NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1985 Lincoln Town Car promotional video

No better way to market a car and driving than with alcohol!

My grandparents bought a Town Car in 1988 (to replace their '78) and I it was roomy, it floated, and had a huge trunk.   I suppose that was about it.

• Upvote 1

Growing up, my Dad had a series of Continental and Town Car sedans, usually new every 3-4 years.  I remember in high school getting to drive the ‘85 then ‘88 ocassionally.  Had fun running around in them, big, floaty and comfortable.  I remember one time leaving the 88 w/ the stereo turned up loud w my Def Leppard ‘Hysteria’ tape in the deck.

Got an earful from Dad after he drove it next, he had different musical tastes...

• Haha 3

Def Leppard!  Hysteria! 

:metal:

I always loved that Town Car.  The Cadillac Fleetwood of that era too!

I got a slightly different kind of story to tell regarding the Town Car.

Image result for millionaire pinball

I used to play this pinball all the time back in the day. 

Connection to a Town Car?  Well, that limo is a Town Car!  And I always loved playing that pinball BECAUSE I had a love for a Twon Car. 

Back then, my friends would all talk about what our favorite cars were. Trying to one up each other with performance stats.

Well,  sometimes my favorite cars would happen to be either the Fleetwood or the Town Car. Preferably limos. My friends were confused and laughed at me when I told them that. You know, the favorites of the day were Porsche 959s and Ferrari 308s and Corvettes and Testarossas and Countaches and the like...so you could imagine the bizarre choices I told them.

Well, my answer to them after all the laughing would be: "How many girls could you fit in a Ferrari? Only one!  Well, in a Town Car or Fleetwood, I could fit as many as I want!!! Even more if they were limos!!!" 

And to this day, I still love those cars for the very same reasons! Albeit I dont advertise that too loudly nowadays. My wife would have my head in a platter!  

• Upvote 4

One of the neighbors when I was growing up got one of these Town Cars after just having Coupe and Sedan Devilles for years.  Oddly enough, the Town Car was a major downsize for him, but he needed it as he had recently put one of the Devilles through the back wall of his garage trying to park it. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Def Leppard!  Hysteria! 

:metal:

I always loved that Town Car.  The Cadillac Fleetwood of that era too!

I got a slightly different kind of story to tell regarding the Town Car.

Image result for millionaire pinball

I used to play this pinball all the time back in the day. 

Connection to a Town Car?  Well, that limo is a Town Car!  And I always loved playing that pinball BECAUSE I had a love for a Twon Car. 

Back then, my friends would all talk about what our favorite cars were. Trying to one up each other with performance stats.

Well,  sometimes my favorite cars would happen to be either the Fleetwood or the Town Car. Preferably limos. My friends were confused and laughed at me when I told them that. You know, the favorites of the day were Porsche 959s and Ferrari 308s and Corvettes and Testarossas and Countaches and the like...so you could imagine the bizarre choices I told them.

Well, my answer to them after all the laughing would be: "How many girls could you fit in a Ferrari? Only one!  Well, in a Town Car or Fleetwood, I could fit as many as I want!!! Even more if they were limos!!!" 

And to this day, I still love those cars for the very same reasons! Albeit I dont advertise that too loudly nowadays. My wife would have my head in a platter!  

Solid logic!!
And I don't think ever naming a car that you actually drove as a 'favorite' (as opposed to one you only have experience with via magazine reviews and posters) is ever a bad thing, either!!

• Upvote 1