Jump to content
Drew Dowdell

Acura News: Acura Planing Product Blitz

Recommended Posts

Pebble Beach could mark the debut of a nearly production-ready version of the Acura Precision concept. The concept debuted at the 2016 Detroit Auto Show and previewed Acura's Precision Crafted Performance design theme first seen in production on the 2019 Acura RDX.  While there are (hopeful?) rumors that the 4-door coupe will wear the name Legend, there is not enough evidence to support them. What that means for Acura's aging RLX sedan is anyone's guess. 

Also coming is an updated Acura TLX with a Type-S version, a new Acura MDX, and rumor has it even the ZDX may be making a return.  All of these could debut over the next 12 to 18 months, but Pebble Beach is in August, so we'll just have to sit tight until then.

 


View full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rebadged Hondas, yawn.  What we want is more lemmings to jump off the crossover coupe cliff.  Porsche has one coming, Acura needs to get in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Rebadged Hondas, yawn.  What we want is more lemmings to jump off the crossover coupe cliff.  Porsche has one coming, Acura needs to get in there.

Acura was arguably one of the first. 

What we really need are more crossover sedans.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Acura was arguably one of the first. 

What we really need are more crossover sedans.

I am holding out for double decker sedans or crossovers with 2 levels of seating.  Even better if you can drive from the 2nd level for more luxurious views of the road.  That will be the next body style when people start hating on mom’s crossover and grandpa’s sedan and want something new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I am holding out for double decker sedans or crossovers with 2 levels of seating.  Even better if you can drive from the 2nd level for more luxurious views of the road.  That will be the next body style when people start hating on mom’s crossover and grandpa’s sedan and want something new.

They've canceled the Airbus A380 you know... double-decker is already passé. 

Or maybe you're thinking Megabus

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty, but been there done that, Yawn. Not interested in a car, What does Acura have for revolutionary CUV?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Pretty, but been there done that, Yawn. Not interested in a car, What does Acura have for revolutionary CUV?

Let's see:  new cool sedan or new mommy mobile?  Righht ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ykX said:

Let's see:  new cool sedan or new mommy mobile?  Righht ....

No Mommy Mobile. I am looking for a modern Typhoon, Trailblazer SS EV style. Not more of the drag my ass on low riding cars that get lost in the deluge of coupe style blandness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to see what they come up with..Love Acura and of course I’m a Honda fanatic 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dfelt said:

No Mommy Mobile. I am looking for a modern Typhoon, Trailblazer SS EV style. Not more of the drag my ass on low riding cars that get lost in the deluge of coupe style blandness.

LOL, "coupe style blandness".  We are in the middle of the sea of vanilla crossovers, they are ALL family appliances.  Any coupe or sedan with some style will really stand out.  Whatever your preference of course, just don't pretend that crossovers are exciting unless you get a 100k pumped up Grand Cherokee or X5 or Porsche.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ykX said:

LOL, "coupe style blandness".  We are in the middle of the sea of vanilla crossovers, they are ALL family appliances.  Any coupe or sedan with some style will really stand out.  Whatever your preference of course, just don't pretend that crossovers are exciting unless you get a 100k pumped up Grand Cherokee or X5 or Porsche.

This.  There aren't many exciting looking crossovers out there.  Plenty of nice ones, but not many exciting ones. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ykX said:

LOL, "coupe style blandness".  We are in the middle of the sea of vanilla crossovers, they are ALL family appliances.  Any coupe or sedan with some style will really stand out.  Whatever your preference of course, just don't pretend that crossovers are exciting unless you get a 100k pumped up Grand Cherokee or X5 or Porsche.

I totally get what your saying as both cars and CUV's have become very bland and that is why I clearly state the two SUVs that I did as they stood out from the crowd. We really need some exciting changes.

@Matt 967 Welcome Matt to Cheers and Gears. Look forward to your input here and learning more about what you drive and like and thoughts on the auto industry.

Again, Welcome!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, dfelt said:

No Mommy Mobile. I am looking for a modern Typhoon, Trailblazer SS EV style. Not more of the drag my ass on low riding cars that get lost in the deluge of coupe style blandness.

Get on your General boys to do this. Their CUV lineup is as bland as anybody else's. No CUV as a high performance street version and no CUV has a high performance off-road version. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Get on your General boys to do this. Their CUV lineup is as bland as anybody else's. No CUV as a high performance street version and no CUV has a high performance off-road version. 

Totally agree with you. With the Supercharged motor in the Corvette, they so could build an awesome performance line of SUV/CUVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 4:36 PM, dfelt said:

Totally agree with you. With the Supercharged motor in the Corvette, they so could build an awesome performance line of SUV/CUVs.

They could do the off-road thing too. Those don't need some monster motor crammed in there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the concept looks hot... of course the only way it will sell is to lift it, throw some black plastic on it, and call it a crossover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The concept looks beautiful, but how many times have we heard Acura is going for a new look, new this, new that?  I think what will really help their case is to add more letters.  I personally would love to tell people I have an TLX with SH-AWD Type-S... hell, throw the whole keyboard on the bumper.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Paolino said:

The concept looks beautiful, but how many times have we heard Acura is going for a new look, new this, new that?  I think what will really help their case is to add more letters.  I personally would love to tell people I have an TLX with SH-AWD Type-S... hell, throw the whole keyboard on the bumper.

Ya forgot one, TLX with SH-AWD SH-AWS Type-S Turbo!

:P :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...