Drew Dowdell

Geneva 2019: Mazda Unveils the CX-30 Crossover: Comments

@oldshurst442 I agree that red has its place and for sure is hot on woman. But I stick with my own assessment that their are other colors that are just as sexy at auto shows than red, black, silver and white.

Chinese auto show

See the source image

Tokyo autoshow

See the source image

Seoul Autoshow

See the source image

• Upvote 1

Interesting...didn't realize PSA had the DS brand in Japan...surprised they chose Peugeot for the US instead of DS. 

• Upvote 1

Ford at Seoul

See the source image

Chevrolet at Seoul

See the source image

• Upvote 1

Wow remove or cut the cladding by 75% please... Other than that, it works.  Not sure how much cheaper they can price this than the CX5..

• Upvote 2

Interesting, looks like they are going w/ the non-conforming nomenclature for the US market..it's already up on the US Mazda website. 

They probably should have at least split the difference between the 3 and 5 and went with 4 but whatever.. 

Just now, ccap41 said:

They probably should have at least split the difference between the 3 and 5 and went with 4 but whatever.. 

Yeah, CX-4 would have made sense for the US....but they already have a different CX-4 in other markets, so they probably didn't want to use it here.  But having 3,30,5, and 9 makes no sense...

9 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I agree that red has its place and for sure is hot on woman. But I stick with my own assessment that their are other colors that are just as sexy at auto shows than red, black, silver and white.

Of course there are other colours...

As sexy as red though...

All those pics you posted...of the cars...

NONE are as sexy as a red car...

Red could even turn that sad blue Malibu into a hot car...

Image result for red malibu

Because blue...is better suited to sell paradise on earth...

Related image

But ironically, blue represents coldness, rather than hotness...as opposed to the colour red....

Therefore, you could turn BLUE in the face to try to convince yourself actually, red will always be the defacto colour to showcase a car a certain way...

PS: gold and silver are also fantastic colours to showcase a certain level of richness and sophistication for a car...both of those colours lack the fiery, fierceness, taboo, sexuality, evilness that the colour red symbolizes....

Black too...but black is also souless. It represents death...which is great for a certain type of car...A Dodge Demon...ironically the devil is known to wear red...but hence the RED eye Challenger...

Red is red my friend...

red Ferraris and red Lamborghinis...little red Corvettes...cue in Prince...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Yeah, CX-4 would have made sense for the US....but they already have a different CX-4 in other markets, so they probably didn't want to use it here.  But having 3,30,5, and 9 makes no sense...

Ahhh okay so that makes a little more sense then but I think I would have went with something different than a zero for the second digit. CX-35 or maybe CX-45..? 

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Ahhh okay so that makes a little more sense then but I think I would have went with something different than a zero for the second digit. CX-35 or maybe CX-45..? 

Or something out of left field like CX-3 2/3rds. 

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

Or something out of left field like CX-3 2/3rds. 

CX-3.5  :)

Actually they probably should have called CX-3  as CX-2 since it is based on Mazda 2 and this would be perfect to be called CX-3 since it is based on Mazda 3

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ykX said:

CX-3.5  :)

Actually they probably should have called CX-3  as CX-2 since it is based on Mazda 2 and this would be perfect to be called CX-3 since it is based on Mazda 3

Yeah, that was a misstep on Mazda's part. 

24 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

up, noticed they CX30 is already stated on the USA Mazda site. Talk about a mess this is going to cause. 

It does make me wonder if the rest of the numbers during refresh will go dual digits. CX50, CX90 🤔

17 minutes ago, dfelt said:

up, noticed they CX30 is already stated on the USA Mazda site. Talk about a mess this is going to cause. 

It does make me wonder if the rest of the numbers during refresh will go dual digits. CX50, CX90 🤔

No, why would they do that?

8 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

No, why would they do that?

We could all ask why the Hell Did Johan feel the need to go CT or XT on the cars.

Mazda could feel with all the others out there that are dual digit, maybe someone has the ear of Corporate Mazda in Japan and has them convinced going CX30, CX50, CX90 would move it like other luxury automakers with dual digit auto names.

After all multiple people have stated that Mazda wants to move into the Luxury segment away from the Honda / Toyota / Nissan and more seen as the Acura, Buick, Cadillac, BMW, etc.

Maybe this is the start of moving in that direction with a rename of the auto's.

Oy... MY THING IS... Mazda has had the same limited choice of colors for so many years now.  Same brown, same white, same red, same two bland blues...  Their colors are too conservative, and they will not dare to bring something new.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Oy... MY THING IS... Mazda has had the same limited choice of colors for so many years now.  Same brown, same white, same red, same two bland blues...  Their colors are too conservative, and they will not dare to bring something new.

Because orange, and burnt orange never sold well for Nissan in the early 2000s, teal and aqua is such a 1990s thing and therefore passé, and quite frankly, society today are that bland.  Silver and black and grey and white is what sells the most. Mazda and Dodge, because of their youthful and playful nature, reds and electric blues are offered and sold more than say Chevy and Ford and Toyota and Honda...

Honestly, if you look at GM's or Ford's or Honda's or Nissan's colour palate, is just as drab...

At least with Mazda, their red and blue is striking...

Subaru's blue is also striking. 

But who other's mainstream colour palate is eye catching? 

Dodge...but they sell 1960s/1970s style muscle cars just like they sold them then...

Im afraid, this has more to do with the bland society we live in rather than Mazda's choices for colours. Even if they gave us different shades and options, people of today would NOT buy them anyway... 

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Their CUV's Scream for a lovely Metallic Forest Green! :D 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Their CUV's Scream for a lovely Metallic Forest Green! :D 

Yeah...I could see a darkish green, emerald metallic paint job on Mazda cars and CUVs...

Like this Vette

Related image

But how many dullards would actually go for that colour other than the Miata?  Im willing to bet, not many.

• Upvote 1

2019 Forester has Forest Green Pearl Metallic

See the source image

2019 RAM Black Forest Green Pearl Coat

See the source image

2018 Metallic Forest Green Ford Bullit 50th Anniversary edition

See the source image

2019 Audi RS 5 Sportback Sonoma Green Metallic

See the source image

2018 VW Tiguan Dark Moss Green Metallic

See the source image

Not allot, but clearly some brands realize more than the basic Black, White, Silver, Red, Blue for colors.

Mazda needs to step out of their very conservative colors. Add a couple fun ones.

That green is a little dark in person on the Ram, but I would take it in a heartbeat.  With the lovely brown cloth interior.  It rocks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

That green is a little dark in person on the Ram, but I would take it in a heartbeat.  With the lovely brown cloth interior.  It rocks.

Yes, Mazda's bright blood red is boring but dark brown or green is not. Makes sense .....

• Haha 1