2QuickZ's

Cars you are ashamed to admit you like

57 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Saw a TRD Pro 4Runner today and it was sharp, monochromatic. Was eye catching. I could see why people like that package. :thumbsup:

I don’t really like the styling, but I’ve long liked the 4Runner for its off road capabilities.   The TRD Pro looks good in Calvary Blue.  Nice color.  

One Toyota guilty pleasure for me would be a late model Land Cruiser.  Great off-road and they run forever, albeit rather dated inside. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, dfelt said:

I honestly at one time thought I could see myself with a G-Wagon from MB. Yet with the moving goal post that @smk4565 has done with everything MB and especially today with an ASSHOLE MB CUV owner who moved set cones at the pass to park right in front and minimize walking which also made it impossible for me to leave I had to wait to get the Ski Resort to tow the assholes POS out of the way. 

I can honestly say I do not see myself ever owning an MB or BMW auto.

I can say that I might if Porsche ever builds something big enough to fit me comfy go with them or Audi.

My other only two non-American auto's I would own is a true Skyline (R33/R34) or possibly a Land Cruiser from Toyota.

There are a ton of non American cars I would own.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I don’t really like the styling, but I’ve long liked the 4Runner for its off road capabilities.   The TRD Pro looks good in Calvary Blue.  Nice color.  

Here's one in Cavalry Blue.  Pretty tough.

IMG_1519.jpg

• Upvote 3

If I HAD TO buy a minivan, I must admit to liking the Chrysler Pacifica.  I rented one two years ago and I was most impressed by the UConnect and the built-in navigation system.  Compared to a lot of other ones it seems to be the best one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

If I HAD TO buy a minivan, I must admit to liking the Chrysler Pacifica.  I rented one two years ago and I was most impressed by the UConnect and the built-in navigation system.  Compared to a lot of other ones it seems to be the best one.

I've only ever driven the Pacifica Hybrid and it was fantastic.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Here's one in Cavalry Blue.  Pretty tough.

IMG_1519.jpg

The first time I knew that color was a thing was at the STL Auto Show and it blew my tits off. It's such an awesome color and fits the TRD theme/style perfectly without being a bland or obnoxious. I LOVE it, 

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The first time I knew that color was a thing was at the STL Auto Show and it blew my tits off. It's such an awesome color and fits the TRD theme/style perfectly without being a bland or obnoxious. I LOVE it, 

:mind-blowing:

• Haha 2

Painfully enjoyable seeing a TRD Pro Tacoma in that blue. 😊

The most Fiat of Jeeps is on my list of "ashamed of" vehicles.

Jeep Renegade.jpg

• Upvote 3

I could see using a Renegade as a fun beach cruiser or around city vehicle.  I could see my sister replacing her Trax with one, and keeping it in Florida. 

• Upvote 1

I think it might possibly be one of, if not THE, best first vehicles for a new driver. They're slow, they appear to have great visibility, there's room for school/sports/extra curricular activities, upright seating position, available manual transmission, and if you live in the snow belt there's AWD available for you as well(even with a manual transmission). 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Painfully enjoyable seeing a TRD Pro Tacoma in that blue. 😊

The most Fiat of Jeeps is on my list of "ashamed of" vehicles.

Jeep Renegade.jpg

21 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I could see using a Renegade as a fun beach cruiser or around city vehicle.  I could see my sister replacing her Trax with one, and keeping it in Florida. 

10 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I think it might possibly be one of, if not THE, best first vehicles for a new driver. They're slow, they appear to have great visibility, there's room for school/sports/extra curricular activities, upright seating position, available manual transmission, and if you live in the snow belt there's AWD available for you as well(even with a manual transmission). 

I like the removable roof.  The smaller engine might be slow, but it's surprisingly smooth and has a good manual transmission.  Where they fall down for me is on the interior.  I want something more luxury oriented even if it is small. I'll stick with my slow but more luxury Encore for that.

• Upvote 2

I've always … kinda… liked porsche 911s. There, I got that out.

It might be interesting to pick up a '60s mercedes SL. They're fascinatingly poorly built, so it'd be a ton of work to get it up to even '60s structural standards/finish … then shoehorn a worked Buick 455 / TH400 into it; drive the purists nuts. :D 

• Haha 1

Though I know firsthand how old Mercedes can be money pits, I'd really love to have a mid 80s 500SEC or 500SEC AMG...love the hardtop styling.

c17e071aa90da1dc3797ecb1648bd751e7f68b0e.jpg

61811319-770-0@2X.jpg

• Upvote 2

First, considering Tacoma WA has been a much maligned city that has only recently been looked at for a renaissance because Seattle has become so congested and expensive, I have to snicker when I see a Toyota Tacoma and that Toyota named a truck that.  Meh.  It sounds good.  It's an alliteration.

I wouldn't say I'm ashamed of liking this car, but if I had to putt around in an econobox, I'd putt around in a Hyundai Accent.  When I did rent one, I was surprised how much I liked it.  I got in synch with it right away.

15 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Though I know firsthand how old Mercedes can be money pits

Anytime I think of an old Mercedes, I think of the ones my first-gen German-American childhood friends' parents hung onto for eternity and kept in mint condition ... or Irma Bunt. 

4 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

First, considering Tacoma WA has been a much maligned city that has only recently been looked at for a renaissance because Seattle has become so congested and expensive, I have to snicker when I see a Toyota Tacoma and that Toyota named a truck that.  Meh.  It sounds good.  It's an alliteration.

I wouldn't say I'm ashamed of liking this car, but if I had to putt around in an econobox, I'd putt around in a Hyundai Accent.  When I did rent one, I was surprised how much I liked it.  I got in synch with it right away.

Considering the gang wars and all the low income problems of Tacoma, I am honestly surprised that Toyota named a truck after Tacoma WA.

15 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Considering the gang wars and all the low income problems of Tacoma, I am honestly surprised that Toyota named a truck after Tacoma WA.

I don't know much about Tacoma, but I would like to visit the LeMay Car Museum. 

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

mid 80s 500SEC or 500SEC AMG...love the hardtop styling.

Mmmmmmmm: THE CLADDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Mmmmmmmm: THE CLADDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, but quite tastefully used.    I love the 80s styling. 

Edited by Robert Hall

51 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I don't know much about Tacoma, but I would like to visit the LeMay Car Museum. 

That is the only bright spot in Tacoma. I love that Museum.

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

I love the 80s styling. 

A bad dream that’s thankfully long in the rearview mirror.

OR.... we all find ‘90s-00s Pontiacs automatically ‘tasteful’ NO TAKEBACKS!!!!

• Haha 2