Drew Dowdell

Cadillac News: Cadillac XT6 Gets $53,690 Starting Price

The 'starts' 2.0T CT6s were only built in a very small volume run for those that want that configuration. The CT6 on average is stickering at $68-70K, and yes; that's expensive.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, smk4565 said:

But it isn't expensive, the 2019 CT6 starts at $50,495 and $86,280 for a Platinum AWD TT V6.  

Other base prices:

Audi A6:  $58,900

E300: $53,500

530i: $53,400

There is no S6 yet since this is a new model year, but you can run an E63 or M5 over $130,000.  And a the caveat is the A6 is V6 powered, I imagine they will bring a cheaper 4-cylinder to undercut BMW on price.

I just did the configurator on an S560 4 Matic, you can add $55,650 in options that is a whole CT6, just in options.

Then buy a CT6 Platinum AWD TT V6 and forget the Mercedes S560.  MB is rarely a good value anywhere.

• Upvote 2

MBs are the worst value out there- with the highest ATPs they cost their owners more in depreciation than any other make.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, balthazar said:

The 'starts' 2.0T CT6s were only built in a very small volume run for those that want that configuration. The CT6 on average is stickering at $68-70K, and yes; that's expensive.

But E-class, A6 and 5-series probably sell for $68k average too.  Which is why I don’t see the CT6 as a sales success.  And GM must not either if they are planning on killing just after a few years on market.

Now if they were selling CT6’s for more money and profit per unit than Escaldes and only selling 10k a year then who cares if it has massive profit.  The CT6 could be losing money though, it is a platform that only one car is on, TT V6 and V8 not in any other car.  And sedans usually need incentives to sell now.

31 minutes ago, balthazar said:

MBs are the worst value out there- with the highest ATPs they cost their owners more in depreciation than any other make.

And yet they can lease cars cheaper than Cadillac because the cars don’t depreciate as quickly.  Likewise with BMW and Audi.  Wasn’t that the big complaint of Cadillac dealers that the ATS sold so poorly because they can’t match 3-Series lease deals?

Edited by smk4565

Posted (edited)

I bought a 2005 C55 AMG in 2009 for $26K with 26K miles on the odo, clean title, no dents. The car stickered for $60K new. Drove it for 4.5 years and put 115K on it before selling it for a 2011 Jaguar XF 5.0 Supercharged. The 2014 CTS VSport Premium I bought in 2017 for $33K with 24K miles stickered for $73K new. I don't ever buy new cars and I LOVE DEPRECIATION!

Edited by dwightlooi
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, smk4565 said:

But the CT6 is priced like an A6, 5-series or E-class.  In fact a 2019 A6 starts $8,000 higher than a CT6.  So run that comparison of CT6 vs those other 3, then run that out globally, where those cars do way better than they do in the USA.  Audi sold 153,000 A6 in China alone last year. 

Yeah, if it is compared to those it sells very poorly. 

E Class/CLS: 46,424

5 Series: 43,937

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

I agree it is expensive buuuuut a CT6 3.6 + AWD starts at 54,990. 

'Starting' is all well & good- can you get any at that price? Is it even relevant? When is the last time you saw a stripped, no-option Cadillac for sale? Or any of the brand/models discussed here? My local dealer has 3 CT6s in inventory right now, all 6s, stickered at $61.5K, $67.2K and $76.7K. That's 'expensive' any way you slice it.

e-class / 5-series are mid-sized sedans, CT6 is around a foot longer. For many, that'd be a shopping factor. Tho I would believe price was moreso a driver, the bulk of press comparisons pit the CT6 against the aforementioned largest sedans from other lux brands.

I think the CT6 is perfectly fine with moving between 10K-15K units/yr; Cadillac is not a high volume brand and IMO that's a solid number.

59 minutes ago, balthazar said:

'Starting' is all well & good- can you get any at that price? Is it even relevant? When is the last time you saw a stripped, no-option Cadillac for sale? Or any of the brand/models discussed here? My local dealer has 3 CT6s in inventory right now, all 6s, stickered at $61.5K, $67.2K and $76.7K. That's 'expensive' any way you slice it.

Lots of XT5 FWD lease specials up here...

image.thumb.png.726fbe4b55ab87ce097b6d54c71eb84a.png

Canada is cheap compared to the US right now.

image.png

13 hours ago, dwightlooi said:

I bought a 2005 C55 AMG in 2009 for $26K with 26K miles on the odo, clean title, no dents. The car stickered for $60K new. Drove it for 4.5 years and put 115K on it before selling it for a 2011 Jaguar XF 5.0 Supercharged. The 2014 CTS VSport Premium I bought in 2017 for $33K with 24K miles stickered for $73K new. I don't ever buy new cars and I LOVE DEPRECIATION!

100% agree!

14 hours ago, smk4565 said:

But E-class, A6 and 5-series probably sell for $68k average too.  Which is why I don’t see the CT6 as a sales success.  And GM must not either if they are planning on killing just after a few years on market.

Now if they were selling CT6’s for more money and profit per unit than Escaldes and only selling 10k a year then who cares if it has massive profit.  The CT6 could be losing money though, it is a platform that only one car is on, TT V6 and V8 not in any other car.  And sedans usually need incentives to sell now.

And yet they can lease cars cheaper than Cadillac because the cars don’t depreciate as quickly.  Likewise with BMW and Audi.  Wasn’t that the big complaint of Cadillac dealers that the ATS sold so poorly because they can’t match 3-Series lease deals?

The CT6 isn't going anywhere... it will continue in production in China and then possibly again back in the US for the next generation. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Canada is cheap compared to the US right now.

image.png

His says $99 Weekly. I had to do some small font reading because it didn't make sense to me. 

2 hours ago, frogger said:

Lots of XT5 FWD lease specials up here...

image.thumb.png.726fbe4b55ab87ce097b6d54c71eb84a.png

$99 a WEEK. It doesn't seem that special of a price. 

• Thanks 1

🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

e-class / 5-series are mid-sized sedans, CT6 is around a foot longer. For many, that'd be a shopping factor. Tho I would believe price was moreso a driver, the bulk of press comparisons pit the CT6 against the aforementioned largest sedans from other lux brands.

I think the CT6 is perfectly fine with moving between 10K-15K units/yr; Cadillac is not a high volume brand and IMO that's a solid number.

I agree, anything over 50k is expensive for an automobile to me. I was just pointing out the 3.6 +AWD can be had at a "reasonable" price as well, not just the 2.0T. 

CT6 is classified as a mid-size sedan.. I don't know if they're wasteful on the interior volume or what but it gets classified with the CTS when I'm looking at sales 🤷🏻‍♂️

21 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

His says $99 Weekly. I had to do some small font reading because it didn't make sense to me. 

DOH, Yup I missed that too. WoW talk about deceiving. 

20 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree, anything over 50k is expensive for an automobile to me. I was just pointing out the 3.6 +AWD can be had at a "reasonable" price as well, not just the 2.0T. 

CT6 is classified as a mid-size sedan.. I don't know if they're wasteful on the interior volume or what but it gets classified with the CTS when I'm looking at sales 🤷🏻‍♂️

erm... no it's not?

2019-03-13_13-42-51.png

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

That's $99 CD,  which would be $74 USD or about $296 USD/mo.   28 month lease is unusual, Canadian months.   Don't think I've seen that in the US. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, balthazar said:

...and ungodly repairs...

17 hours ago, dwightlooi said:

I agree. I bought a fully loaded R line Beetle that stickered at like 33K for 16K two years old with 15K miles.

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

They have made a mistake. 

Are we talking about the midsize thing...cancelling the CT6....or building the bland XT6. All three of them are mistakes IMHO.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The midsize classification of the CT6

The CT6 is a full-size sedan by government standards, period. For the purpose of government regulations, the EPA defines sedan sizes solely based on interior volume of the passenger cell and trunk. However, there is no law requiring manufacturers to advertise a mid-size as a mid-size or requiring 3rd party publications for using whatever alternative definition they please:-

• Compact = 100~109.9 cu-ft
  • Mid-Size = 100~119.9 cu-ft
  • Full-Size = 120+ cu-ft

The CT6 has an interior volume of 110 cu-ft + 15.3 cu-ft = 125.3 cu-ft.

The CTS has an interior volume of 97 cu-ft + 13.7 cu-ft = 110.7 cu-ft

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

They have made a mistake. 

No doubt. This isn't even a Cadillac screw up but a GOODCAR one. I really wish Americans would start thinking on their own again and stop with this word for word interpretation and endorsement by magazines and media. That's how an election got effed up.. well partially. 

5 minutes ago, dwightlooi said:

The CT6 is a full-size sedan by government standards, period. For the purpose of government regulations, the EPA defines sedan sizes solely based on interior volume of the passenger cell and trunk. However, there is no law requiring manufacturers to advertise a mid-size as a mid-size or requiring 3rd party publications for using whatever alternative definition they please:-

• Compact = 100~109.9 cu-ft
  • Mid-Size = 100~119.9 cu-ft
  • Full-Size = 120+ cu-ft

The CT6 has an interior volume of 110 cu-ft + 15.3 cu-ft = 125.3 cu-ft.

The CTS has an interior volume of 97 cu-ft + 13.7 cu-ft = 110.7 cu-ft

No Doubt. Getting outta my V and getting into a CT6 felt like I had moved from a 3 bedroom apt to a 6 Bedroom. 

Edited by Cmicasa the Great
  • Upvote 2