Let's See Those Engine Bays!

WOW! Great concept for a thread.

Love that Sudebaker V8 Walt. :D

So first off the Volvo's crap-tastic 2.4 liter Four banger.

Posted Image

Everytime I open the long hood on my compact little

Datsun and see the inline six sitting pretty lengthwise

between the Firewall and radiator it puts a huge smile

on my face. :)

Posted Image

5.7 liters of ZZZ350 crate motor direct from GM.

Translation: 377 horsepower at 7000rpm.

Posted Image

I'm selling my muscle car to get a luxury car but in

terms of gross horsepower I will not be giving up

much. Check out that air cleaner... that's a 345

horsepower 394 sitting between the fenders. :yes:

Posted Image

Yup... this is what a 24,000 original mile 1964

Oldsmobile Super 88 Holiday looks like.

Thumbnails working okay for me, perhaps it's a firefox thing.

Here's mine!

Posted Image

350cid, bored .040 over, 272/282 Melling Street Performance cam, Dynomax headers, Holley aluminum Street Dominator Intake, 670cfm Holley 4-bbl vacuum secondary carb, Accel 48,000-volt supercoil, port and polish job on the heads....all in all, 385 horses to the rear wheels, 415 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate you Northstar! :angry::P

Damn, I want a Holden GTO.

the old trucks engine :( (i miss it)

Posted Image

(borrowed link^)

My Caprices enigne(i need to get a new pic but theres the 305 pushing 185 HP and 250 ft. lbs of torque.

Posted Image

the new trucks engine Repalcement vechicle for now.

Posted Image

(borrowed link^) I wish it was that clean. for $700 how could i go wrong. It blows a quart of oil every 200 miles. and if you slam the door rust chunks fall out.

Edited by capriceman

• 1 month later...

One last post...

Posted Image

Tammy's 87 IROC in original form.

Posted Image

With the Holley Stealth Ram Intake

Posted Image

Working on the rebuild. Its now a 355 and should be finished being assembled by the end of August.

Hmmm, time and money, I don't have enough of either. :lol:

Edited by zhawk

ANy tips on how to clean a modern engine? I used to clean the 3.1 V6 in my '92 Cavalier Z24 all the time with no problems. Then I bougth a '95 Pontiac T/A back in April of '98 and washed the engine once - it wouldn't start for over an hour afterwards (I guess it had to dry out). So I've stopped doing this task when cleaning my cars but miss the beauty of a clean engine bay (I spent about a day & a half cleaning the 'bu recently - but the engine is still horrendous). I'd like to clean-up both the Malibu's 3500 V6 and the Envoy's 4200 I6. Any suggestions and/or recommendations???

Steam cleaning would probably be the best approach if there's accumulated dirt. Also, after every wash, I usually wipe down what I can in the engine bay with the dirty towel just before I throw it in the wash.

Too lazy to take a new one...

Here's the one from the last photoshoot:

Posted Image

Stock LX9 3500. Oh, I removed the resonator recently, but it's not visible in this pic.

For a thread like this, you should quote Rick James:

Bitches, come over here and show Charlie Murphy titties!

Edited by ToniCipriani

Steam cleaning would probably be the best approach if there's accumulated dirt. Also, after every wash, I usually wipe down what I can in the engine bay with the dirty towel just before I throw it in the wash.

174834[/snapback]

Well, I've owned the car for 33 months now and it has never been cleaned, so I will say YES, there's a lot of accumulated dirt :lol:

Where do I go to have the engine steam cleaned? Anything I should be aware of when getting this done? For example, is there any components on the LX9 3500 V6 engine that need to be protected/covered before getting cleaned?

Why dont you just get some Simple Green and some elbow grease?

175069[/snapback]

That's what I used when I cleaned my '92 Cav Z24 with the 3.1 V6 and never had a problem. The one time I cleaned my '95 T/A with the LT1 V8 the darn car wouldn't start for over an hour. I was also advised by some car guys that newer car engines were more delicate and you have to be careful when spraying under the hood. I'd prefer to do it myself - anything I should know about the LX9 V6 before I go spraying under the hood???