Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Choppin' Competition #21 - Chevrolet Lambda

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #21!

Admist rumors that a Chevrolet Lambda-based CUV may be produced to accompany the Enclave, OUTLOOK, and Acadia, we're asking you to put your minds to work on this vehicle.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to design a Chevrolet CUV vehicle that - while still based on Lambda architecture - would be well-differentiated from its sister vehicles and carry distinctive Chevy styling cues. Front AND rear chops are encouraged.

Size guideline remain at 800x600, so please size your entry accordingly. Here are some images of current Lambda vehicles to get you started.

Enclave @ AutoDeadline

OUTLOOK @ AutoDeadline

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize!

Deadline is Tuesday, June 13th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

HMMM... I HATE THESE THINGS !!! (no refection on raven, thats nice really !)

gotta come up on this ...????

...So here is all I am doing on this contest !..a generic GM thing...I put GM on the hubcaps even !!!...so who cares ?

Posted Image

I think I hate 4 doors too....yea I do,... they BLOW !...LOL.

actually I kinda LIKE this "THING"even at thier worst GM ROCKS.....

look'in at the recent GARBAGE from Japan & Korea I want to puke from that stuff !!!!

Talk about WEIRD ASS $h!...whatever.

At least this is a nice clean design !!!,,,BTW it's a BRAVADA !...could be a Pontiac in todays market tho ....BFD !

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

:rolleyes:

aw $h! !!....LOL.

Like I said, who READS ???...allright I guess i have to change it a bit then....damn.

OK I changed the whole thing....you can use the other one too if ya want, just PRETEND it's a Chevy !!...lol.

THIS one there can be NO Doubt that it is a Chevy Blazer !!!!

I did alot of work on this one to get a 2-door "Coupe Truck" look to it, rehaping the entire roof sections, side panels and of course the frontend, & did ALL of this in Alais Sketchbook, not in Adobe Photoshop, in other words this is all drawn by "mouse" so there was no section chops of pix at all, just redesign...I thought it came out pretty good too considering ???...it may need a few finishing touches , but...not bad for NO PS techniques used in it, IMO !!...?

Posted Image

BTW isn't the LAMBADA a Dance ?????.....................yuk yuk yuk !

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Any more entries?

Any more at all?

translation: please... please someone else enter... PLEASE!!!!!! :P

MrOUTSIDETHEBOXdetroitmetal.. I think most of these you just over-design them and they turn out looking.. well.. outside the box. Too overdesigned, and because of it not many people care for your chops.

My computer's been pissing me off.. Open up photoshop and less than 2min later it freezes up. So yeah.. more time would be good.. Friday should be good I think

Posted Image

tottally bored at school during finals..im an office assistant so we dont have finals...no photoshop at school so i improvised...like mute does :AH-HA_wink:

an NOW ma bruthers....

pay attention, an step to the FLOW ;

Posted Image

The Chevy BLAZER SS.

....it be da ONLY way ta GO !!

shizzle dat !... uh huh.

(this one I put a bit ta-hoe in it, and as a RWD Lambda platform ).

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Well.. it's official.. my PC hit the $h!ter.. either the motherboard or cpu is crapping out. I ordered some new parts but they won't get here till next week, so I guess count me out of this one.. I'll finish what I had going and post it in the showcase when done.

MRDETROITMETAL: You do realize Lambda is a whole hell of a lot bigger than anything the HHR would ride on, right?

YEA I DO...But YOU have to use your visualization on this a bit to understand better my approch ( I guess)... as this would be alot BIGGER TRUCK than a HHR hence the absence of hhr "side fenders " providing a more lambada fit inside, anyway...see?

THAT is why I chopped a 2 door model here, I did use an HHR as a starting point cuz as Nos said, I did not want to "work over" the pixs too much and the HHR has exactly what I was looking for, I Hate 4 doors, period.

This could be Lambada with NO PROBLEMS at all, BUT shorter than a foor door ?...umm, NO, not really just defined the body as a 2 door RWD chassis set up, I think this IS a better direction esp for BLAZER !!!...no?

I dunno but I like it better than anything else so far....

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

AHHH, OK...here is the redo of my first pix here (dont use that) !!!

...this ONE IS A CHEVY...no doubt about it.

OK then, here we go ...you got 3 Blazer concepts from me now, and I didn't wanna do nutin for this contest...LOL.

Chevy Blazer ;

resized...

Posted Image

well I thought it was resized....PB will NOT do it its only an 800 wide tho ???

Again I am NOT using photoshop anymore, this is Alais sketchbook pro...

works real nice too for drawings.

But I am just starting to get the hang of it so ...be nice OK ??

LMAO

LIKE THATS GONNA HAPPEN.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Mr. ThinkOutsideoftheBox...

I actually like that last one from the front wheels back.. except that the front doors are like 8 feet wide.. But its body is pretty nice other than that.

OH! And "Lambda" is not "Lambada." Don't say Lum-bah-duh. Say "Lamb (as in Lamb Chop.. the dude below) duhhh."

Posted Image

Fly.. the above is not my "Lamb(duhh) Chop" :lol:

Edited by NOS2006

LMAO...and you like that part of the design cuz it's the Camaro part, the front is the Blazer...and yea the door IS wide so your kids Could get in the back seats without any trouble at all, its an old school design trick from the 70's tho, ala the Malibu and Cutlass body stlyes from the mid seventies.

Hey, your are a FUNNY guy...

Mr Lamb Chop !! :unsure:

BTW I liked your SS concept chop too very ah,,,Camaro like. seems we do have similar Taste sometimes,...you like lamb chops ????...LOL

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

well got the computer back up an running.. so I'm gonna try to finish this chop

EDIT:

And here's my entry, wanted to do more but my mind was blank on ideas

Posted Image

Edited by Decka