do a lot of mods for it to fit..

You would NOT be wrong, sir!!! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, lengnert said:

You would NOT be wrong, sir!!! 

That car is so incredibly awesome. I remember getting a tour of the Mustang plant as a kid when the Mustang II was in production. Good times...and good memories of my father who is no longer with us.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

That car is so incredibly awesome. I remember getting a tour of the Mustang plant as a kid when the Mustang II was in production. Good times...and good memories of my father who is no longer with us.

Wow, what a fantastic memory indeed!

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Sad, but happy this will go to a home that can hopefully restore her to her proper glory.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/26315/this-rotting-1969-ford-torino-gt-cobra-jet-could-go-for-over-30k 

Reminds me a lot of the '68 Fairlane fastback my brother had in the late 80s..same gold..it was a 302 IIRC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Sad, but happy this will go to a home that can hopefully restore her to her proper glory.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/26315/this-rotting-1969-ford-torino-gt-cobra-jet-could-go-for-over-30k 

Sadly, local vendor parted out a Cobra jet Cougar. Was Ohio Rusty and no one wanted to tackle it....was worth more in parts than as a complete car. Was Black...a rare color for Cougars. May have been the only Black Cobra Jet Cougar ever made.

• Sad 2