NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Ford's BMW - 1985-1989 Merkur XR4Ti

52 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Sad but true...manual transmission, straight 4 or straight 6...that was when BMW really had their performance car game on high, IMO...they weren't luxury cars, but driver's cars.  the more recent M cars are more powerful and faster, but I doubt if they are more fun than the older, simpler cars.

Quoted for truth.

36 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The Merkur Scorpio was slightly more credible as a luxury car if only because of the super plasticy Mercury Sable sitting in the same showroom. Still, most customers opted for the much more stylish (for the time) Sable than they did the Scorpio. 

You may actually have a tangential decent argument on the 80's Lincolns from another thread here...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I have thoughts about buying a Continental. Given Luxury car depreciation used ones can be quite the affordable cruiser.

Amazing but I find plenty of 2017 and 2018 Lincoln Continentals with less than 20,000 miles on the lots for $30K dollars and these were 50 to 60K brand new. Even the AWD Black Label that were $78-80K new with only a few thousand miles on them are selling for low to mid 60s. Tell's me the CPO market will be good for those wanting a CPO Continental.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Amazing but I find plenty of 2017 and 2018 Lincoln Continentals with less than 20,000 miles on the lots for $30K dollars and these were 50 to 60K brand new. Even the AWD Black Label that were $78-80K new with only a few thousand miles on them are selling for low to mid 60s. Tell's me the CPO market will be good for those wanting a CPO Continental.

And a Continental will not high center on my driveway.... :scratchchin:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

And a Continental will not high center on my driveway.... :scratchchin:

It would look damn fine in mine. It may not be a 70 K car to rival the best of Benz and Cadillac...but at 30K it is one heck of a nice Fusion.

• Upvote 2

I know this is somewhat anecdotal, but to a person, everyone I know that owns one of the new Continental (maybe a 6-8 owners) are more than just a little happy with their cars (all bought new).

If it weren't for the fact that my old knees beg for a vehicle to sit a little higher than a sedan, I would be looking for a good pre-owned one myself.

I would never buy or own a European vehicle of any sort that was near or over warranty as it is.  Talk about depreciation! 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, lengnert said:

I know this is somewhat anecdotal, but to a person, everyone I know that owns one of the new Continental (maybe a 6-8 owners) are more than just a little happy with their cars (all bought new).

If it weren't for the fact that my old knees beg for a vehicle to sit a little higher than a sedan, I would be looking for a good pre-owned one myself.

I would never buy or own a European vehicle of any sort that was near or over warranty as it is.  Talk about depreciation! 

An S series Benz will depreciate more than the conti black label was new....in just a few years.

• Upvote 2