GMC News: GMC Introduces Refreshed 2020 GMC Acadia

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

California gas pump nozzles (and some in Arizona) are bulky w/ a big bellows (corrugated hose style) thingy above the handle and usually don't work well with the plug in and lock (have to hold it or it keeps shutting off).  Vapor recovery system, a CARB feature? 

c_ferrucci_751A59C5-DDF0-43D6-BC23-46050F197C2C_zps60mpnqru.png

20090329_110537_gas_300.jpg

Yup, those are the CARB Vapor Recovery nozzles and depending on the auto, some are a pain in the ass to fuel with as they do shutoff when not properly sealed. I hate them and look forward to the EV day when pumps are gone.

@Drew Dowdell What issues are you having with the Encore?

It's leaking something from somewhere only sometimes. I can't identify what it is, only that I can sometime smell a fluid burning. I don't think it's oil.

The infotainment system has also wigged out on me repeatedly and lost all of it's settings. 

We're at 87k miles now.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It's leaking something from somewhere only sometimes. I can't identify what it is, only that I can sometime smell a fluid burning. I don't think it's oil.

The infotainment system has also wigged out on me repeatedly and lost all of it's settings. 

We're at 87k miles now.

My sister's '15 Trax loses it's settings for the infotainment (clock, etc) pretty regularly.    Just had an oil change, has 15k miles now. 

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

We're at 87k miles now.

Wish there was an easy way for the end user to flash the Nav / radio system and reload the operating system easily. That should be standard in this day and age of technology.

14 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

What does that mean? The Tahoe is damn near luxury in its own.. The next generation will be even more so. Remember that a Tahoe Premieris priced like a GLS. 

The Escalade has gear shifter, window switch controls, center arm rest, etc basically out of a Silverado/Tahoe.  2nd and 3rd row seats are pretty similar too, a lot of Tahoe bits carry over to the Escalade on the inside, not just the chassis and engine.  

Escalade still sells so much of that doesn't matter not, but the X7 is way nicer than an Escalade, the Navigator is nicer, the GLS is nicer and getting redone in 2020, and now Rolls, Bentley and Lamborghini have SUVs, Aston Martin/Lagonda and Ferrari are getting them.  All of a sudden Escalade could be falling from grace.  And if I had to build an SUV to compete with that list, I'd rather base it off a CT6-V than a Tahoe.

GM should build one on the Omega platform sooner than later.

More importantly, Cadillac really needs to step up all interiors and surpass all comers NOW.  Otherwise, we will see Escalade models on the lot for 120 days or more while putting cash on the hood just to move the metal.

9 hours ago, riviera74 said:

I really can't imagine GM doing that..they prefer FWD/transverse crossovers on shared platforms across 4 brands.  The volume appliances is where they are.

15 hours ago, smk4565 said:

The Escalade has gear shifter, window switch controls, center arm rest, etc basically out of a Silverado/Tahoe.  2nd and 3rd row seats are pretty similar too, a lot of Tahoe bits carry over to the Escalade on the inside, not just the chassis and engine.  

Escalade still sells so much of that doesn't matter not, but the X7 is way nicer than an Escalade, the Navigator is nicer, the GLS is nicer and getting redone in 2020, and now Rolls, Bentley and Lamborghini have SUVs, Aston Martin/Lagonda and Ferrari are getting them.  All of a sudden Escalade could be falling from grace.  And if I had to build an SUV to compete with that list, I'd rather base it off a CT6-V than a Tahoe.

2020 Escalade may just debut by the end of year.. The Shifter is fine, but considering.. they may go to a push button one similar to this. The interior of the Esv

2019-Cadillac-Escalade-EXT-Interior-cadi

2018-cadillac-escalade-esv-platinum-inte

13 hours ago, riviera74 said:

More importantly, Cadillac really needs to step up all interiors and surpass all comers NOW.  Otherwise, we will see Escalade models on the lot for 120 days or more while putting cash on the hood just to move the metal.

The Omega platform is going away. GM is consolidating on a new platform soon called VSS.

14 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

2020 Escalade may just debut by the end of year.. The Shifter is fine, but considering.. they may go to a push button one similar to this. The interior of the Esv

I've been told by a Cadillac rep that starting with the XT4, the shifter and other such switch gear will be shared up and down the lineup. That was a Johan thing though, so it may not hold by the time the Escalade gets here. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

That looks a lot like this:

interior%20front%20Chevrolet%20Tahoe%20P

When it should be more in line with this:

ac9bc9b17c66b6e896b90285fd2f027fx.jpg

18 hours ago, riviera74 said:

232 day supply of Corvettes. Although that could be more do do with sports cars dying than any product shortcomings.  

5 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

232 day supply of Corvettes. Although that could be more do do with sports cars dying than any product shortcomings.  

Get ready for this:

2017-future-vehicles-escala-concept-dash-595x325.jpg

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

More like immediate Corvette buyers know that the C8 will be available soon...

These immediate Corvette potential owners are also aware that the C7 bones are closely related to the C5 bones and that the C8 will be completely new from the ground up, even if not mid-engined... so probably the immediate Corvette buyers that will be will and are holding off to buy a brand new Vette waiting for the C8 to arrive. 

Corvette sales always do this. The final years especially THE final year of the generation ALWAYS slips waaaay below the sales charts. But then when the new generation arrives, the sales spike up again...so...no biggie for that stat you hold dear to prove a point of some sort. 

So I wouldnt be using the Corvette as an example is what Im saying. 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

Tahoe & Escalade don't look like they share ANYthing other than the only 2 things I ever see mentioned; window switches (just the actual button- the surrounds look different in the pics) and the shifter lever. Wow- I thought there was a laundry list of shared bits inside, more hater hyperbole I guess.

• Agree 1

Stop being a  dullard..

Corvette could quite possibly be being over built, if the C8 comes out and GM has no plans to build the C7 along side it for 2020. It is a huge rumor and possibility that the C8 is gonna see the most expensive price hike in Vette history. Doesn't hurt to have '19s on hand to keep sales going. And truthfully no one is gonna lack for performance from the C7 anyway. My Stingray was a performance KING.. my Z06.. a GOD. 

I almost hope they continue making the FE Vette, but I could see how that would be redundant. Besides.. the Camaro has 90% of the Vette's performance. It really should and could be in Camaro7 Form a new Flagship for the Chevy brand with the Corvette FINALLY getting to graduate to full on Brand of its own.

2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

The bottom one looks like it is nothing special IMO.. the Slade and the Tahoe both look like some one actually put some thought in to it. Even more on my mind.. is that a Q8 interior? More like a concept Q8.. cause the Q8 has a different interior I thought

2019-audi-q8-interior-dashboard.jpg

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

Just now, Cmicasa the Great said:

The bottom one looks like it is nothing special IMO.. the Slade and the Tahoe both look like some one actually put some thought in to it. Even more on my mind.. is that a Q8 interior? More like a concept Q8.. cause the Q8 has a different interior I thought

The Audi interior dfelt posted is the A8, I believe.  I like the hidden dash vents.  Nothing retro I see, other than a horizontal dash w/ raised gauge pod, which many past Audis had. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

The Audi interior dfelt posted is the A8, I believe.  I like the hidden dash vents.  Nothing retro I see, other than a horizontal dash w/ raised gauge pod, which many past Audis had. 

smk... Hidden vents are nothing new.. even Jag had them a few years back in the XF

27 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

The only reason I mention retro is how flat and vertical the whole dash is, really reminds me of the luxury cars of the 80's. Rest of it is clearly 21st century new.

Nice but I like the 21st century curve of the Cadillac dash way better. 

Course if you or anyone else wants to buy me an A8, I promise I will happily accept it. :P

3 minutes ago, dfelt said:

The only reason I mention retro is how flat and vertical the whole dash is, really reminds me of the luxury cars of the 80's. Rest of it is clearly 21st century new.

Nice but I like the 21st century curve of the Cadillac dash way better. 

Course if you or anyone else wants to buy me an A8, I promise I will happily accept it. :P

I like the driver-centric angling of that Cadillac concept dash, kind of retro early 70s feel to me. I like the new A8, esp. the taillight treatment. 

2019 Audi A8 (5).jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

More like immediate Corvette buyers know that the C8 will be available soon...

These immediate Corvette potential owners are also aware that the C7 bones are closely related to the C5 bones and that the C8 will be completely new from the ground up, even if not mid-engined... so probably the immediate Corvette buyers that will be will and are holding off to buy a brand new Vette waiting for the C8 to arrive. 

Corvette sales always do this. The final years especially THE final year of the generation ALWAYS slips waaaay below the sales charts. But then when the new generation arrives, the sales spike up again...so...no biggie for that stat you hold dear to prove a point of some sort. 

So I wouldnt be using the Corvette as an example is what Im saying. 

If Corvette sales always do that, shouldn't GM know that and produce less of them?

57 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

2019-audi-q8-interior-dashboard.jpg

2019 A8.

9 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

If Corvette sales always do that, shouldn't GM know that and produce less of them?

See @Cmicasa the Great post. 

That post may explain a lot too.

GM knows that about Corvettes. ..but another angle to compliment Casa's is that  GM upped production because the C8 will be coming soon and so the Bowling Green plant  will  close  to re-tool for the C8...so GM is to produce as many Corvettes as GM thinks will sell from now up until Bowling Green closes down for the re-tooling...

Like there are sooooo many possibilities for this reason...why are you so concerned about it? GM doesnt seemed alarmed...

Like I said...GM knows about this cycle...Corvette is in its 8th generation after all...I think GM has Corvette production down to a science...why would you think otherwise? 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

See @Cmicasa the Great post. 

That post may explain a lot too.

GM knows that about Corvettes. ..but another angle to compliment Casa's is that  GM upped production because the C8 will be coming soon and so the Bowling Green plant  will  close  to re-tool for the C8...so GM is to produce as many Corvettes as GM thinks will sell from now up until Bowling Green closes down for the re-tooling...

Like there are sooooo many possibilities for this reason...why are you so concerned about it? GM doesnt seemed alarmed...

Like I said...GM knows about this cycle...Corvette is in its 8th generation after all...I think GM has Corvette production down to a science...why would you think otherwise? 

It could be to have surplus during a plant shut down.  The other factor is Corvette isn't high volume so it isn't like having 232 days of Malibus.  232 days of Corvettes might be 5-10,000 cars, they can move those in a hurry if they ever had to.

It could be to have surplus during a plant shut down.  The other factor is Corvette isn't high volume so it isn't like having 232 days of Malibus.  232 days of Corvettes might be 5-10,000 cars, they can move those in a hurry if they ever had to.

The C7 has been reported to most likely be sold next to the C8 for at least a year. The C8 is a complete and radical change in a car that has been FE for 66 years. There will be a bunch of disgruntled buyers who will reject the ME Vette no matter how good it is.. citing it as going European. Makes sense. In fact.. I really hope the FE Vette continues on next to the C8 for a while... effectively making a start to a Corvette BRand

• Agree 2

On 2/19/2019 at 5:26 AM, Cmicasa the Great said:

What does that mean? The Tahoe is damn near luxury in its own.. The next generation will be even more so. Remember that a Tahoe Premieris priced like a GLS. 

Great question. It was my understanding that it's about total efficiency. The peak torque for instance... 90% of peak torque is coming in at just 1,600 rpm and lasting all the way thru 5000, about 100rpm sooner than the previous. Meaning throttle response is immediate. BTW I could have swore this engine's HP/torque is rated using 87 where as the old ones were rated using 91-93. Don't quote me on that, but I truly believe that I read that. I can tell U that the the difference in response between using 87 and 93 in the Cruze 1.4 is Real.

I've been told that the old 2.0 may be rated to run best on 91-93 but that it can run fine on 87 'top tier' gas is what is recommended.  My Malibu 1.5 turbo loves plain 87 octane junk gas and in fact if i put 91 or 93 in it it can have a shit fit (check engine light).  The new one is defintely slower.  Might be a bit better on gas mileage and is designed to run on plain 87 octane.  But i am beginning to believe that the old 2.0 is a nice proven engine and does a good job with the power it does put out.  

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 5:18 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

Of course... nothing could ever look better than a German interior... :rolleyes:

TEUTONIC, absolutely

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

https://jalopnik.com/audis-could-finally-start-to-look-different-from-one-an-1821751850

http://thedrive.com/sheetmetal/17295/audis-will-no-longer-all-look-the-same

Edited by regfootball
  • Thanks 1