Jump to content
Drew Dowdell

Ford News: Ford Boosting Expedition and Navigator Production

Recommended Posts

Prices go up, prices go down. I vaguely remember a stronger than seasonal gas hike sometime back in 2008 or 2009.  But I really never pay attention..it is what it is..I usually always get gas at the same station.. my old Jeep never saw 20 mpg, my newer one often gets over 20 mpg, so I'm happy..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gas cost is what it is, can you put a price on quality of life? No micro car, sub compact, etc. is worth the price compared to comfort in an auto.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@balthazar

That is some impressive (and quality) work!

That kind of quality workmanship in posting, if used right, could land you in the interwebs trolling hall of fame one day. If you chose to use your powers in that way.  

if you chose to turn to the dark side that is...

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Image result for what do you see the last jedi gif

 

BALTHY!

 

Related image

 

Related image

 

We must only use that kind of powers for the good of the internets! 

Image result for rey lifting boulders gif

Image result for rey lifting boulders gif

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, balthazar said:

I tried to get it to read '9 years ago', etc, but it didn't take.

The last mega price spike in oil prices was in 2008.  Oil prices spiked to $149 a barrel in early July.  Gas prices resulted at north of $4 a gallon ($5 in California!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Yes, but it was below average $/barrel by December, IIRC. A disconnected, speculative, futures frenzy not based on market conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, balthazar said:

^ Yes, but it was below average $/barrel by December, IIRC. A disconnected, speculative, futures frenzy not based on market conditions.

True.  It was pushed by Goldman Sachs to save themselves from the financial crisis back then.  Of course it was not based on market conditions.  And yes, it did take a few months to fully correct (i.e. fall).  But if you had to refuel between June 1 and August 1 your wallet was beat up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I leave for a few minutes  I tell you.... 😉 

Yeah, it does get old....and played over and over...

And joking aside, I get that feeling that we are really going to piss off the Middle East again (because DA can’t keep his mouth shut), prompting OPEC to up oil prices because they can. 

Now normally a jump in prices shouldn’t be a big deal, as stuff gets way better MPGS now. But, add Wall Street adding the hype (with dollar signs in their eyes) to push prices to much stupid levels...

Sad part I’m more worried about WS then I am OPEC.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

economy going nicely, cheap gas, and yes, huge SUV sales booming.  Reminds me of like the late 90's / early 00's all over again.  Back when the Expedition was all over the place.

Great indicator we'll hit a slowdown, not sure how soon.

Then folks will overreact and want to go buy Focus' again

Edited by regfootball
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goes to show that when interference is low, people will spend money on what they want.  This is how it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, daves87rs said:

I leave for a few minutes  I tell you.... 😉 

Yeah, it does get old....and played over and over...

And joking aside, I get that feeling that we are really going to piss off the Middle East again (because DA can’t keep his mouth shut), prompting OPEC to up oil prices because they can. 

Now normally a jump in prices shouldn’t be a big deal, as stuff gets way better MPGS now. But, add Wall Street adding the hype (with dollar signs in their eyes) to push prices to much stupid levels...

Sad part I’m more worried about WS then I am OPEC.....

Agree, worse thing they ever did was allow speculation on oil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Goes to show that when interference is low, people will spend money on what they want.  This is how it should be.

Bob lutz always said US car buyers will always buy as big as they can afford. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, regfootball said:

Bob lutz always said US car buyers will always buy as big as they can afford. 

Sure; they do it with houses, TVs, phones, and dozens of other consumer goods, etc- why not vehicles?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, balthazar said:

Sure; they do it with houses, TVs, phones, and dozens of other consumer goods, etc- why not vehicles?

Oh. I have no problems with that at all. It’s just that if the environmental whacks are trying to push people into crackerboxes that it goes against the idea of people seeking to get what they want. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...