Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SingleStylish

2006 Honda Accords and Civics are in

1 post in this topic

The newly redesigned rear end of the '06 Accord does more than help the design find a little spice. The new standard 18" rims were absolutely awesome in person and the interior has had minor changes with the addition of some nice bright work on the center console. The shifter for the automatic is now a manual type. Chrome exhaust tips have been added a la coupe. All in all I expect that Honda will gain tons of sales off of this "new" model. This was the perfect addition to a nearly flawless car. The new Civic finds its own harmony. Unlike so many other cars on the road today, it does not try to be funky in design rather understated. The lines are flowing and well shaped. It makes the car look well proportioned rather than the last model that appeared to have a bigger greenhouse than the beltline. The interior is stellar and breaks new ground rather than rehashing a VW'ish design. I have long been a Chevrolet fan and when I got married last year I inherited a VW Jetta. The car was a piece of crap with more than 10 visits to the dealer. My wife and I shopped hard and ended up driving everything from the Pontiac G6 to a Mazda 3 to Accords and so on. We settled on the Accord. The G6 was overpriced and the interior of a $27k car should exude some amount of elegance. Some may disagree but the G6 simply could have been the better car if it had more rear legroom and a better interior. The Accord was a great balance of fun to drive and elegance. From a longtime Chevrolet owner... GM wake up... with the experience I have had with our Accord, I would gladly fork over the money if Honda produced a competent full size truck with a V8. It would simply deliver like the Chevrolet's of yore with no worries. Here is to hoping that Chevy one day will turn the corner... PS Pictures to follow tonight... Edited by SingleStylish