Let's play a game of car scrabble connecting model names and rebuilds.
1. You can connect cars by model name to model name of a different brand, model name to trim name of a different brand, model to model of the same brand but different generations, or from model to model via rebadge. You show the connections with N> for name, Y> for year, or R> for rebadge.
2. You can connect 2 cars by model name as long as they do not share a brand name and get 2 points .(Example: Edsel Citation N> Chevy Citation). You can connect names that have slightly different spelling as long as the name is pronounced the same, major changes in name structure are not allowed. (Hyundai Excel N> Buick Excelle works, GMC Sierra N> Oldsmobile Cierra works, Saturn Sky N> Nissan Skyline is not allowed). Yes Alphanumerics are valid, so Ford E350 N> Mercedes E350 will work.
3. You can connect 2 cars of the same make and model of different generations, but you get zero points, indicate the year in the connection (Example Dodge Dart '14 Y> Dodge Dart '64)
4. You can connect 2 cars that are of different Brands that are rebadges of each other, the model name can be the same or not, you'll get 3 points (Example Cadillac Catera R> Opel Omega)
5. You cannot connect by just brand (Example Cadillac Eldorado > Cadillac Catera would be invalid)
6. Add documentation where needed in parentheses (Example: Pontiac Sunfire R> Chevrolet Cavalier R> Vauxhaull Cavalier Mark II (UK) N> Lincoln Mark II) would equal 7 points.
7. You can build on previous poster's strings or build one of your own.
8. You can split strings as I will demonstrate below using the | symbol
9. Wikipedia and Google are FAIR GAME
Here is a starting one:
Mercury Monterey N> Opel Monterey R> Acura RLX R> Honda Horizon N> Plymouth Horizon R> Dodge Omni R> Volkswagen Rabbit
|R>Isuzu Bighorn N> Ram 1500 Bighorn N> GMC Sierra 1500 R> Chevy Silverado 15000
|N> Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra R> Buick Century (82) y> Buick Century (97) R> Oldsmobile Intrigue