Drew Dowdell

Geneva 2019: Subaru Teases New Crossover Concept: Comments

Subaru has released a teaser image of the VIZIV Adrenaline concept they plan to unveil in Geneva Switzerland at the Geneva Auto Show.  The image gives the impression of a small, sporty crossover with a fastback roofline, but the accompanying press release goes into little other detail.

Subaru says that Viziv is a coined word from the phrase Vision for Innovation.  

Subaru will also be displaying two European specification, electrified e-Boxer vehicles.

The Geneva Auto Show starts March 5th, 2019

View full article

Looks tiny and less useful than the terrible package called Crosstrek which I just shake my head at on how poorly packaged it is.

6 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Looks tiny and less useful than the terrible package called Crosstrek which I just shake my head at on how poorly packaged it is.

Well,... it's a concept so... 

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Well,... it's a concept so... 

Very true, but I have to question how small we go on ICE auto's before the interior room is just not worth the price they ask for the auto.

I hope it is a 2 seater crossover coupe.   I predict by 2025 100% of vehicles sales will be crossover coupes.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, smk4565 said:

I hope it is a 2 seater crossover coupe.   I predict by 2025 100% of vehicles sales will be crossover coupes.

I really hope not as the Crossover Coupe is so over done and ugly. Tired of the loss of headroom, space, etc to a stupid design trend.

56 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I really hope not as the Crossover Coupe is so over done and ugly. Tired of the loss of headroom, space, etc to a stupid design trend.

While its hard to tell, I think this is one of the times @smk4565 was joking. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

While its hard to tell, I think this is one of the times @smk4565 was joking. 

Could be..;)    As an aside, though they already have the AWD GT, I'd really like to see a Challenger Trailhawk...with the same ground clearance as a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, same tires, skid plates, Quadra Trac II, etc...that would be a rad 'crossover coupe'. 

Likewise for GM fans, a Camaro ZR2 w/ the off road chops of the Colorado ZR2 would be cool..

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1

Yes it was a joke, I don't think 100% of cars will be crossover coupes.   Maybe just 99%  😉

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Yes it was a joke, I don't think 100% of cars will be crossover coupes.   Maybe just 99%  😉

I'm really hoping Chevy builds a crossover coupe version of the C8...mid engined 2 seat crossover coupe, that would be a game changer...

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I'm really hoping they build a crossover coupe version of the C8...mid engined 2 seat crossover coupe, that would be a game changer...

With a Targa version too😁

• Like 1

Just now, frogger said:

With a Targa version too😁

Definitely... 

I wonder if it will diverge from a lifted Impreza hatchback with cladding next time around.

15 hours ago, frogger said:

I wonder if it will diverge from a lifted Impreza hatchback with cladding next time around.

It might lose the cladding. 

54 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

It might lose the cladding. 

That would be nice, would be good if the upcoming Outback goes that route (or at least a large reduction).

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      Toyota and Subaru are working on their next generations of the 86 and BRZ respectively and it is rumored that the concepts of the next generation cars will be shown at the Tokyo Motor Show next month.  The production versions would follow in 2021.
      While there is talk of a new platform, it is likely that it will be an upgraded version of the existing platform as neither of Toyota's TNGA or Subaru's Global Platform allow for the size and rear-wheel drive nature of the cars. 
      Power will still come from a boxer 4-cylinder, but it will be upgraded from 2.0 liters to 2.4 liters producing around 220 horsepower. A 6-speed manual will still be available along with the 6-speed automatic. The change of engines would address one of the biggest complaints about the 86/BRZ twins, namely by boosting power.

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Toyota and Subaru are working on their next generations of the 86 and BRZ respectively and it is rumored that the concepts of the next generation cars will be shown at the Tokyo Motor Show next month.  The production versions would follow in 2021.
      While there is talk of a new platform, it is likely that it will be an upgraded version of the existing platform as neither of Toyota's TNGA or Subaru's Global Platform allow for the size and rear-wheel drive nature of the cars. 
      Power will still come from a boxer 4-cylinder, but it will be upgraded from 2.0 liters to 2.4 liters producing around 220 horsepower. A 6-speed manual will still be available along with the 6-speed automatic. The change of engines would address one of the biggest complaints about the 86/BRZ twins, namely by boosting power.
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Nissan is known for their Zero Gravity Seats found in many of their vehicles, some of the most comfortable cars seats I've found in the industry.  Nissan took that experience and applied it to three gaming chair concepts aimed at the gaming crowd.
      First of the three is a chair based on the Nissan GT-R Nismo (shown above). It's made from carbon fiber and aluminum and shaped like a racing seat. The soft areas are covered with a red leather and synthetic suede surfaces.
      My personal favorite is the Nissan Armada. Inspired by Nissan's full-size SUV, the chair is based on the Platinum Reserve with black and brown leather seating surfaces in the shape of a captain's chair. It has climate controlled heating and cooling with lumbar support for additional comfort.

Finally, the Nissan Leaf. It features gun metal painted surfaces with light-gray leather-appointed seats with electric blue inserts, usb charging ports, and integrated leg rests.

Unfortunately, Nissan has no current plans to build any of these chairs, but is gauging public reaction.  If you are interested in one of these chairs, but sure to tweet them at @NissanUSA.  What say you reader? Should Nissan build one of these models?

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Nissan is known for their Zero Gravity Seats found in many of their vehicles, some of the most comfortable cars seats I've found in the industry.  Nissan took that experience and applied it to three gaming chair concepts aimed at the gaming crowd.
      First of the three is a chair based on the Nissan GT-R Nismo (shown above). It's made from carbon fiber and aluminum and shaped like a racing seat. The soft areas are covered with a red leather and synthetic suede surfaces.
      My personal favorite is the Nissan Armada. Inspired by Nissan's full-size SUV, the chair is based on the Platinum Reserve with black and brown leather seating surfaces in the shape of a captain's chair. It has climate controlled heating and cooling with lumbar support for additional comfort.

Finally, the Nissan Leaf. It features gun metal painted surfaces with light-gray leather-appointed seats with electric blue inserts, usb charging ports, and integrated leg rests.

Unfortunately, Nissan has no current plans to build any of these chairs, but is gauging public reaction.  If you are interested in one of these chairs, but sure to tweet them at @NissanUSA.  What say you reader? Should Nissan build one of these models?
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Mercedes-Benz unveiled the Vision EQS Concept today in Frankfurt. The Vision EQS represents the future of luxurious driving. 
      Powering the Vision EQS is a dual motor system with continuous all wheel drive with approximately 469 horsepower and with about 560 lbs.-ft of torque. The juice for all that power comes from an approximately 100 kWh battery.  The top speed is estimated at 124 mph and 0 to 60 will happen in less than four and a half seconds.  The Vision EQS is capable of DC fast charging up to 350 KW. Range is estimated at around 435 on the WLTP rating cycle. 
      The interior of the EQS is intended to remind passengers of the deck of a boat, taking its inspiration from luxury yachts. The interior uses a portion of recycled plastic reclaimed from ocean waste. The wood is Maple from ecologically managed forests in Germany.  By using wood from Germany, it ensures a short transportation distance to reduce the CO2 output of the assembly process. 

View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

• Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook